The next stage in the saga!

Matt H

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no list of CORRECT WHEELS ANYWHERE.

Hi Andy

TBH it would be very difficult (and possibly a bit dangerous) to do this, there are so many different wheel brands, models, sizes, offsets, etc. Also some members have their own special requirement in terms of which brakes they are fitting them over, whether they are for stock or wide body, or they just want the widest wheels that will fit, etc.

All the Japanese wheel manufacturers I deal with recommend sizes and offsets to fit the standard bodied Supra and most of these publish these sizes and offsets on their websites.

All the standard OEM wheels are +50 offset and these are the various sizes. This doesn't mean however that every wheel model/design with these widths and offsets will fit and clear the brakes, in fact most wouldn't.

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4365/picture2zm2.png

Just give me a shout anytime if I can help.

cheers

Thread summary...

1. Car broken by naughty garage

2. Car being fixed by good garage

3. Car taken by owner before 100% ready

4. Car still a little broken but getting better at good garage

5. Owner gets arsey

6. The wrath of mod sets in

7. Thread goes off topic

8. Molehill picture sums it up

9. All is good in the world.

wahay...well here we go... i did have a long post ready to fire off but i'm chilled now and i don't want to rock any boats. but in response to whether or not i made a dumb decisin to pick my car up

I was made aware by Matt that the car was complete albeit the gauges and aircon. The only thing in question was whether the car was putting down 451bhp. To which Matt and i discuss the possibility of whether or not it is Hypers map and its like 400bhp or something. Matt said "he had driven 451bhp and this didnt feel like it"...

Anyway, I was expecting to get a finished car on Tuesday, but the gearbox was far from right imo, and had i known i would never have gone down to collect it. As for speedo, Matt said it was fixed as per the first post :search:, and as for the studs, Matt said he didnt get round to doing them but tis perfectly say to drive and get back up for replacement closer to home.

And Dangerous Brian:

To say that Matt advised me not to take the car?!?!? he said it was done and more that happy for me to collect it....

Finally:

the key issues in this thread that people are jumping all over:

1. me collecting a car thats not finished...

i was told apart from the aircon and the gauges it was?!!? if i was told it wasnt done i wouldn have bothered with the 500 mile round trip and the expense just to have to take it back! you can ask Dr_Doom, i was under the complete impression i was going to get a car that all that needed doing on it was the gauges and aircon... i've got an account by account document that details everythign that happened which you would see that i havent acted like an idiot but it wouldnt do my situation any favours right now, just want Matt to complete the car then we can all go on living.

2. Wheel studs.

Going to have to say that Matt told me it was fine to drive the car with 4 studs, and get them replaced up here. i'm going to say that one even though i didnt want to because it might look bad on Matts part but i've had a good kicking on this thread over that i feel i have too.

Anyway, theres loads more but i'll leave some on you thinking what you like. All i can say is i've jumped on the grenade to stop someone else getting blown up, even though that grenade wasnt thrown by the enemy...

To be fair I've driven on 4 studs outta 5 before in similar situations and I'm of the opinion that's more than enough clamping force to keep the wheel safe without overstressing any of the studs. My Dad's a mechanic of many years and is of the same opinion - draw from that what you will. Perhaps we're wrong!

Locking thread as requested.

Cheers,

Brian.