The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post-Japshow discussion thread

Homer

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it down there at 2pm, windy as hell, very impressed with the amount of supras at the stand;), even more impressed seeing a few on the strip, completely kicked some ass, nice women down there to:D, also got to santa pod and back on a full tank of petrol which was pretty good and i was booting it a couple of times[GRIN][/GRIN], soon as i got to cardiff i stuck in £15 of fuel then went home.

great day!!... we would like to say a big thank you to chris burford who helped us when we was stranded with a flat battery! cheers m8:d

No probs thats what the club should be about glad i got my bonnet closed again though lol. Also a big thank you to lui once again for organizing a good meet and convoy.

Chris

Should have taken a picture of the Knight Racer girls, didn't think bout it at the time cos kept copping an eyeful of them everytime you turned around!

Thanks to Lui and Co for organising everything! Some nice looking Supras (though i wanted to see Lui's freshly built tt run down the strip not on the Show and Shine! ;)) Good to see some old and new faces, Homer, Neil, Goldigga, Chris, Whiffin & Co, to name a few.

Had one hell of a lengthy conversation bout the motor trade with Movistar aka Adrian was it?

I have to put my hands up for being an early leaver,

was far too knackered to even go on the day really, but as Lui sorted out stand pass and didn't wanna waste it so thought i'd show my face.

After a long week with v.little sleep and then getting up for JapShow after 4hrs sleep i was feeling the strain bout 1pm so I left, sounds like i was lucky i went the scenic A1(M) route home and avoided diversion, though was soooo tired behind the wheel had to stop in a petrol station and have a power nap and a RedBull before carrying on! :shock:

Oh and I've got to mention...

The Knight racer girls :love:

Yeah, right... "Hi Linda can I :drool: make some ehm :drool: pictures of your .... engine?" :innocent: :D

Was a great day, my face is dark red, i did put tons of after sun lotion and it still hurts. Will merge few pics for panorama later on, done few movies with this crazy stuntman too. I was dissapointed with Envy's Gemma girl tho, she couldn't put more layers of cloths and bigger shades... :(

Yep, great day out, managed to get my car on the strip about 4.30 and had some good burn ups with Steve L. I've forgotten the fun factor with drag racing, once you have a go you want to do more and more! Steve's best was a 12.2 @ 121mph I think and mine was a 12 @ 129mph, both running low boost and a race track suspension and tyre setup so not to bad. I tried mine on high boost with the traction control off and it spun up through 3rd and 4th so backed off, think it would have been a mid 11. Anyway excellent day out, my forehead and nose are thinking otherwise though!

great day!!... we would like to say a big thank you to chris burford who helped us when we was stranded with a flat battery! cheers m8:d

Ahh, so that was you, I was the lad with the sunglasses trying to stop your bonnet from blowing off ;)

p.s. very nice supra aswell

Had a cracking day :D Some real monsters on track and some beauties on the stands - the metal sort, I mean!! :p Remind me to take some gaffer tape to hold jaws from hitting the floor on seeing the KR girls :D twas funny, like flies to hunny!

What made it special was the other club members :grouphug: Great to catch up and spend time with some great peeps and put new names to faces as well - too many to mention :friends: Super turnout too. Unfortunately both camera and suntan lotion carried around but not used....:rolleyes: doh....could of been as I was too busy talking though :D

New Envy project looked the dogs and that turbo...:drool: gutted I missed the V8 block in that supra :( but that skyline in the pro-class doing 8.6(?!) with terminal speed of 166mph :faint: then there was the drifting :ecstatic::respekt:

Brilliant, didn't want to leave. Thanks for organising the tickets and passes Lui :ok:

Linda

xx