Nurburgring Trip 2008! 24th-> 29th July

SteveR

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O man this would be an awesome bday week for me being that my 21st is on the 25th! Gutted I probly won't be able to go unless I can get a sup quicktime! :(

Possibly not the best idea unless your one of the few 21 yr olds that can actually drive, the ring will bite your ass if you go to fast and if you go too slow.

Dont wish to sound condecending but what have you driven car wise ?

PM sent to those going, regarding the accommodation bookings & deposits. Cheers!

Sorry to anyone else who'd like to join in, buy it's a headache sorting out accommodation (it's a busy weekend at the GP circuit (DTM race) which makes things tricky) so unless you ask VERY nicely, very soon, I'm afraid the trip is now 'closed' to newcomers (see message edited into post 1 yesterday). :(

You can always stick your name down as a 'reserve' in case someone drops out. :)

Well with our work contract with alamo and guy salmon ive driven the big boys toys. m6, m5, few of the big mercs and audis, s8, rs4 etc but thats just droppin off and pickin up for work. Outside of work ive driven an exige at silverstone, couple of bpu supras, an rx7 and a 240sx s13. i know cause im young ud expect me to be a looney but i think im a gd, confident and safe driver.

Well with our work contract with alamo and guy salmon ive driven the big boys toys. m6, m5, few of the big mercs and audis, s8, rs4 etc but thats just droppin off and pickin up for work. Outside of work ive driven an exige at silverstone, couple of bpu supras, an rx7 and a 240sx s13. i know cause im young ud expect me to be a looney but i think im a gd, confident and safe driver.

Give me a shout quick then if you want to come :p

I was just concerned if youd no experiance with powerful cars as the ring isnt the place to be learning. Sounds like youve got enough :D but be cautious at the ring as its very hard to memorise where your going unlike silverstone :)

I was just concerned if youd no experiance with powerful cars as the ring isnt the place to be learning. Sounds like youve got enough :D but be cautious at the ring as its very hard to memorise where your going unlike silverstone :)

GT4 everyday 2 months solid before heading out, does it with eyes shut,:D

Darren and Robbie! :twak:

I've just checked who's paid and who's not:

[b]Name              Paid       Date          Balance Outstanding[color="Red"]*[/color] [size="1"](due by 24th May)[/size][/b]
SteveR+1          £120       5th March     £120
SEVENMAN+1        £120       5th March     £120
jaymdee+1         £120       5th March     £120
ShamelessTT+1     £120       5th March     £120
Henk              £60        13th March    £60
Joe+1             £120       15th March    £120
Bignum+1          £120       15th March    £120
Andy              £120       15th March    -paid in full-
James             £60        15th March    £60
D-Bone
Robbie

* = depending on exchange rates in July, a top-up/refund may be required. Expect to top it up, the £:Euro rate is getting worse :(

• 2 weeks later...

ok I gave my new car a clean today, so it's now 100% ready to go, apart from:

• service
  • fix gearbox leak
  • new rear tyres
  • get front number plate
  • replace driver's-side rear light cluster
  • sort out the chassis geometry
  • reduce exhaust noise significantly so I don't get banned (new exhaust/sections?)
  • get exhaust support made & fitted
  • fix non-working gauges
  • new brake pads?
  • regas air con!

:D

How's everyone else doing? Looking forward to the trip?