Nurburgring Trip 2008! 24th-> 29th July

SteveR

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, this trip is still (provisionally) July; the dates I selected are one of a few clumps that maximise track availabilty to the public. I will know 100% for sure if we're going for 24-29 July by the end of next week and will post up as soon as I know.

jaymdee, I'll add you to the list and send you a PM.

Steve,

looks like we are going:-

OUT Fri 9th May. BF Goodrich circuit event on the Nordschliefe on the Saturday. Circuit open all day Sunday and Monday, eve Tuesday. BACK Wed 14th May. 2 days + 1 eve circuit, 5 nights, 175 Euros each.

Steve,

looks like we are going:-

OUT Fri 9th May. BF Goodrich circuit event on the Nordschliefe on the Saturday. Circuit open all day Sunday and Monday, eve Tuesday. BACK Wed 14th May. 2 days + 1 eve circuit, 5 nights, 175 Euros each.

Interesting selection of dates!

The BF Goodrich thing sounds ok - an endurance evet all held on 1 day?? I found this overview on wikipedia.

The dates I've picked maximise track availability - to us. ;)

I've said it once, I'll say it again. I'm only an hour twenty North of the Ring. If you're planning trips other than this big one that Steve is handling, please drop me a PM.

Chief, sooner of later I AM going to do a little tour of some decent driving roads in Europe - you up for it? I was thinking of starting at the Ring then heading Alp-wards...

Step 1 is find a new Supra of course. lol.

Chief, sooner of later I AM going to do a little tour of some decent driving roads in Europe - you up for it? I was thinking of starting at the Ring then heading Alp-wards...

I'D be up for that too. :D

Can i book a place as this sounds like my kind of rd trip ? Stelvio Pass etc etc ?

Can i book a place as this sounds like my kind of rd trip ? Stelvio Pass etc etc ?

lol, sure! That and similar passes are certainly on my mental list. Evo have recommended few roads I'd like to try. TBH before anyone gets their hopes up, I doubt I'll have the funds to commit to it this year - but I'd certainly hope to do it next year. Someone did start off a discussion about doing it this year but it went quiet.... here you go.

lol, sure! That and similar passes are certainly on my mental list. Evo have recommended few roads I'd like to try. TBH before anyone gets their hopes up, I doubt I'll have the funds to commit to it this year - but I'd certainly hope to do it next year. Someone did start off a discussion about doing it this year but it went quiet.... here you go.

Thanks for the link, i'd not spotted that :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Bottoms!

Just had an email back from the B&Bs saying "you do know it's DTM that weekend, don't you?" I'll see if we can still get places, if not we might have to shift weekends...

I'll report back over the weekend, hopefully, with my findings.

It's my duty to tell you that this will by my last year living in Germany, at least for awhile. My tour is up in August, so lets do this!

• 3 weeks later...
It's my duty to tell you that this will by my last year living in Germany, at least for awhile. My tour is up in August, so lets do this!

I don't think I'll be ablwe to afford a new Supra, a decent 'Ring trip and a tour of Europe!! We'll see. :) Where are you heading next Mike?? :(

Bottoms!

Just had an email back from the B&Bs saying "you do know it's DTM that weekend, don't you?" I'll see if we can still get places, if not we might have to shift weekends...

I'll report back over the weekend, hopefully, with my findings.

^^ was disheartened back then ^^ but now I'm 100% back on it.

Expect news soon, I'm working hard again! :thumbs:

Can't get this trip out of my head since we chatted Sunday Ste :banghead:

I didn't think you were a driver mate :p

Mmmmm.... ticket into machine, barrier goes up, filter out through the cones onto an empty straight then open her up for 3/4 of a mile before you even need to THINK about braking. :ecstatic:

Then there are the easy (albeit rare) bits of the track you don't need to learn because you can see through the complex you're about to enter.... and after a few laps more and more of the track comes together in your head and you begin the long, never-ending journey that is mastering the place, gaining more and more pride in the awesome line you're cutting through the beautiful mountainous countryside and the world's most fearsome and inspiring circuit.... and rewarding your achievement each evening with beer, steak and talks with good mates about how incredible a place it is. :thumbs:

Yeah it's basically rubbish. ;)