Nurburgring Trip 2008! 24th-> 29th July

SteveR

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mini update: yesterday I sent a couple of emails to some accomodation I know about, but so far had no luck. In defiance of the odds, I've sent a larger batch of emails to a fair few guesthouses/etc, so we'll see what replies land in my inbox tomorrow.... it's all a matter of perseverance!

Accomodation sourced - PM sent to those interested - get on board now if you're not already! :thumbs:

Hi Steve, is this just a trip to the ring or will it be going further, sorry if i missed it in the info in the thread.

cheers

Hi Steve, is this just a trip to the ring or will it be going further, sorry if i missed it in the info in the thread.

cheers

Just to the 'Ring mate - next year I'll probably sort a European road trip of some description. :)

The Ring is awesome, you should come :)

Gents, it brings me great sadness to have to inform you that I cannot make the end of July dates. I have to go to Las Vegas. Yes, I have to go. Large exercise that I can't get out of. I will be making several trips this year though and hope that we can get together in April/May/June/August before I leave end of August/beginning of September to go back to the U.S.

Just to the 'Ring mate - next year I'll probably sort a European road trip of some description. :)

The Ring is awesome, you should come :)

I've been to the ring several times already and as awesome as it is i really want to do a rd trip with a day at the ring then move on.

Im not sure i want to spend 4 days there to be honest.

I've been to the ring several times already and as awesome as it is i really want to do a rd trip with a day at the ring then move on.

Im not sure i want to spend 4 days there to be honest.

Fair play. I think next year I'll go for a bit of an adventure round Europe. I'd love to pretend I can afford to do both this year, but not a chance. :(

Mike I can't make it either but will have to go this year at some point

Let me know when. April, May, June, and first 2 weeks of July are good!

I know, poor effort - Vegas Vs the Ring... no question where I'd pick! ;)

Believe me Steve, I'd rather be at the Ring with you lot. This exercise is brutal and I'll be working 10-16 hour days with only a weekend to unwind, have some fun, and try to recharge before week two starts. I'll be sure to pull a few slots and drink a few free cocktails for you though.

It wont be the same without you mike, for 1 we`ll struggle to order food at meal times and 2 nobody to laugh at taking a p$ss in the field on the way back from the pub,:D

:D I'm sure you'll get on fine. Just use the pointy clicky method and motion your hand up and down in a tilting motion when you order a beer. If all else fails, remember the phrase, "Beer oond Schnitzel bittah". When you guys get closer to the date, I'll give you the crash course in a day. As for pissing in the field. Don't worry, somebody else will do it.

Fair play. I think next year I'll go for a bit of an adventure round Europe. I'd love to pretend I can afford to do both this year, but not a chance. :(

Same as me, i'd love to do the ring and a rd trip but the cost is too much to do both properly hence i fancy a day at the ring then move on to say Stelvio then drive further down Italy to Modena cutting across to say Monaco then back up the Route Napoleon through the Verdon Gorge !! oh and the Milau Bridge :) eating and drinking fine food and wine all the way !!

We need a lottery win :D