SteveR

ok I gave my new car a clean today, so it's now 100% ready to go, apart from:

• service
  • fix gearbox leak
  • new rear tyres
  • get front number plate
  • replace driver's-side rear light cluster
  • sort out the chassis geometry
  • reduce exhaust noise significantly so I don't get banned (new exhaust/sections?)
  • get exhaust support made & fitted
  • fix non-working gauges
  • new brake pads?

:D

How's everyone else doing? Looking forward to the trip?

Lol Not much then Ste! :blink: What pads are you going to go for?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...quiten exhaust ...

Any more thoughts on that mate?

I want to get mine done before I go for geometry setup, as it'll affect the weight & distribution (ok, only slightly, but I'm a perfectionist and why would I do it the other way round when I have the choice !)

Any more thoughts on that mate?

I want to get mine done before I go for geometry setup, as it'll affect the weight & distribution (ok, only slightly, but I'm a perfectionist and why would I do it the other way round when I have the choice !)

Probably a mid box and screamer pipe diverted back into zorst, the box will be very near the centre of the car and not weigh much, its going to be about a month before i get mine done matey.

Probably a mid box and screamer pipe diverted back into zorst, the box will be very near the centre of the car and not weigh much, its going to be about a month before i get mine done matey.

Where/who does 'em? How confident are you that we'll get down below 95dB?

If mine's ready (serviced & gearbox leak sorted) first do you mind if I get it done sooner before you if possible? Wouldn't mind one of your handy gearbox-mounted exhuast support brackets too if that's not too cheeky? :innocent: lol

EDIT - what was the camera & recorder you recommend I buy (for the Supe) mate? I've forgot :(

Steve has everyone paid?

Dunno, I lost my PIN reminder for the account people have paid into. :blink:

Are you extremely, extremely enthusiastic (& more importantly - realistic) about coming along? I might be able to squeeze one more in - PM me :)

Where/who does 'em? How confident are you that we'll get down below 95dB?

If mine's ready (serviced & gearbox leak sorted) first do you mind if I get it done sooner before you if possible? Wouldn't mind one of your handy gearbox-mounted exhuast support brackets too if that's not too cheeky? :innocent: lol

EDIT - what was the camera & recorder you recommend I buy (for the Supe) mate? I've forgot :(

Wez had his done by haywood & scott, pretty sure his is 95 or less,

I can do you an exhaust bracket but you`d probably have to come up to me as jay is my welder and all the gear is here, can you check if youve still got the original bracket on there as ive bolted mine to that ,if not i`ll have to use a larger piece of angle steel.

I can supply a camera, the recorder can be had of ebay, theres various ones called mustek i think, around £100 then you`ll need a dc converter and a few leads which i can supply,

leave it with me buddy.

Wez had his done by haywood & scott, pretty sure his is 95 or less,

I can do you an exhaust bracket but you`d probably have to come up to me as jay is my welder and all the gear is here, can you check if youve still got the original bracket on there as ive bolted mine to that ,if not i`ll have to use a larger piece of angle steel.

I can supply a camera, the recorder can be had of ebay, theres various ones called mustek i think, around £100 then you`ll need a dc converter and a few leads which i can supply,

leave it with me buddy.

Cool, cheers mate :thumbs:

hi guys

talking of cameras i've just seen on the northloop forum that george (kermit)was banned for a weekend at the ring for posting up a video of one of his laps

Gutted! Kermit is a member on here - I'll PM him for ths full story. I guess it's difficult to deny who's very fast lime green & black Supra is featured in website videos doing 7:54 laps. :(

Obviously any cameras any of us are thinking about fitting won't be in the cars when we go to the 'Ring. I was talking more generally...

:taped:

Hi Steve, yea that was me being far two complacent with the whole thing, Heres the link

Sorry the link belows appears not to work it might be because you have to be a member to log on to the forum I will find out (Yes its members only)

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index.php?act=Track&f=1&t=9200

What worries some is that this is a first ban of this type that means its moving to a new level because this ban was for posting a video,

on saying that the car stands out like a sore thumb and all the Marshall's know the car so it wasn't rocket science for them to identify the car that took the video.

It could have been a lot worse I buy a JK each year they could have taken that away so no more videos from the Kermit, anyone got any black paint

Hi George. Wow. :(

It is worrying that they would ban you for posting videos up. I guess by the 'spirit' of the rules, videoing is banned and if you've posted a video you must have been videoing, so although they didn't spot you in the act, they've punished you anyway. :(

As you say, at least you kept your annual ticket!

Will you be out there when we go in July?

(BTW the link does require a login)

Just read through the Northloop link.

Everything I've read recently indicates a tougher policy regarding 'Ring' use. Noise, TUV, price etc etc. Bound to happen though given the huge numbers using the Ring these days. They can afford to be fussy now and still make a good profit.

Has anyone been caught just having the camera mounted in/on the car? Would be interested to know what punishment the Marshals would issue then.

Extra care required me thinks as its a long way to go just to park in a carpark.....

This was totally my fault as there is a site with the photo of the car with the title see the video, well what can you expect thats taking the mickey really, I was far two complacent and got what I deserved,

I think not to get paranoid over this it was just a one off, nothing much has changed, in the past if you were stoped at the barrier with a camera you were told to remove it,

I not sure now, there has been enough publicity on the subject it just might be an automatic ban for the day so be very careful but there is still 4 ring videos a day being posted on youtube so what does that tell you

I will be there in July see you there

the exhaust is very quiet just 93bds at 4500 revs so fine with noise, always a bit concerned with driveby though due to waistgate noise, but have had no problems at the ring so far.

They are enforcing exhaust noise quite severely I had 3 marshals stand behind my car last Saturday all listening to me pulling away from the barrier, If it sounds anywhere near close to the limit of 98dbs they will noise test you and its a long way to go to be turned away at the barrier

when I acquired the car it had a Blitz system at 104 bds totally useless for me as its only used for track work, so spent a lot of money to replace the system to make it Quiet also to reshape and raise it up as the car was set low and the Blitz was touching the ground at the depression, especially at the ring so all is good now

the exhaust is very quiet just 93bds at 4500 revs so fine with noise, always a bit concerned with driveby though due to waistgate noise, but have had no problems at the ring so far.

They are enforcing exhaust noise quite severely I had 3 marshals stand behind my car last Saturday all listening to me pulling away from the barrier, If it sounds anywhere near close to the limit of 98dbs they will noise test you and its a long way to go to be turned away at the barrier

when I acquired the car it had a Blitz system at 104 bds totally useless for me as its only used for track work, so spent a lot of money to replace the system to make it Quiet also to reshape and raise it up as the car was set low and the Blitz was touching the ground at the depression, especially at the ring so all is good now

I am going through similar works myself - exhuast and adjusting the suspension - I bought a new (single turbo) Supe :)

Si is goping single, too. We're planning on getting the wastegate plumbed back into the exahust to keep the drive-by noise levels down, too.

Hi. Steve.

Sorry for any delays with money, it'll be done tonight!

Re: exhaust...All I can say is I wish I'd done it earlier. Even with the same exhaust back box as before the result is huge. Ive got to get it tested soon but driving/ overtaking is now done without the ear splitting scream and even std driving/ motorway cruising is quite reasonable:)

Simon. What setup/single are you installing?

#I still havn't got the proper built engine back in yet But all the parts have been collected. I'm currently having direct port meth. 51water/49meth mix inj. being installed to give me a few more hp and run a degrees cooler. The std cams are strangling the cars performance :rolleyes:, and the heavy wheels ruining the suspension setup I think:blink:. I'm going to soften up the anti roll settings on the front and drop it a notch on the suspension. also I might increase the camber by 1.5 degrees, Although I'm not really all sure what the combined results will be.

Anyone got any 17"/ 18 " lightweight wheels for sale:) and a set of 264 cams???

Glad you found a good Supe Steve, shame to reroute through the exhaust co's they do sound nice on full boost, and apparently I'v been told it Will restrict a bit of BHP. There are only 2 tracks that I visit where it trips the drivby meters and thats Donington & Goodwood so I had a small muffler made that fits to the end of the down pipe and shaped to be strapped to the exhaust pipe take just seconds to fit but just muffles the the noise enough to get on track.

Has Bignum still got his camera hidden in the spoiler. a couple of weeks ago the marshalls got wind of a car with a bullet cam in the front spoiler pulled him over and found it behind the mesh they made him take it off was not banned though but it was close, depends on the marshall that finds it and what mood he's in I think

Hi rob, i picked up a phr stage 2+ kit at the right price, gone with aem to run it with 800 injectors/hks rail, just looking forward to getting it running properly now, how are you getting used to using a gear stick?

Anyone got any 17"/ 18 " lightweight wheels for sale:)

Rob - I've got some scruffy stock 17"s in the garage if they're of interest? All of them need new tyres though.

I had a small muffler made that fits to the end of the down pipe and shaped to be strapped to the exhaust pipe take just seconds to fit but just muffles the the noise enough to get on track.

Hmmm - that's quite interesting.... and :sly: Do you know what dB you reach on full chat, measured from the trackside?

Has Bignum still got his camera hidden in the spoiler. a couple of weeks ago the marshalls got wind of a car with a bullet cam in the front spoiler pulled him over and found it behind the mesh they made him take it off was not banned though but it was close, depends on the marshall that finds it and what mood he's in I think

Si (Bignum) hasn't got any hidden cameras George. :innocent:

Hi rob, i picked up a phr stage 2+ kit at the right price, gone with aem to run it with 800 injectors/hks rail, just looking forward to getting it running properly now, how are you getting used to using a gear stick?

Simon

Awsome kit that.:) I'd imagine You'll want the 264 cams to get the best out of it and maybe another fuel pump and if you ever want to run much above 1.4 bar:d .

With regard to the screamer pipe t67 ish setup with a 3" inch exhaust you'll not notice any power loss. You might at 2bar boost:eyebrows:

I have to say I really like the manual . The std cams mean good low down torque but maybe up 50 hp less at 1.4 bar I was bored of the high stall Bl box setup but it did get the car up 100 nice and fast:d. cruising at 2400 rpms in 6th 80+ leptons is a novelty to me! Improved fuel consumption too. And its quiet:d

Ive transfered one of the tranny coolers to the power steering and the oil cooler is now on its own. Ive also put a special gasket between the inlet plenum and the head to reduce heat transfer.

I think I'l try put r888's on the front 245's.