The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring Trip 2008! 24th-> 29th July

SteveR

Wow! Cool pics of me! :D :D :D

You were already welcome to join us but now you've shown me pictures then I practically insist you come! lol

Hehe, I'll do what I can. I'm on holiday with the girlfriend that week in the southern Denmark, so I can probably convince her that its a good idea to take a small detour. Did it last year, so why not again. We'll be comming from Hamburg -Hannover -Dortmund - Köln, so will probably not see you guys untill Da 'ring, but could be cool. I'll keep me updated from this thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks George :)

The B&B folk we used last time (and hope to use again ths time) are away until next week, so I'll hopefully confirm accomodation plans soon after then. :thumbs:

Have you firmed up any of your trip dates yet? Still planning on going over 6 times?!? :D

Let me know if you want to stay with us in July.

Steve

heres a link to a thread on northloop one of the guys are arranging accommodation for large groups, it may be helpful if you struggle a bit for rooms. just click on his website for the telephone number if you need it,

regards George

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Northloop/index.php?showtopic=8119

Hi George. Nice to see that mad bad car again. :) Even if it is only in your avatar. :D

6 times...:blink:

Have you firmed up any of your trip dates yet? Still planning on going over 6 times

Yea will be over soon probably first trip in February, subject to weather looks OK at the moment,

kids grown up and gone, mortgage paid off, and no finance on the car, :pHeaven for a ring fanatic:d

Yea will be over soon probably first trip in February, subject to weather looks OK at the moment,

kids grown up and gone, mortgage paid off, and no finance on the car, :pHeaven for a ring fanatic:d

I'm not jealous :p

I haven't even got a Supra at the moment, lol. I'll still book the trip anyway, it'll help me focus on finding another :D

Why did you sell it? it will be difficult to replace a car like that

Because I want something closer to the spec of yours. :eyebrows:

I'd like a facelift RSP one, single turbo preferably, or eventually if I end up finding a nice TT which I'd then build up over a few months/years...

I did wonder if I was doing the right thing by selling, but I'm sure it'll work out eventually - hopefully before July!!

best of luck with your search Steve. The question is I would guess, is it better to by a basic tt manual and spec it up, or look around for one already done?

I was talking to Leon at JPS motorsport last week and he showed me one he had just converted from a twin to a single stage 2 hks turbo with a manual box at around 600bhp it really did look the business, also installed race logic traction control and one or two other minor things, I nearly fell through the floor when he said the bill will be around 25k.

Now I know it can be done cheaper than that, but i asked how much could he sell it for, the answer was max around 15/16k if he is lucky.

so I guess on that reasoning it would appear cheaper to buy one already done and let someone else bear the cost, unless you have the ability to do it yourself and that would count me out.

Anyway look forward to seeing you all there in July, and regarding accommodation don't worry about me, but it would be nice to have a beer and a meal with you in the evening if thats OK.

Anyway look forward to seeing you all there in July, and regarding accommodation don't worry about me, but it would be nice to have a beer and a meal with you in the evening if thats OK.

Of course it is George - you're more than welcome to join us whenever you like :)

best of luck with your search Steve. The question is I would guess, is it better to by a basic tt manual and spec it up, or look around for one already done?

I was talking to Leon at JPS motorsport last week and he showed me one he had just converted from a twin to a single stage 2 hks turbo with a manual box at around 600bhp it really did look the business, also installed race logic traction control and one or two other minor things, I nearly fell through the floor when he said the bill will be around 25k.

Now I know it can be done cheaper than that, but i asked how much could he sell it for, the answer was max around 15/16k if he is lucky.

so I guess on that reasoning it would appear cheaper to buy one already done and let someone else bear the cost, unless you have the ability to do it yourself and that would count me out.

If I can find a completed 6-gear single (i.e. fully built) that I like, I'd prefer to go down that route purely on a costs basis. However, if a mint TT6 comes along whilst I'm searching for my dream car, I'll get that and save/work towards making it a single over an extended period.

The figures you state are what I'd got in the back of my mind TBH - I've read many times that building a decent single isn't cheap. Don't suppose you're selling are you, lol.

Update - just so people know....

I'll be updating the rest of the FAQ etc I did last year & sticking it at the start of this thread during this week/weekend. I made a start yesterday; I am slowly but surely checking on what's changed and what's not, which is why I'm not just doing a straight copy from last year's info.

...then I will be in touch with those on the list during this weekend (or before if I can but work is hectic at the moment so no promises) - regarding room requirements, B&B/hotel preferences etc and what the next steps are once accomodation is confirmed;

I emailed the B&Bs a week or so ago asking if they can accomodate us for the dates we want, and expect a reply in ~10 days as the owner/organiser is currently on holiday until the weekend.

Cheers all!

Steve

Just noise tested my car using the meter at 1m and 45 degrees test position and got the following:

No baffle:

tickover 89dB 4k rpm 105dB

With baffle:

tickover 77dB 4k rpm 98dB

So it looks like i'm now unlikly to be able to go if they are being as strict with the noise limits as they say. If they are being flexible with the noise limits, i'm still up for this, but i cant see the point of going and cruising round on half throttle at the moment:cry:

Just noise tested my car using the meter at 1m and 45 degrees test position and got the following:

No baffle:

tickover 89dB 4k rpm 105dB

With baffle:

tickover 77dB 4k rpm 98dB

So it looks like i'm now unlikly to be able to go if they are being as strict with the noise limits as they say. If they are being flexible with the noise limits, i'm still up for this, but i cant see the point of going and cruising round on half throttle at the moment:cry:

Hmmm.

Also, I think they test at 2/3rd redline. :(

Nothing you can swap-on in place Rich?? Someone somewhere must have a stock exhaust going cheap.

Bignum - how loud is yours? (Si's is loud but he passed the noise test last year).

A couple of bits of advice for anybody going to the 'Ring. First of all, in Belgium they can confiscate your car for speeding... 180km/h and over (and you might not get it back!).

Secondly AFAIK video cameras are banned at the 'Ring.

Finally if you go quickly (and I'm not talking 'Ring taxi pace) your brakes will overheat. I had the problem with mine that the pads stood up to it (race spec pads etc.) but the rear discs cracked - in less than five laps and I wasn't pushing at all hard.

Enjoy it guys - if it's your first time, it'll blow you away!

George, you do know I'm an hour twenty North of the ring right? Please do drop me a PM before you go.

Mike

For those of you worried about sound testing, I'll make a trip or two down there in March/April with no cats in and see what happens.

Good lad, I never thought of that. Do you nkow how loud your exhaust is Mike? (measured 1m away at 45degrees)

...OMG imagine 5 500+bhp Supras lapping together;

George, Bignum (going single as i type), Ian R, you & me.

What a sight that would be. :D

. .

Yeah, til they whipped out the noise probe.... but yeah man, that would be incredible. I hope Bignum gets his done in time, and can't wait to catch a ride with whoever in a single. George's green monster is just that, a monster.