SteveR

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great report Steve' date=' thanks for taking the time.[/quote']

Cheers. :) I was dreading writing it but I'm pretty happy with the result and it's always nice to have something to look back on. Plus with my ongoing issues and I can't lap gloomy face, although I tried not to be I certainly felt like a burden to everyone on the trip so I had to put my thanks up in writing! :thumbs: We had a great group of people on the trip, and they make it worthwhile as much as the track. I'm only sorry I couldn't fulfil my promises of going out with people as passengers/taking people out in my car as much as I'd hope too.

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime.
Nah' date=' we did it last year too :D ;)

I just watched Simon and his brother chasing the ring taxi! Great stuff. Reading Steve's report and watching that... all I can say is I'm really regretting not going:( Oh well.

I'm really glad everyone made it back ok though considering how new all the kit going out was, new cars, single turbos suspension setups etc etc.:)

I just watched Simon and his brother chasing the ring taxi! Great stuff. Reading Steve's report and watching that... all I can say is I'm really regretting not going:( Oh well.

I'm really glad everyone made it back ok though considering how new all the kit going out was, new cars, single turbos suspension setups etc etc.:)

We kept our eyes open for you turning up out of the blue whilst we waited to board mate - only admitting that you really weren't coming after we'd set sail. :( Did you get to TOTB instead?

We kept our eyes open for you turning up out of the blue whilst we waited to board mate - only admitting that you really weren't coming after we'd set sail. :( Did you get to TOTB instead?

TOTB was a no no for me too. I'd hoped to get a couple of days away but to no avail.

#

Have you sorted out the fuel pressure issue yet?

TOTB was a no no for me too. I'd hoped to get a couple of days away but to no avail.

Shame :( I did look for you in the TOTB pics posted on here but thought it was odd you weren't showing up in any.

Have you sorted out the fuel pressure issue yet?

Yeah I think that wasn't helping but isn't the main issue. I'll get the map checked again with Ryan, I think it's just a slight lean spot at certain revs and certain throttle, I can't think what else it could be. I've got some crunchy noise still to track down & resolve, that's my main current issue...

simon... you have shrunk.. you look like an infant clutching a pint glass!

That beer has "trouble" written all over it!!!

glad you all had a good trip.. I would like to do it one day, but it does put the fear of god in me!!

Guest Rolly
Gah! Reading my own trip report makes me want to go back. Dammit!!!

Do it in the weekend of the 14th of september. You go to the ring and on Sunday to our meeting in Venlo (ITF2008):eyebrows:

Do it in the weekend of the 14th of september. You go to the ring and on Sunday to our meeting in Venlo (ITF2008):eyebrows:

It's not going to happen mate, I'm too skint I'm afraid :( Sorry I didn't get to meet you last month.

Guest Rolly
It's not going to happen mate, I'm too skint I'm afraid :( Sorry I didn't get to meet you last month.

Then forget the Nürburgring and we do the rest.:cool:

If anybody wants access to all our pics, then they are in our Flickr album, organised by a set for each day.

Select a day, select a picture, then if you want a high-res version, click on the "all sizes" option, and you have a range of options up to full 10MP.

Flickr collection for Ring trip.

It also contains sets for stuff we did in France after we left the Ring.

Found some very long boring videos, filmed when we were there - watched them all the way through and spotted Joe in the Yaris quite a lot of times I think, and me once, briefly.

I think but I'm not 100% that Joe is featured at 1:24, 3:33 and 5:36, but I might be wrong

vgG95UfY_xg

And in this video I think Joe shows up again at 5:23 (or is that a Civic??), and I go past at 8:03.

FCJWQr7NF7E

In other news, I'm surprised that Brit in the baby blue Lambo blew his engine, as he's not going fast or revving high in any of these clips I spotted him. :search:

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...