The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't send mawby a message about Lifetime Membership...

SUPRA4EVA

I have been a Club member on here since late 2014 and since I was looking of a Supra to buy I had to buy Club Membership so I got a years worth and ended up a getting MKIV later in early 2015.

Again, I was looking for some parts to buy around late 2015/early 2016 so bought another year.

Wasn't using the forum much after but in early 2017 I needed something and was struggling with sending messages so I bought another Club Membership for another year...:blink:

I've been trying to contact a few folk to help me at least upgrade to Lifetime (as I paid it 3 times now and it say in the sticky to get in touch) but I can't even send a damn message, been having real problems contacting people on here this year...:(

You'll have to forgive me, I don't use this forum often so I don't know how everything works etc..

IIRC that's roughly how it went down, they must a have a more precise record.

If someone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't we just have a refresh of mods if the old guys are not around anymore? I'm not on here as much as I used to be as members contact me for work through email but I am happy to be on more if needed to help out with moderating and I am sure a lot of other people would be too

There are a few of the yellow mods hardly attending these days, soon it'll be anarchy. Seems the forum is en-route to its tumble weed finale but hopefully it'll stay open for the archive knowledge base if nothing else.

Yeah, Facebook kinda killed it.

I wonder if they are nicer versions of the forum software which work more like Social media etc...

Yeah, Facebook kinda killed it

Not sure I agree, I have no social media account and have no desire to ever get one. Whilst I accept I am in the minority I am sure I am not the only one.

Social media's strength is in its convenience and its weakness is its content transience. In comparison, I believe a forums strength is its persistent quality content and volume of visitors. This is made more than obvious by the the amount of technical questions, build threads et cetera. Trying to find a "thread" in one of the plethora of social media groups will be a nightmare because they control the order and visibility of the content. One day it will be there and the next you can't find it . So while social media is constantly hosing out new noise to keep its users attention, forums enjoy strong search engine results and a steady stream of new blood.

There aren't a glut of daily for sale threads because it's so much easier to post a picture and a price on social media via a phone. In my opinion people would also rather rip someone off via social media where they can delete a for sale advert rather than on an open forum where it can be seen for months and years to come and where there is very little protection or chance of a comeback.

You only have to look through the for sale threads on here to see the ridiculous prices some people are asking for old technology, secondhand and OEM parts. Also this new trend of labelling parts as "rare" is now being used as another way of increasing their value. This behaviour of Supra tax is accepted on social media, not so much on a forum.

You still get the idiots trying it on with pricing who manage to sell parts to members with more money than sense or members who are so desperate to own a "true" OEM part they will pay way over the odds but thankfully most of these rip off merchants have moved away from here now. Unfortunately they do rear their heads from time to time but mostly find out what a part is worth only to advertise it via social media for a lot more than the price given.

This forum isn't dead, far from it.

Facebook pages now has a search feature that actually works, finding stuff isnt a oroblem anymore, forums are dying which is a massive shame, this one it was always so busy, with constant project threads going on etc and the craic was top class to go with it, it wont take much for it to get back up towards its peak again

hopefully the management will install some fresh blood in the mod and event areas, try and perk it up again, obviously the old red guys are too busy these days to be online for a large portion of their day, so makes sense to add in a few more, not necessarily replace the old ones but add to

I don't think adding more mods will change anything, its a lack of traffic on here thats the issue

A range rover forum i use is virtually dead now due to several facebook pages taking over

Personally i prefer the forum to facebook but only when i'm sat at my pc, f/b wins hands down on a

phone or tablet imo

Not sure I agree, I have no social media account and have no desire to ever get one. Whilst I accept I am in the minority I am sure I am not the only one.

Social media's strength is in its convenience and its weakness is its content transience. In comparison, I believe a forums strength is its persistent quality content and volume of visitors. This is made more than obvious by the the amount of technical questions, build threads et cetera. Trying to find a "thread" in one of the plethora of social media groups will be a nightmare because they control the order and visibility of the content. One day it will be there and the next you can't find it . So while social media is constantly hosing out new noise to keep its users attention, forums enjoy strong search engine results and a steady stream of new blood.

There aren't a glut of daily for sale threads because it's so much easier to post a picture and a price on social media via a phone. In my opinion people would also rather rip someone off via social media where they can delete a for sale advert rather than on an open forum where it can be seen for months and years to come and where there is very little protection or chance of a comeback.

You only have to look through the for sale threads on here to see the ridiculous prices some people are asking for old technology, secondhand and OEM parts. Also this new trend of labelling parts as "rare" is now being used as another way of increasing their value. This behaviour of Supra tax is accepted on social media, not so much on a forum.

You still get the idiots trying it on with pricing who manage to sell parts to members with more money than sense or members who are so desperate to own a "true" OEM part they will pay way over the odds but thankfully most of these rip off merchants have moved away from here now. Unfortunately they do rear their heads from time to time but mostly find out what a part is worth only to advertise it via social media for a lot more than the price given.

Same - dont have any social media accs, unless you count the forum :)

I didn't say it was a good thing, or that other social media was better in all respects, but I do think that is what has happened. Accessing this forum via your phone is horrible, whereas Facebook for example, is perfect and has so many more features. Booting up a computer and sitting in front of it just for forum access is never going to be as popular.

I want the forum to stay, and be like it was 10 years ago.

I didn't say it was a good thing, or that other social media was better in all respects, but I do think that is what has happened.

I know you didn't, that is my personal observation as to why the forum is better for me than social media and also why I think certain people will prefer to use social media over the forum :)

I understand why people choose social media, it's ease of access and use has to be a massive bonus. It's just not for me and never will be, I am happy to stay with the old ways. As others have said the forum does need more of a mod presence and injecting with something to freshen it up.

Maybe a few new traders/hobbyists to are needed to compliment our current ones? Traders/hobbyists memberships aren't being renewed, they are just becoming "club members" and vanish into the ether so new members don't know what services are offered on here.

Why they don't have their own section on the forum between the classifieds and the authorised traders to make them all easier to find is beyond me.

The Club event organisers do an amazing job and as sad as it is to say, I think it is one of the only things now keeping this place alive :(