The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Thread Revival

I called over to see her last night. I've never been over since I started Johnnys car. I forgot how empty that engine bay really was. Battery was totally dead standing for 9 weeks. So I stuck it on charge cos it was coming home today.

On the way home I've done a little vid with the car in positive boost. It sounds awesome.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/Shineypics/389a685d.mp4

And finally here she is.

Welcome home baby, it's been TOOOOOO LONG.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks smashing mate, well done :)

Cheers Jay :)

One word : WOW ;)

Thanks bud.

And there she is home, with her car ;) lol

Just kidding mate. Sorry to have been squatting for so long!

It's not your fault mate. I must not have put enough hours in on your car to get it done quicker ;)

Work is starting on this straight away.

Today I'm removing the exhaust to have all new v-bands welded on,

Removing the oil filter housing to bolt the filter direct to the block with a Whiffbitz filter housing delete bolt and some lockable aerocatches are also going on.

coming along hodge

Cheers Joe, but it doesn't look that great now, I've got half the engine out lol.

Looking awesome, Hodge! Can't wait to see it in person.

Oh, and I'll be messaging you to pick your brains for ideas on my engine bay, once I've got the car in my hot little hands again. ;)

Anytime bud. That's what it's all about after all.

Well I've been a busy bee since I brought her home.

Removed the alternator ready for the new 200 amp jobbie, removed all the AUX pulleys to fit my new greddy pulleys.

Exhaust is off,

Aerocatches are fitted. I've done a how-to for fitting them I'll post it up in my thread tomorrow.

Cheers Joe, but it doesn't look that great now, I've got half the engine out lol.

Anytime bud. That's what it's all about after all.

anytime you need a hand hodge just give me a shout !

IM really good at watching and eating biscuits lol

Ok guys as promised here's a little how to on fitting aerocatches.

Firstly I masked the corners of the Bonnet off.

Then using the hole the bonnet stay hoes into (I have dampers fitted) I drilled a hole in the middle of it straight through.

Don't forget to remove the light 1st.

Next I fitted the pin and shut the bonnet on it and marked roughly where I thought it was. Using a 20mm wood drill I gently bored a hole through both layers of carbon and fiberglass.

Next I overextended the pin.

Luckly I was band on 1st time when I closed the bonnet over pin. I then laid the catch on top of the pin and positioned it in the angle I wanted it to sit.

I then closed the catch over the pin making sure it was tight to the bonnet.

I then drew around the bottom of the catch.

And using a 3mm wood drill I drilled around the inside of the catch outline I had just traced. Making sure I left s little material on to file to size.

Next I used the drill as a router and very gently joined the holes together until the centre piece fell out. DO NOT pull too hard as the fiberglass/carbonfibre will chip.

I lay the catch over the top of the hole and sure enough it was slight undersized. So I filed the hole out accordingly with a semi circle file. Using the flat edge for the straights and the curved edges for the radius.

The bottom odviously needed filing too.

Test fitted the catch.

The pin was then lowered and the bonnet shut to correctly size the pin up.

This is how much pin I had to cut off the bottom.

Tape removed.

Final test fit.

Finally.

I ran a bead of sikaflex around the bottom of the catch. I pushed the catch into place and locked it down. For cosmetic reasons I then pushed the supplied screws into the holes on the catches and them wiped the excess sikaflex off the bonnet and catch and left it to dry overnight.

Odviously I did the other catch and bonded them both and left overnight to dry.

This is the final result.

Quite a bit of work has gone on today too.

I've cut off all the flanges from my exhaust ready to have new ones welded on with some monster V-Bands.

Check these out.

I've removed the oil filter housing.

I've fitted a new oil temp sensor for the syvecs as I snapped the last 1 lol, don't ask.

I've dumped the oil and filter, fitted the filter housing delete bolt from Whiffbitz, and bolted up the thermostatically controlled oil cooler take off plate. Didn't get any pics of this cos I was covered in oil lol.

1 thing I did notice was the Toca engine assembly lub had turned my oil a very dirty red colour. The oil has only Been in for start up and say 20 miles or so and it was filthy.

My exhaust is now getting welded up as I type this so hopefully I'll get it refitted tomorrow afternoon when I get up.

Jesus wept. How quick?

Love that catch setup mate. It might be worth making that into a separate thread as a Tutorial for someone.

Feel free to take it and move it Johnny. After all it's what it's all about mate.

wow you dont do things by halfs hodge

Lol cheers Joe. I'm just waiting to get my new Greddy pulleys from Dave and I can get the engine all back together and fire her up hopefully without any exhaust leaks.

I need to remove the front bumper and clean it out too before I fire it up. It's full of PAS fluid off when we bled it off and when the fans kick in it's pulling it up and blowing it all over my engine.