Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuel system is now all primed and ready to go. Ryan is sending a map over for the injectors tonight so all being well I'll try and fire it up tomorrow. If all is well then great, if not, I'll leakdown test the engine and go from there.

Here's a few pics I took today.

1000cc precision thanks to Michel Lane.

Still some more clutter to be removed from here yet.

hope all is sorted mate, Do you run it with no filter or is that blue thing just for the pictures.

I've got a 5" pipe and filter to go on but it's untidy. I'll stick it on when the cars used for the road and swap it over for shows etc.

plus they scream out when the velocity stack is fitted

Spool up sounds a little quieter with the velocity stack on than a totally open turbo. But I've never had it under load with the filter on.

yeah they do sound nice. Having mine anodised at the moment, good luck tomorrow John

Thanks mate. I really am praying all goes well. If it still has the same issues then unfortunately it's going to be engine issues.

Hodge, somebody stole half the stuff from your engine bay!!! [GRIN][/GRIN]:p

Looking sweet, good luck..

There's more to come out yet believe it or not.

All the brakelines,

I'm moving the loom that goes through the bulkhead so it's out of sight,

Moving FPR out of sight,

And repainting the engine bay again cos my body shop guy sais the paintwork under the bonnet is rubbish lol.

There's more to come out yet believe it or not.

All the brakelines,

I'm moving the loom that goes through the bulkhead so it's out of sight,

Moving FPR out of sight,

And repainting the engine bay again cos my body shop guy sais the paintwork under the bonnet is rubbish lol.

'

Look forward to seeing the final result! (But if you're redoing the bay, smooth it as well?)

'

Look forward to seeing the final result! (But if you're redoing the bay, smooth it as well?)

It's smooth enough for me mate. It's only getting a couple of holes filled and it all flattened back and repainted.

Well guys she ran. Once I got it started there was no backfiring or missing on start up at all. It ran for a while then after a few things were changed it cut out. But we've moved forwards. I'm now 99% certain there's no Engine/mechanical issues.

For what was the cause of the problem, I've yet to find out. I'll be speaking to Ryan tomorrow and hopefully we'll get it running right. After that I'll investigate what actually went wrong. I'm pretty certain that the water temp wire was the issue, and not being helped by utter crap injectors.

Once it's running nice, I'll replace all the other parts 1 by 1 and see if any of them effect the car. And I'm sure Michel would like his parts back.

I'll work my way down the list and see what happens.

Igniter,

Wideband,

Crank sensor,

I'll keep you all posted with the results.