The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blackwidow Supra

imi

UPDATE:

Huge thanks to terminator for having a look at the DAT file of my RTLC a couple of weeks ago, he sent me a new one within a few days and all I can say is that RTLC is revolutionary in the wet.........IMO - a complete must for all TTs and Single Turbos - unless you are JamieP :)

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is "revolutionary" really that good a description of traction control Imi? ;)

ever since I went single, I dont think my traction control was working right, fairly convinced that it wasnt kicking in at all as the wheels would spin. now that I have tested the system in the pouring rain - I am really impressed - once again.....

It's good, but not infallible. ALWAYS assume it's broken and you won't get any nasty surprises :) I treat them as a final resort, if I screw up `twixt brain and right foot.

Good advice.

i can see it giving the driver a sense of confidence that could potentially be fatal.

• 3 months later...

Got a pair of Vresdestein's on the front and they seem well planted on the road (in the dry), seem harder than the eagle F1s.

Interesting thread pattern, looking forward to how they perform in the wet.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Perfect front with the active spoiler coloured. ;)

Thanks.

The blackwidow is back after a 2G makeover.....:

Fully Serviced with some nice ester based Silkolene

Toyota Fuel Filter

Lexus Oil Filter

NGK Spark Plugs (Iridium)

and now for the tasty bits

Brand new 3" Whifbitz Twin Box Exhaust (thanks Paul @ Whifbitz))

Brand new K&N Filter with pipe (thanks Paul)

Brand new Dual Mass Flywheel

Brand new Southbend Stage 3 Clutch.

Brand new Toyota Clutch Slave Cylinder

Brand new HID lights

Been driving my wifes A Class for the past couple of weeks - need to get used to the beast again.....but boy does it bring a smile back to my face :flame:

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Thanks.

The blackwidow is back after a 2G makeover.....:

Fully Serviced with some nice ester based Silkolene

Toyota Fuel Filter

Lexus Oil Filter

NGK Spark Plugs (Iridium)

and now for the tasty bits

Brand new 3" Whifbitz Twin Box Exhaust (thanks Paul @ Whifbitz))

Brand new K&N Filter with pipe (thanks Paul)

Brand new Dual Mass Flywheel

Brand new Southbend Stage 3 Clutch.

Brand new Toyota Clutch Slave Cylinder

Brand new HID lights

Been driving my wifes A Class for the past couple of weeks - need to get used to the beast again.....but boy does it bring a smile back to my face :flame:

Bet that feels different! :D

Has the wife had the pleasure of the black widow?

In Docklands? I could come meet you if you want?

You've got my number still?

Indeed - in Docklands.

PM me your number bud - i'll give you a call next weekend if you are around - would be nice to catch up - are those bluewater meets still happening - i havent been to a meet for years.

Indeed - in Docklands.

PM me your number bud - i'll give you a call next weekend if you are around - would be nice to catch up - are those bluewater meets still happening - i havent been to a meet for years.

PM sent, I should be around next weekend, would defo be nice to catch up!

The Bluewater Meets happen every first Friday of the month without fail! Would be lovely to see your beast there! We normally have about 15 or so Supra's turn up. If you want I could meet you here in Docklands then we could go through Blackwall Tunnel together :eyebrows:

PM sent, I should be around next weekend, would defo be nice to catch up!

The Bluewater Meets happen every first Friday of the month without fail! Would be lovely to see your beast there! We normally have about 15 or so Supra's turn up. If you want I could meet you here in Docklands then we could go through Blackwall Tunnel together :eyebrows:

You'll be around on Saturday...Sunday you'll be with me and 18 other people on the Southcoast Run :eyebrows:

Imi, You're more than welcome to come along :)

• 2 months later...

Got LeeP to work his magic on the car - details to follow soon, he did point out that the battery kept losing its charge after 2 days - as I drive my car everyday I hadn't noticed this issue.

Being a Halfords battery, got it checked by them, they agreed that it was in bad shape and needed to be replaced - the look on her face when I presented a 3 years and 11 months old receipt was priceless as the battery came with a 4 year warranty. :)

I now have a brand new halfords calcium battery with 1 months warranty.....:blink: