The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blackwidow Supra

imi

Bloody freezing - however had to get them on

:)

Looks great imi!

I planned on doing the same but was waiting on the weather as it has been freezing! I have speakers & SRD brackets waiting to go on to.

Any tips on applying dynamat? I have never done it before & just seen video's of it. Do you need to remove the protective plastic film? Then stick on using a roller to pull out any bubbles?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Abz, Sextons dyanmatted the doors so I personally am not in a position to offer any advice. I can tell you that it is pretty hard malleable stuff so don't expect it to be that difficult to apply.

I am very happy with the end result. The 17cm infinity's 2 ways have really come to life.

Sorry Abz, Sextons dyanmatted the doors so I personally am not in a position to offer any advice. I can tell you that it is pretty hard malleable stuff so don't expect it to be that difficult to apply.

I am very happy with the end result. The 17cm infinity's 2 ways have really come to life.

Ah, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? Feel free to PM me, I would prefer someone who knew what they were doing to do it. :)

Ah, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? Feel free to PM me, I would prefer someone who knew what they were doing to do it. :)

Hey Abz - I got Sextons to do that for me years ago so not sure how much it cost exactly however didn't break the bank and was well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

Need some advice.

Current Setup

Have my Oil Filter hooked onto a sandwich plate that has an Oil Temp and an Oil Pressure Probe tapped in.

New Setup

Would like to fit an Oil Cooler with a thermostatic plate. Seems like it is impossible to tap into the plate for the two probes and there is no space to have the two sandwich plates attached together (assuming that was even possible).

What is the best way forward?

imi

Hi All.

Need some advice.

Current Setup

Have my Oil Filter hooked onto a sandwich plate that has an Oil Temp and an Oil Pressure Probe tapped in.

New Setup

Would like to fit an Oil Cooler with a thermostatic plate. Seems like it is impossible to tap into the plate for the two probes and there is no space to have the two sandwich plates attached together (assuming that was even possible).

What is the best way forward?

imi

Hi mate,

You can have 2 sandwich plates, just need to use a shorter oil filter which we've doing for years with no problems.

The other way is to fit one of my oil filter housing removal studs which then allows you to bolt the sandwich plates straight on to the block with a standard length oil filter.

Ta

one of my oil filter housing removal studs which then allows you to bolt the sandwich plates straight on to the block with a standard length oil filter.

Ta

Would prefer to keep the stock oil filter and the stock oil cooler too (if possible).

With that in mind would I be able to squeeze in two sandwich plates (one thermostatic and the 2nd with the probes) and the stock oil filter (or is it too tight)?

imi

Would prefer to keep the stock oil filter and the stock oil cooler too (if possible).

With that in mind would I be able to squeeze in two sandwich plates (one thermostatic and the 2nd with the probes) and the stock oil filter (or is it too tight)?

imi

No it won't fit mate, well it will if you cut a hole in your chassis leg!

• 2 months later...
It does look like the start of corrosion just above the center cap on that picture. Assuming they're diamond cut, I don't think you can do anything to address it short of having the wheel face refurbed by someone like Ibrar of Speedwells.

Thats not good :(

anything I can do to protect the other wheels?

imi

• 3 months later...

Picked up the car from Lee Yesterday.

Good news - Engine gets the all clear from Mr P and so does the Turbo - used some fuel treatment and a few blasts which seems to have done the trick.

Oil Cooler fitted with thermostatic plate

LeeP's custom Airbox fitted

New Brake All Round

FULL SERVICE (all fluids)

Couple of bits still need to be addressed - will try and drive the car in the meantime in order to report back to Mr P.

Thanks again for being a professional and best of luck with the new garage expansion - will look stunning.

LeeP = can you PM me or post the results of the engine test.

imi

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Hey Abz - waiting on Lee to advise on whether he needs the car back this weekend, if not then I will try and make it to the event. Its been a while since I have been to one.

no worries Fitz - if its dry then we can go out for a spin (not literally I hope) :).

imi