Blackwidow Supra

imi

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does your WI system depend totally on boost pressure v jet size? sounds like you need a smaller jet, if you're running stand alone ECU i don't know why you didn't go fore a mappable system, for much more precise control, too much water will sap power.

The way it is plumbed in at the moment depends entirely on boost pressure & jet size although I do believe it can be wired into the AEM that I have.

Can you explain what you mean by precise control?

The way it is plumbed in at the moment depends entirely on boost pressure & jet size although I do believe it can be wired into the AEM that I have.

Can you explain what you mean by precise control?

Well put it this way, i have an Aquamist 2c system which includes a high speed valve, same as a fuel injector, and i can fully control this via my EMU, IE duty cycle can be adjusted to suite RPM and boost pressure, so it completely mappable to get just the right amount of water at the right time, i have a five litre container for water/meth mix and it will last me six months.

thought you werent supposed to map the car with WI switched on?

Who said i do;) but WI does help run things a little closer to optimum with the benefit of det suppression, should you over do things a little, but the main reason i mentioned it is because its very easy to loose out on power if you chuck in too much water, which it sounds like you're doing:)

yes you can as long as you have the right safe guards, whats the point of having it if you dont map it ;)

Although i have most the required fail safes (IE a way to cut boost, retard timing and chuck in some extra fuel AUTOMATICALLY!, should det be detected if the water water runs out) to map fully for water injection.

I certainly wouldn't do so on a road car, as squeezing the last 15-20BHP out of the engine is not worth the risk;)

However it is still worth using simply for the charge cooling, in cylinder cooling/det suppression, like i said as long as its not over done;)

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
nice curve on the graph :thumbs:

Before I went single I was always concerned about the driveability of the car as a street car and it's reliability. Thx to the advice on this forum, the suppliers, Pheonix and Ryan, the car has superseded my expectations.

• 4 weeks later...
Jamie - I've got a CW SMIC.

Update on WI - i've fitted the smallest jet and refilled the tank with a 30% meth solution. Will see how it goes.

Fine tuned the WI settings and now its all fine. only comes on at 1 bar boost and full whack at 1.4 bar.

• 2 weeks later...
Got my car weighed (end of feb) @ snetterton and with a tank full of optimax it was 1561Kg.

Trust this is in line with others as I haven't taken any significant measures to lighten the car nor do I wish to.

Sounds right mate, mine was lighter, but had quite a few things removed, very few gauges and other funky stuff fitted :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just dropped it off at whifbitz today, what a bitch to dig it out of the snow to get it into whifbitz....(paul - thanks for all your help, not :D; thanks for your gloves anyway )

Getting all the fluids changed as part of the service (all fluids other than brake fluid - done recently) and other bits and pieces like the water pump leak (possibly seal),

clutch line,

gearbox bushes

handbrake adjustment

and time permitted Paul / Darren to build me a nice sealed airbox.

Looking forward to getting it back on Tuesday - cant wait.........

Edited by imi (see edit history)