The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blackwidow Supra

imi

Just washed my car today, decided to take a few snaps of the engine bay.

Also, bought a Greddy 3 ROW which will hopefully find its way into the car to complete off the installation.

I am going to sell my SMIC and maybe my HKS hardpipe kit, unless I can reuse those pipes with the FMIC.....

attachment.php?attachmentid=79731&d=1217697991

attachment.php?attachmentid=79732&d=1217697991

attachment.php?attachmentid=79733&d=1217697991

attachment.php?attachmentid=79734&d=1217697991

Supra Single Engine Bay.JPG

Supra Single Engine Bay 2.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks nice mate but id lose the mini K&N breather filter and plumb it back in the inlet pipe:)

Bloody hell Jamie - talk about being eagle eyed..... :)

I have no idea what those are for; came with the kit and Mr Pheonix put them on.

Any idea what they are for and what benefit would I get by removing them?

Its just a breather filter, if you was to lose a piston you may dump hot oil all over that hot turbo and the car would go up in flames (it happened to gamers soarer) better to tap the inlet pipe and fit a hose between the two;)

thats what I did with my PHR kit - tapped the inlet and stuck a pipe on it.

Thats a good point on the breather, it's certainly better to have it back into the filter neck (plus it's closer to stock as it gives some vacuum)

I like the way the water return has been done with the banjo bolt, not seen that before. It's much tidier than the normal 90 or 120degree fittings :)

• 2 months later...

Ideally a CWIC is the one for the T61 (as proven by Wez's car) but they are expensive and you have to wait.

If time and money are available I'd go for the CW one.

Finally got one and got it fitted. Car seems smooth and when cruising the cooling is good. not blasting the car around as want to get the car remapped first.

Also got the water injection kit mounted but not plumbed in (boost pipe & water injector into the throttle yet). Should get that sorted out once I get an aluminum bung welded onto the throttle pipe.

At 1.4bar they were around 91% hence why i lowered the boost to 1.3bar and said when you have sorted the intake temps out i will then have another look at the car to get the torque levels back. When the air is cooler it gains pressure quicker and as boost is created earlier as well as it being denser it will produce more torque and bhp lower down.

This is the next step after I build an enclosed airbox for the filter and get the water injection plumbed in, then looking to get the car remapped, perhaps even to take into account the water injection kit with a fail safe map for a WI failure.

QUESTIONS:

I am short of some water pipe, where is the best place to get hold of that?

Also, wondering whether I should heatwrap the midpipe and downpipe to reduce the engine bay temps or can this result in cracking of the pipe.

attachment.php?attachmentid=83380&d=1224492525

attachment.php?attachmentid=83381&d=1224492525

attachment.php?attachmentid=83382&d=1224492525

attachment.php?attachmentid=83383&d=1224492525

attachment.php?attachmentid=83384&d=1224492525

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Final Mapping session by Ryan.G this weekend:

This is happening on Sunday. Should be the final mapping session now that the new SMIC is on and all the gremlins sorted.

Whifbitz on Monday:

Oil Catch Tank install

Water Injector install into throttle pipe

Heatsheilding around turbo area

Heat wrap midpipe and downpipe only.

Look into building a custom airbox - based on UK-Rich's design.

Surely its better to have it mapped after the custom airbox is made and the heat wrapping done? nice to test the water injection aswell?

Agree.

Custom Airbox is not a definite yet, until I can find someone that can make it to my requirements within a reasonable budget.

pipes are already heatwrapped by myself, i have asked paul to tidy it up a bit more.

ideally, would like to see the effects of water injection, but as i have to fit in ryan and whifbitz before the 10th, this is the best i can do for now.

Jamie - stop putting more ideas in my head :D; its bad enough being a perfectionist ;)

Surely its better to have it mapped after the custom airbox is made and the heat wrapping done? nice to test the water injection aswell?

Jamie - have you mapped yours with water injection or are you also using WI as a safety measure....

Up for grabs eh?

It's a bloody lovely car. It's nice to see a modded car that isn't a spaz chariot on the outside.

Interesting to see the Miami Smic wasn't up to the job.

Thanks for the positive comments, I have lived and breathed this car for 5 years and know it inside out......I dont drive it as much as I used to, and in london, I dont get to experience what a real beast it is.

As with everything in life - there is always an opportunity to change and move on; if that opportunity arises, I could take it - else more than happy to continue enjoying the beast.

Regarding the Miami-GT SMIC - currently no conclusions yet.....in the process of elimination. Wait until the mapping session is done with the CW SMIC to see what the outcome is.

i'd love to have a custom airbox done too...that would be the 2nd item to eliminate.

imi

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Driving in traffic you will never have really low intake temps, ive been thinking of having pace products do me a custom chargecooler to combat this.

surely by creating a custom airbox or by moving the filter out of the engine bay completely (like you have) you must notice a significant improvement?

Cant wait for the tuning session tomorrow...

After reading dean's thread.....i will make sure that we dont push the car too hard. personally, more than happy with anything 500+

:clap:

Good luck and I mean it

I never pushed it too hard, 1.5 bar max on the odd spat, I think I should have brought something else thats all !! :(

Good luck and I mean it

I never pushed it too hard, 1.5 bar max on the odd spat, I think I should have brought something else thats all !! :(

to say that I was shocked when I read your thread would be an understatement.

....not suggesting that you pushed the car too hard.....(as owners we dont do that to our P&J); i'm merely saying that we are not dealing with original toyota parts anymore and sometimes I do get the feeling that bits and pieces are simply bogged together by most tuners out there with little care and little interest - there is just too much to go wrong. i'll get Ryan to map my car on the conservative side.