The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Just to follow up on this:

An 01707 642552 did ring me twice on the Monday and didn't leave a message. Bearing in mind the number bears no resemblance to Sky's 0330 number how am I meant to know Sky called? When I pressed redial though it seems that the number goes through to an answer phone of a Hamish Mc something!?? (Give it a ring to confirm) not Sky.

The only reason I now know Sky called is because Alex has since rung (Tuesday post my forum message) using the 01707 number and this time left me a message. In his message he did ask me to ring the 0330 number, so ignoring the weird involvement of Hamish, I then rang the 0330 at around 1.15pm on the sales line to speak to Alex. The person who finally picked up the phone (after a long hold) told me that Alex was at lunch and he (the person who picked up the phone) couldn't help because he was simply assisting with overflow. I was however promised a call back before 2pm (Tuesday). It's now 0.05 on Thursday and I'm still waiting.

I'll give it a go again at between 1-2 today.

Hi,

the 01707 642552 is our number, rings through to us, I'm completely confused my the Hamish voicemail situtation.

I'm just at the end of a PM if you need to contact us/me.

Thanks

Ollie

Guest Woods1

Was a bit deflated with sky, spoke to the guy on the phone who was very helpful and poliet but they said they couldn't even quote me on on my 350z, let alone come near my renewal from Adrian flux of £762.

When I pick up my supra in a couple of weeks il try them again and hope for a price at the least lol :)

Just wanted to post a good word for Sky. After past two years of £850 I corrected a few errors and a claim also dropped off so the renewal was £690 £12k Class 1 Business. I wanted to drop the cover in a way to get below £600. had quotes off A plan, Flux (£645 10k) and RH Classic who were very good with £420 max 5k (too low mileage for me).

Eventually they offered £575 max 7k which I said I wasn't happy about dropping from 12 to 7k for about £120 less yet nearly half the mileage. So they agreed £575 10k which I'm very happy with. Thanks Clive and the team.

Now I can afford to go replace my front tyres after a pot hole crushed my side wall. (The remaining tyre will be up for sale 245/40/18 Falken 452)

Edited by Spunkmeyer (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Just insured my supra with sky and the customer service was awesome, 1st lad i spoke to was talking to me about skylines and supras he used to have after me saying i preciously owned a gtst and the 2nd guy was talking about a 200sx he has, felt like i was talking to my mates more than an insurer.

Gave me the best price around for my age and really happy with everything.

Cheers guys

Just insured my supra with sky and the customer service was awesome, 1st lad i spoke to was talking to me about skylines and supras he used to have after me saying i preciously owned a gtst and the 2nd guy was talking about a 200sx he has, felt like i was talking to my mates more than an insurer.

Gave me the best price around for my age and really happy with everything.

Cheers guys

Great to hear, thanks for posting!

Feel free to give our Facebook page a like..

Usual story, they provide a renewal with a ridiculous premium, you call them and they reduce it a fair bit.

I did end up renewing with Sky a couple of weeks ago, even though the price rocketed by another 18%. They couldn't explain why, even though I'm older, doing less miles, returned the car to stock and car crime rates are massively down. Cheaper quotes were available but I went with Sky again as I've been really happy with the service otherwise. There was also a charge to add my partner to the insurance, a further £56. Not happy with the price, but very happy with the service.

If it goes up again next year I'll be taking my business else ware. Sort it out please Sky. why play these games every year with your regular customers? You'll be losing my business next year if you don't start playing fair. It's poor ethics and business practice for any company that wants to succeed long term.

Usual story, they provide a renewal with a ridiculous premium, you call them and they reduce it a fair bit.

I did end up renewing with Sky a couple of weeks ago, even though the price rocketed by another 18%. They couldn't explain why, even though I'm older, doing less miles, returned the car to stock and car crime rates are massively down. Cheaper quotes were available but I went with Sky again as I've been really happy with the service otherwise. There was also a charge to add my partner to the insurance, a further £56. Not happy with the price, but very happy with the service.

If it goes up again next year I'll be taking my business else ware. Sort it out please Sky. why play these games every year with your regular customers? You'll be losing my business next year if you don't start playing fair. It's poor ethics and business practice for any company that wants to succeed long term.

Same reason why I didn't renew with Sky, they couldn't explain after being with them for a year why the premium should go up.

They beat my premium by £200 odd this year.........I think because crime rates change in different areas, and other factors of course, premiums change. I'm lucky enough to live in an area where the car crime rate is almost 0%, so I'm good on that front :)

They beat my premium by £200 odd this year.........I think because crime rates change in different areas, and other factors of course, premiums change. I'm lucky enough to live in an area where the car crime rate is almost 0%, so I'm good on that front :)

The crime rate in my area has gone down too but like Homer the price still went up. :)

As it stands, 99% of our customers are not seeing renewal price increases, unless there is a change of circumstances. This has been the case now for several months.

Homer, could you please PM me your surname and postcode so I can look at your file and offer an explanation as to why your price may have increased?

In fact , anyone who has seen a price increase from us in the last few months is welcome to PM me. As I say, our customers are not seeing renewal price increases unless there is change of circumstances. I work very closely with our renewals team and am confident of this.

I was covering our renewals team on the phone yesterday and had a customer who was unhappy and wished to cancel his renewal because 'we are taking the pi**' .. his monthly payments had shot up but he was blind to the £200 deposit he paid at policy inception last year which meant his monthly payments were less, after this was explained he was happy to renew and happy with a £50 saving from the previous year.

Same reason why I didn't renew with Sky, they couldn't explain after being with them for a year why the premium should go up.

Hi,

did you pay a deposit which effected your monthly payments?

I've just picked up someone else via a different club forum who again was very negative about our renewal price but he paid a deposit last year which effected his monthly payments for this renewal. Our annual renewal premium was the best for him by far but at first he was blinded by his monthly payments going up, this seems common.

If your renewal price (annual premium) did increase, please PM me your details.

Thanks

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

I owe Sky an apology, turns out my premium went down this year, not up (I was looking at the wrong renewal letter). Thanks for the message Ollie and hope you accept my apology.

So, with that clarified, I'm happy with the quote once again and like I said I renewed with them anyway since the service is excellent.

I can't say anything bad about Sky, my renewal did go down. And they still matched a better quote elsewhere I reduced by £200+ :tumble:

Although on a recent possible car change to something worth a lot less than my current motor they wanted to drop the cover to third party f&t and there would be NO refund which is strange as I had to add money to my current car to purchase..

Overall, Sky are usually very helpful.

I owe Sky an apology, turns out my premium went down this year, not up (I was looking at the wrong renewal letter). Thanks for the message Ollie and hope you accept my apology.

So, with that clarified, I'm happy with the quote once again and like I said I renewed with them anyway since the service is excellent.

Thanks for the clarification, it is appreciated. Mud sticks on car club forums unfortunately so I was keen to get the record straight on this one.

Abz - I'm keen also to look at your feedback but I need your details.

Thanks

Sky wouldn't insure my Supra because I lived an a post code that fell out of their scheme. They point blank refused to consider approaching other insurers when I asked so they couldn't quote. They call themselves a broker but what they actually doing is putting us on is a scheme (binder) with limited insurers and certain rules and if they can't write it then they aren't interested in trying alternative markets. Their perogative but I'm disappointed by the approach.

I placed my insurance with who quoted £535 for a UK spec BPU with 6 years no claims. They were polite (no attitude) and from memory they opened longer hours.

Sky have just contacted me re the renewal of my 1 series BMW. They want £547 which is £230 more than ESure and more expensive than a BPU TT Supra. Bit of a joke really. I won't be renewing with them.

Edited by Gaz6002 (see edit history)

Sky wouldn't insure my Supra because I lived an a post code that fell out of their scheme. They point blank refused to consider approaching other insurers when I asked so they couldn't quote. They call themselves a broker but what they actually doing is putting us on is a scheme (binder) with limited insurers and certain rules and if they can't write it then they aren't interested in trying alternative markets. Their perogative but I'm disappointed by the approach.

I placed my insurance with who quoted £535 for a UK spec BPU with 6 years no claims. They were polite (no attitude) and from memory they opened longer hours.

Sky have just contacted me re the renewal of my 1 series BMW. They want £547 which is £230 more than ESure and more expensive than a BPU TT Supra. Bit of a joke really. I won't be renewing with them.

Hi,

what is your postcode area please? Have you moved?

We place as much business as possible in (car club scheme) excluded postcodes but we simply cannot place every customer who contacts us.

Thanks

Edited by Gaz6002 (see edit history)