The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

It certainly would appear that their opening statement in this thread is misleading.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?133215-Sky-Insurance-best-policy-best-price-best-service

Maybe it is high time to take them up on their offer and post some accepted renewal prices in the thread for them to reconsider their service?

If anyone does get a better price please post up on this thread as we need to keep tabs and make sure we are competitive and are providing the best possible service to our favourite club!
Edited by David P (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I came up as uninsurable by Sky.. 29 yrs old, 2 yrs NCB, held licence for 2 yrs, 1994 NA J-spec, limited milage, huge excess

1st year with flux was £2300 - 3k mile limit £500 excess + legal and personal injury cover

2nd year with flux was £1180 - 5k mile limit £500 excess + legal and personal injury cover

This year with flux its £660 - 5k mile limit £500 excess + legal and personal injury cover

Also quotes from other various insurers on classic car / performance car policies ranged from £390 to £645 - however these had various limitations such as milage (3 to 5 thousand per year) and did not cover me driving other vehicles. A broker called Need2Insure were offering very good prices with those restrictions.

Perhaps a change is needed for the club insurer as stated above, or some healthy competition by allowing a 2nd or 3rd club insurer to come into the fray?

Seems a bit strange that a mkiv supra club insurer cannot insure a supra..

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Ollie,

Is there a way of bolting on track day insurance?

If so could you provide details.

Richard Stock

Hi Richard,

it is not something we offer currently, in our experience you are better off with a dedicated track day insurer rather than a bold-on against your road risk policy.. you should get a better level of cover, we are happy to recommend http://www.moris.co.uk, a lot of our customers use them.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I was impressed when I spoke to them moments ago. Alex was bullish and quite pushy. I told him the details then he started whining that I didnt have the code for a fixed penalty ticket I had 6 months ago for driving in (an unmarked) bus lane (spot my anger there).

Thankfully I got to the end and with 20% "club" discount they were £1092 despite CTM being only £1080. Seems a tad high to me!

26, no accidents, claims or convictions (one fixed penalty notice for contravention of a bus lane, 9 months ish ago). Car has CAT1. It will be for SDCP and around 5000 per annum. I am full time employed as an Investment Analyst, but the closest they seem to find is investment actuary.

Can't say I was impressed when I spoke to them moments ago. Alex was bullish and quite pushy. I told him the details then he started whining that I didnt have the code for a fixed penalty ticket I had 6 months ago for driving in (an unmarked) bus lane (spot my anger there).

Thankfully I got to the end and with 20% "club" discount they were £1092 despite CTM being only £1080. Seems a tad high to me!

No great loss mate as it would seem that if the premium was acceptable then it would shoot up anyway next year at renewal time.

Just like to say thanks to Sky and especially Kathy who I just spoke to for sorting out my renewal. £615 this year with all mods, annoyingly up from last year and no agreed value anymore, but still cheaper than any where else.

Must say I find it strange that I called last week, giving the same policy info and my renewal wouldnt be dropped and it would cost £20 to add the GF to the policy. But this week she was added for free and I got about £55 off!!!

Just remembered, as I did say I would post in here. Sky were able to beat my insurance renewal by just over £250 this year. First time I have insured with sky as due to postcode restrictions at the old place they were unable to provide cover. Lets see how it goes :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

i pay monthly as i cant afford full price in one go

renewal from sky 812.01,, 10 payments at 94.43 for 12 months ,total =944

last year i paid 10 payments at 79 pound each =790 -( i even had to ring sky last year as they was beaten by livingstone 690,who i wished i would of went with now but i stayed loyal to sky )

so sky want this year a extra 155 pound

sky renewal 812

ive phoned lynns car insurance and they have beaten sky 730 (250 excess)

ive phoned adrian flux and they have beaten sky 680- (350 excess)

ive phoned livingstone guess what they beat sky 690 -(350 excess)

2 other coming back to me

so i thought i would ring sky and ask them if they can match the quote

there all busy so would ring me back asap hope it good news

EDIT update

cassie just spoke to me(very very helpful) 700 pound (250 excess) so thank you sky great work

you have me another year

p.s im 32 years old- - 9 years ncb --the car is parked on the drive --cat 1,2 alarm ,i dont use the car for work ,lower milage,

Edited by wewsupra (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Firstly,

The renewal quote given was pretty bad. £200 hike up on last year. Granted i added a driver from last year i think this process needs to be looked at.

Secondly,

The guy I phoned today and sorted me out a proper renewal quote was excellent. (Didnt get a name but was English and has a S14a) He sorted me out with a better quote than anyone else and it was one of the best customer services i've recieved from an insurance salesman. Give him a pat on the back or whatever you do from good customer feedback.

Cheers Sky Insurance, will be back in a year.

Just had my renewal through which I accepted and then had details through for paying monthly and found it's an extra 200 quid! I was actually happy with the price from Sky before I received that bombshell but I can't afford to pay my insurance all in one hit.

Seems a bit steep for credit charges and I don't recall paying that sort of money for the privelidge last year! :blink:

It's a shame they couldn't have just quoted you that price in the first place.:rolleyes:

This is exactly what i was meaning and this is my only gripe with Sky Insurance. Other than that they've been great

The renewal price was way higher than the price I paid after speaking to the advisor.