The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Hi all,

just to make you aware, we will have no forum representation from the end of today until 13th June 2011.

If you need to contact us:

CONTACT DETAILS:

*Please note that we must speak to you on the phone to go through quotations.

Call us for a quote: TEL: 0208 3645500

Renewals Team: TEL: 0208 3702783

Customer Services: TEL: 0208 3645500

Email us: [email protected]

[email protected]

Visit our website: http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Clear your inbox! I can't PM you... :( :(

Hi all,

just to make you aware, we will have no forum representation from the end of today until 13th June 2011.

If you need to contact us:

CONTACT DETAILS:

*Please note that we must speak to you on the phone to go through quotations.

Call us for a quote: TEL: 0208 3645500

Renewals Team: TEL: 0208 3702783

Customer Services: TEL: 0208 3645500

Email us: [email protected]

[email protected]

Visit our website: http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Good stuff, thanks for posting. We're still writing a hell of a lot of Mkiv Supra policies despite some classic style policy providers popping onto the scene.

On that subject, for anyone who does meet the criteria for a classic car provider, they are offering excellent prices. For those who do not meet the criteria we still maintain we are the best for the majority of Mkiv Supra owners, our enquiry and conversion levels back this up. Our conversion rate for Mkiv Supra averages between 35% and 40% and renewals retention rate is 60%. Good figures in our industry, especially in such a fiercly competitive market.

Thanks

I had my insurance with yourselves last year and was happy with the quote you gave me then. Trouble is that despite having no accidents,claims and only using the vehicle on a very limited basis my renewal quote for this year had increased by 25%. Can you shed some light on this:(

I had my insurance with yourselves last year and was happy with the quote you gave me then. Trouble is that despite having no accidents,claims and only using the vehicle on a very limited basis my renewal quote for this year had increased by 25%. Can you shed some light on this:(

just to say no offence to sky insurance but didn't find them a good price they was just the lowest type qoute I was getting from a few insurers. I found .A PLAN INSURANCE was amazing and if it was not for them would not have a supra now. sky said around 1700 and A PLAN was 1150 . I was very shocked and well happy. also great people to talk and communicate with. they even stayed on later to deal with me. highly recommend.

Agree - just had Sky call up saying my insurance had gone up by 15%.....no crashes, no claims, no points and 20 years driving history of which the last 5 has been in the same Supra. What is it with insurance companies and their mandatory yearly price hike!

Agree - just had Sky call up saying my insurance had gone up by 15%.....no crashes, no claims, no points and 20 years driving history of which the last 5 has been in the same Supra. What is it with insurance companies and their mandatory yearly price hike!

That's half of the average rise this year.

I had a quote from sky of £780.00 which was the cheapest i could find. I then phoned admiral and they asked if i wanted to put my wife down as a named driver on the policy not that she drives it £531 Heres my credit card..

Just called Livingstones on the advice left in a previous post.....£100 less than Sky's current quote and £25 less than last years quote.

As the man said...

Here's my credit card

I've removed the telephone number of another firm from Sky's thread. There's an insurance section you can post it in, but putting a phone number of a competitor in a company's own thread just isn't cricket. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sky Insurance - Competition to win Awesomefest 2011 tickets !

Hi all,

every so often we run competitions for our affiliated car clubs. We’d like to invite you to enter the latest competition to win tickets for the freshest event on the calendar, Awesomefest 2011. The competition is free and anyone is welcome to enter.

Awesomefest is presented by Driftworks and sponsored by Sky Insurance

For more information, view the Awesome Fest page on our website.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/awesomefest.html

Thanks for reading and good luck!

Just called Livingstones on the advice left in a previous post.....£100 less than Sky's current quote and £25 less than last years quote.

As the man said...

Here's my credit card

likewise, sky wanted 977 from me this year, i managed to get the car insured for just over 600 (all mods and an addition of 60 days european cover included with unlimited mileage).

price alone wasn't the main reason why i move away from SKY, going to put a formal complaint letter together for how they have treated me.

Shop around is what I say.

imi

likewise, sky wanted 977 from me this year, i managed to get the car insured for just over 600 (all mods and an addition of 60 days european cover included with unlimited mileage).

price alone wasn't the main reason why i move away from SKY, going to put a formal complaint letter together for how they have treated me.

Shop around is what I say.

imi

I too have moved away from Sky and gone with Livingstones, the only reason is because Livingstones offer agreed value on UK Supras.

The thing that struck me as strange was that I am still insured through Livingstones with the same underwriter as I was with Sky last year, but they will not grant agreed value through Sky insurance.

I asked Sky about this and they explained that every insurance broker gets a different deal and they might be able to obtain agreed value in the near future. It all seems very odd to me, but that's just the insurance game I guess.

I like Sky, and they have always been a very helpful company over the years I had been with them. I will always consider returning if they can offer agreed value again and stay competitive.

???? Sounds bad, well bad enough if you feel the need to put in a written complaint. Do tell more, as a club we should hear all feedback to help make a decision on buying goods or a service be it good or bad.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?248471-Renewing-my-Sky-Insurance!&highlight=Sky+insurance

Last year I was persuaded to change from a £235 policy with the P.O. to a £500 policy with SKY insurance and this years renewal has increased to £617!

Maybe time to change their name to SKY HIGH insurance.

And maybe also high time to reconsider the club sponsored insurance company?

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I've also moved away from sky - it's a shame as they ahve always been good to me. they tried to charge me £50 to swap over to a different car for 4 days, didnt phone me back when they said they would and the renewal was rediculous!

So went with lynbrooks.