The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knightracer (and others)

boombastictiger

However, we are already in the middle of negotiating with another bodyshop where qc is more preferable.

And you are just shooting yourselves in the foot now. Quality Control starts with you! If I can spot bubbling paint, laquer drips, Masking tape not taped properly, paint overruns, dust particles in the laquer, hair/fibre in the laquer, marks in paint due to bad blending, scratches in paint work, paint requiring mopping, arch screws that are too small, Interior and engine covered in filler dust blah blah blah.... (you get the picture!) - WHY CAN'T YOU?!!!!!!!!! I'm supposed to be a bodywork/spray work numpty!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really appreciate an apology from you. Small matter, maybe, but a point of principle with an old fashioned guy. I do not have any problem whatsoever with you slagging other folks off if you have had bad experiences with them, but when you have had a good experience and good advice and service, which you have had, with the new Miami-GT, I think you are bang out of order.

:Popcorn: Homer?

I do take exception to your comments about Miami-GT. You may very well have had bad experiences with the "old Miami-GT" which was run by Paul Evans for 4 years. Upon taking over the company, we went to some lengths to distance ourselves from the previous owner. I believe that we gave you excellent service on the one occasion that you dealt with us as the new Miami-GT owners.

Andy/Andrew, I was referring the Miami-GT the company, which you now own. Whether it was dealing from 4 years ago under previous management or under new management, it's still Miami-GT. So no, you will not be getting an apology from me.

If you want to dissociate yourselves from the name perhaps its time to rebrand? In fact I thought this was already planned?

For reference, my dealings under the old management were both good and bad, I've not dealt with the company since but did make a private purchase from Andy which went fine.

Are Miami GT still going then? :think:

Back in Feb Andy/Andy announced that "henceforth we will be RA Performance"?

Am I the only the one that finds the Andy/Andy Snr business confusing? Why haven't they got separate userids?

FWIW I've never bought anything from nouveau-MiamiGT/RA Performance/WhateverThey'reCalled.

A colleague tried to spend money with them but they never replied to his emails. I may be wrong but if a company can't reply to emails before they've sold you something I don't hold out much hope that they will do so if you have a problem or complaint.

We understand there has been a small handful of paintwork where quality control has been a problem at our current bodyshop.

I'm not really sure if the above comment applies in light of the number of dissatisfied forum members that have come to the fore.

The problem that we now face is that Knight Racer is one of this clubs Forum Traders so does this status need to be reconsidered in light of the number of significant and costly issues that have been publicly aired.

It now 'appears' to be the case that any potential Knight Racer customer takes his/her chances when leaving their Supra at their bodyshop and this can't be right in the interests of supporting the club members - not when many thousands of hard-earned-pounds are at stake.

As a further point but if I was a forum advertised business then I would go out of my way to ensure that all work relating to the big players on the forum was dealt with in a professional manner. My thoughts are simple: If the big players on here have not received the correct level of workmanship then what has been the final standard of the work for the little fish that won't complain?

Traders come and go (fact), but if it means that this fine club of ours only has a small number of Authorised Traders then so be it. It is best that we have people that can be trusted.

For every happy customer, it is fast becoming apparent that there are two that are not. What do we do?

:D

What is annoying is that i havent heard a bad word about them which is why i have choose them, as far as i was aware, Wayne (supradibbs) was well chuffed with the spray job as he says so in his build up thread in his section, now hes saying he was very unhappy, then Matt H, again from the pics and his thread all is well and pleased with the job, now someone is saying its not that good a job, why dont people come and and say it?? TF happening again in my eyes, it will take one respected member to say what a bad job they have done, then everybody else will come along and start saying "yeah, my job wasnt very good also" where all the people inbetween have to pay the price which could be avoided in the first place but after seeing all these threads now and some of the comments from respected members i am walking away from them as MKeynes is far from me and dont have the time to be taking my car back if there is problems and getting a train back ect..

Plus KR are not cheap! even cash in hand i still think they are pricey!

Yea that! I was going to book in thank f@ck I didn't. I heard rumours bout TurboFit being bad but certain popular members have championed TurboFit and KnightRacer to death. So glad I never got involved.

I think those with problems on their car should start a thread in the disputes section and get Knight Racer to discuss each issue individually. Then the mods can see just how serious this issue is and look at the next steps.

Im glad that people are willing to come forward now, I dont believe we have these same problems with any other traders but we are more than happy to hear about them if there are.

JB

I think those with problems on their car should start a thread in the disputes section and get Knight Racer to discuss each issue individually. Then the mods can see just how serious this issue is and look at the next steps.

Im glad that people are willing to come forward now, I dont believe we have these same problems with any other traders but we are more than happy to hear about them if there are.

JB

I'd be very carefull of the way this is all going with traders it's starting to turn into a witch hunt and i can see it were traders say is it worth the hassle being an authorised trader on here.

I'd be very carefull of the way this is all going with traders it's starting to turn into a witch hunt and i can see it were traders say is it worth the hassle being an authorised trader on here.

Only for the bad ones.

Some traders worth dealing with have been on here for years and continue to do so despite the odd slip up.

The dispute resolution forum shows how traders deal with these issues if and when they occur.

Besides that it showing obviously warning signs to the moderators it also clearly shows to the members who are worth, and who are not worth dealing with.

It's not so much about the complaint, it's the response that counts.

Essentially, it's all about members reporting trader issues in a prompt and professional manner. If this is done we have a recorded diary how a trader responds to issues. If members fail to post issues with forum traders then it defeats the whole point of having this club in the first place.

Only for the bad ones.

Some traders worth dealing with have been on here for years and continue to do so despite the odd slip up.

The dispute resolution forum shows how traders deal with these issues if and when they occur.

Besides that it showing obviously warning signs to the moderators it also clearly shows to the members who are worth, and who are not worth dealing with.

It's not so much about the complaint, it's the response that counts.

Essentially, it's all about members reporting trader issues in a prompt and professional manner. If this is done we have a recorded diary how a trader responds to issues. If members fail to post issues with forum traders then it defeats the whole point of having this club in the first place.

Exactly Darryl, look at my issues with Envy recently, they got them sorted over time, but the end product Im very happy with.

And to be honest, I have not been impressed with the new Miami at all, before my car went to GVN I phoned Andy Snr and Jnr while I was trying to source a genuin Ridox front as Envy didnt have any in, I remember Andy Jnr saying he would phone around and get back to me, never did, after speaking with Andy Snr I just kept getting phone my son he deals with that, I mean do they want my business or not, we'll talking about a £750 front bumper, but maybe their mark up on it isnt worth it for the hassle, then phoned back again and left messages with some woman who answered Andy Jnr phone, left messages to call me back and nothing, so I gave up with them in the end, as Envy phoned me up saying they had found one in the depths of their store, so they got my business again, and as I said despite a few small issues with Envy recently, time and time they have delivered and got what I needed.

I also feel there is no presence on here from the new Miami outfit.........last I heard was they are branching out into more then just Supra's and it all sounds very nice having a workshop set up with this dyno and that dyno, but if they dont look after the day to day stuff or the areas that guarantee keeping their business afloat and lasting time then time well tell..........but Im also very confused on where or what Miami are doing these days.....

Andy, you should look at some older threads say using mkivstore and their demise as an example of a witch hunt.

Because of that debacle,the mods all got together to re write the trader terms & conditions and created the dispute resolution forum to prevent witch hunts from starting. New terms & conditions were set up for the traders regarding dispute resolution and I think that this has been largely sucessful in getting disputes resolved in an open and honest way. Some members are well within their rights not to use it, and deal directly away from the forum.

Dispute resolution can also be used by members against members and again that has been largely sucessful.

The good traders stand the test of time, and for them, being an authorised trader on here isn't a hassle, infact to the contrary I expect that they do pretty well.

If it is a hassle for a trader to be on the forum, then they're not doing things right. Customer service and quality control are two key areas that can be the deciding factors on whether your business is a success or a failure. Neglect them at your cost. You as a person who runs their own business, will appreciate the value of customer service, and sorting out disputes in a timely and professional manner.

Have a look at the traders Terms & Conditions. They're pretty robust, but none of them refused to accept them.

I can understand your concerns at the witch hunt culture that has on occasion raised it's ugly head on the forum, but I think since introducing the new T&C's for traders and the other changes made it's noweher near as bad as it used to be.

i would'nt trust them to wash my car, never mind spray it, piss poor

Absolutely spot on mate. How many discussions did we have around this subject at the Santa Pod when we had the chance to really review their workmanship on the cars parked up that had jobs undertaken by them.

Just spent 45minutes typing a response only to have 2nd thoughts and delete it.

Heres a brief summary of what I wanted to say:

Yes, I'm satisfied with my KR experience.

KR went above and beyond for me with no extra charge on more than one occasion.

I'm also concerned about the amount of unsatisfied jobs KR have done.

Problems should be sorted, no questions.

I really hope Joe and Albert turn this around as we (the club) are in need of reassurance and positive reviews.

Ed, you mate are a brilliant bloke. I don't want to offend excellent guys like you either mate, but reality check and what about the bonnet mate and the 1/2 - 1inch gap? I know they rectified a few other bits, but your car should be absolutely perfect buddy, you paid for it and deserve it. Full stop. Please don't take this as me slagging off your car! It looks mint, just saying there is a fall down. ;)

i would not use knightracer again:rolleyes: i had mine and my boys done there, to be fair the work was ok,ish but to close to tf for me to use them

Gaz, again we had a good long chat about this. Alike the above, your car also looks stunning mate but it's clearly taken a while to get there.

Also, if anyone thinks that TF and KR go 'hand in hand' in terms of dual workmanship and equal 'QC' standards, think again. i.e. they work together and respect one anothers tradesmanship.

Greg (TFs) Lime Green Drag Monster respray was TRULY SHOCKING. They hadn't even prepped the mirrors and flushed the finish (it felt like sandpaper), there were blatent gaps in colour, they missed a whole section of the rear by the tailgate iirc and there were just numerous blemishes. It was shite.

As SupraAsh has said, the long-standing traders it seems always turn out to be the best. I can't fault any of the names he mentioned, in fact, the absolute opposite. Without them our Supras simply wouldn't be running or look like Supras at all. :)