The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knightracer (and others)

boombastictiger

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Knight Racer was a body shop before i had the job done. was suprised to find out they are just the middle man

I don't mean to sound like the guy who sneaks in a crafty kick when a fella is already bleeding and broken on the floor, but what's the point of phoning up a trader for some bodywork, the trader then biffs your car out to a third party for the actual work, then you pay the trader for the work done, which will include the traders cut ofcourse. Conculsion, you've paid someone say 5% to answer a phone and drive your car to a third party, you may as well cut the trader out, go to the third party direct and trouser the difference.

This isn't a dig at Matt H or KnightRacer specificaly, just middle man traders in general.

I don't mean to sound like the guy who sneaks in a crafty kick when a fella is already bleeding and broken on the floor, but what's the point of phoning up a trader for some bodywork, the trader then biffs your car out to a third party for the actual work, then you pay the trader for the work done, which will include the traders cut ofcourse. Conculsion, you've paid someone say 5% to answer a phone and drive your car to a third party, you may as well cut the trader out, go to the third party direct and trouser the difference.

This isn't a dig at Matt H or KnightRacer specificaly, just middle man traders in general.

i take offence to that as alot of my work is as you put it middle man, by being a middle man generally we are able to offer you as club members better deals as we work with these other tradersday in day out and bring them a large amount of work

example i charge £595 for a front seat retrim you contact my supplier tomorrow and he will charge you £725 and i still make some money from that

Knightracer are the same by bringing the bodyshop plenty of work are able to get alot cheaper i would imagine

I think you will find most business's are man in the middle these days, economics dictates that business can't do things completely end to end. Yes it may get farmed out to a 3rd party, but your man in the middle is being paid a) to make the contacts that you don't have in the particular field b) take the risk associated with a bad job from the 3rd party.

Outsourcing is just a common thing these days.

I think you will find most business's are man in the middle these days, economics dictates that business can't do things completely end to end. Yes it may get farmed out to a 3rd party, but your man in the middle is being paid a) to make the contacts that you don't have in the particular field b) take the risk associated with a bad job from the 3rd party.

Outsourcing is just a common thing these days.

Yes, to China or India, then the parent company realise it was a huge mistake as the consumers do not like foreign call centres or quality plumeting, and move the whole kit and caboodle back.

Although I'm not keen to pay someone to get a phone number (unless they charge the same as 118 118) it was your second point about when it goes tits up that concerns me most.

It also includes the ease at which a job can be done.. Sure you can phone around for someone to polish this bit and make this bit and twiddle that, but which is easier accepting a middleman who does all of that for you for a fee, or struggling and doing it yourself........ cost and convience also play a big role.

I get paid to design datacentres, could the companies I do work for do it, probably, but they would have to get staff go through all the difficulities and so on........

i take offence to that as alot of my work is as you put it middle man, by being a middle man generally we are able to offer you as club members better deals as we work with these other tradersday in day out and bring them a large amount of work

example i charge £595 for a front seat retrim you contact my supplier tomorrow and he will charge you £725 and i still make some money from that

Knightracer are the same by bringing the bodyshop plenty of work are able to get alot cheaper i would imagine

Well said wayne. As long as people are honest about being a middle man there is no problem with it :)

You'll find a lot of traders here at some point have outsourced some elements of their service, and for most of them it has proved a weak part in their service.

I believe Envy have stopped offering some services that they use to outsource because of quality control issues, and because it would often leave them out of pocket to keep the customer satisfied because of those issues.

As Gav said, outsourcing is not uncommon, but sometimes,in my opinion, I think traders should be more open about what aspects of their service are outsourced.

You'll find a lot of traders here at some point have outsourced some elements of their service, and for most of them it has proved a weak part in their service.

I believe Envy have stopped offering some services that they use to outsource because of quality control issues, and because it would often leave them out of pocket to keep the customer satisfied because of those issues.

As Gav said, outsourcing is not uncommon, but sometimes,in my opinion, I think traders should be more open about what aspects of their service are outsourced.

for cost issues outsourcing afraid is the only way for smaller companys how much would it cost me to buy and train on all the machinery to do what i do plus my fabricators are higly skilled at what they do not something i could pick up over night

i really dont think gazboy you really thought through your comments

So true Doug........;) Im yet again being told someone that they are struggling to supply what they advertised because of a 3rd party they are waiting on...........

for cost issues outsourcing afraid is the only way for smaller companys how much would it cost me to buy and train on all the machinery to do what i do plus my fabricators are higly skilled at what they do not something i could pick up over night

i really dont think gazboy you really thought through your comments

I will be honest here Wayne, that comment is directed at you, as at the moment Im waiting for a Trial rear through you, you tell your having problems supplying one because of the guy you use is on holiday. And because of his lack of commitment you now have to catch my abuse when I get upset and frustrated.......

To all,

So far my car has been away nearly 2 months already, GVN are now having issues themselves with one of their three partners, and issues with staff being away away on holiday, and at the moment I doubt I will get my car back by the end of the month like they have said.

All I know is over this period I would have spent a total of nearly 6k on my car between GVN (Respray), Wayne (rear bumper), Envy (refurb of wheels) and (Ridox front).

So far no one has delivered what they first promised, and so far Im still with out my car and to be honest I cant even be bothered to keep hassling people now.......getting all this work done is turning out to be a far bigger headache then I could have ever anticipated........:(

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with KR........but Im just starting to think maybe there are no good companies anymore these days, maybe everyone is out to just to make a buck and hey, why not, after all business aint about making friends :search:

I think that because this thread seems to be a gripe about traders in general, I'm inclined to change the title of the thread, as it would, to a person unaware of problems with traders both past and present, be a gripe about KnightRacer specifically, when clearly it's not.

I think that because this thread seems to be a gripe about traders in general, I'm inclined to change the title of the thread, as it would, to a person unaware of problems with traders both past and present, be a gripe about KnightRacer specifically, when clearly it's not.

I Disagree Doug,

JB created this thread specifically because of issues cropping out regarding Knight Racer on another thread. Towards the end of this thread members are moaning about other traders. Bulk of the comments are to do with KR.

I feel it should be kept with KR title and locked - KR have made their comment and plenty of opportunity to say anything else they wanted to.

Cheers,

Ro

Kind of puts TF into perspective in my mind.

I am looking forward to the whitepaper of how redbull cans can be used to tune up a car - must be their own trademark style...

have you read the TF thread and seen just how many people had serious problems with their work? Have you talked to any of the other tuners that have had to try and fix those problems? Have you talked to the technical people on the forum to understand just how obivous their failings were. Lovely people they were, knowedgeable tuners they were not.

:thumbs:

You couldn't have picked a worse example. A redbull can, if properly secured, makes a perfectly adequate catch can! You could spend 200 quid on a wonderfully bling metal box, or you could spend that on getting the cars fueling properly sorted. Sure it won't make everyone go 'oooh' when you pop your bonnet at a show, but spending the money where it matters (especially when on a tight budget) is more important to me.

I bet you wipe your arse with printer paper :rolleyes: and quench your thirst out of a toilet can.

So true Doug........;) Im yet again being told someone that they are struggling to supply what they advertised because of a 3rd party they are waiting on...........

I will be honest here Wayne, that comment is directed at you, as at the moment Im waiting for a Trial rear through you, you tell your having problems supplying one because of the guy you use is on holiday. And because of his lack of commitment you now have to catch my abuse when I get upset and frustrated.......

To all,

So far my car has been away nearly 2 months already, GVN are now having issues themselves with one of their three partners, and issues with staff being away away on holiday, and at the moment I doubt I will get my car back by the end of the month like they have said.

All I know is over this period I would have spent a total of nearly 6k on my car between GVN (Respray), Wayne (rear bumper), Envy (refurb of wheels) and (Ridox front).

So far no one has delivered what they first promised, and so far Im still with out my car and to be honest I cant even be bothered to keep hassling people now.......getting all this work done is turning out to be a far bigger headache then I could have ever anticipated........:(

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with KR........but Im just starting to think maybe there are no good companies anymore these days, maybe everyone is out to just to make a buck and hey, why not, after all business aint about making friends :search:

Thanks Ash i have bent over backward for you including sevreal very expensive phone call abroad i feel like thats a bit of a kick in the nuts

I explained the situation to you its just unfortuate when you ordered he was out of the country

Guest Nicholas

To all,

Why have you posted this here? surely if you're that upset it's one for the dispute section :search:

Keep the thread title re KR Doug but lock the thread so we don't get more of the above when there's a perfectly good section for it!

I think that because this thread seems to be a gripe about traders in general, I'm inclined to change the title of the thread,

..and by doing so you just made me skip through the whole mess again until I realised I'd already read it!

Can I start a gripe about mods thread? :eyebrows:

Only if you want to earn yourself some infraction points...

:D. I know Michael, you didn't deserve to be told off. You're a lovely guy at heart, really.

I got some stick recently. Just take it with a pinch of salt and accept the fact that they are the almighty beings.