The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knightracer (and others)

boombastictiger

Sheefa you dick!

I fitted the bonnet. Nothing to do with KR.

Damn it! Thats the only thing I have done myself body wise, and now your telling me thats sucks too.

:rlol: Greg, your a star buddy, Wouldn't be offended by anything you say mate.

:thumbs:

i remember that thread you didnt even buy the bonnet from KR

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, you mate are a brilliant bloke. I don't want to offend excellent guys like you either mate, but reality check and what about the bonnet mate and the 1/2 - 1inch gap? I know they rectified a few other bits, but your car should be absolutely perfect buddy, you paid for it and deserve it. Full stop. Please don't take this as me slagging off your car! It looks mint, just saying there is a fall down. ;)

your wrong

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=63714

I know for a fact Knightracer never painted it.

Hmm, all very strange then mate. As I said, I was there for a good 4 hours and Greg showed me round the car and pointed all the bits out bud. Do you know who 'DID' paint it then?

I know for a fact Knightracer never painted it.

Is it true that Knight Racer don't actually paint any cars? I heard they send the cars somewhere else (local) for the actual paintwork.

(This is not a dig, it's a genuine question. I was surprised to hear this since I thought KR did their re-sprays in-house)

Absolutely spot on mate. How many discussions did we have around this subject at the Santa Pod when we had the chance to really review their workmanship on the cars parked up that had jobs undertaken by them.

Clearly then a lot of people are talking behind my back saying my car looks crap, fantastic, please could somebody pm me and tell me what bits i need fixed please, assuming youre talking about the stand cars

Is it true that Knight Racer don't actually paint any cars? I heard they send the cars somewhere else (local) for the actual paintwork.

(This is not a dig, it's a genuine question. I was surprised to hear this since I thought KR did their re-sprays in-house)

That would actually explain some of the phrasing in their reply :

All your comments have been read and will be taken on board. We have in the past and still warranty paintwork that’s done through us, and we will rectify areas where the customer feels unsatisfied, at our cost, until they are happy. This also applies to the bodykits and parts that we supply.

We understand there has been a small handful of paintwork where quality control has been a problem at our current bodyshop. There was an occasion where we had to dismiss a painter permanently. However, we are already in the middle of negotiating with another bodyshop where qc is more preferable.

Strange thread this one, now having read it in full.

It seems to stem from someone asking about getting some mechanical work done on a car and Phoenix being recommended.

Then it's moved to here and a new thread created entitled Knight Racer.

Then what we seem to have is a few people commenting on the merits of GVN and Knightracer.

Some members making unfounded remarks about the quality of workmanship undertaken by Knightracer (Sheefa :rolleyes:).

A bit of Miami GT bashing for some reason. :shrug:

Some people saying that they've had probs with Knightracer which are documented. Some people saying they've had problems with Knightracer (undocumented) and a lot of hearsay.

If you have a complaint about a trader then there is a dispute resolution forum for members to use. That way we avoid threads like this, which has in my mind has an awful lot of unfounded allegations or opinions and sudden paintshop quality control experts making opinions.

I am well aware as are the majority of the forum members about Supro's dispute with Knightracer. Othres have had problems which Knightracer have rectified to the members satisfaction (JamieP/Supradibbs) and other members who have had no problems with their work at all. (Hogmaw, Guigsy Shameless TT)

As JB stated earlier if you have had a problem with Knightracer or any other trader and want some mediation then start a thread in dispute resolution or pm your chosen mod.

So people stick to facts. Ie something that is known by yourself. Not rumour, not hearsay, but facts, because if there are issues that need addressing, then we need to do them in a proper manner.

Hi,

Just for clarification, I have posted my experiences with KR as I felt it was of benefit to members. For me, the way they have treated me and the services were disgraceful and posted details and their responses. I'll leave it up to the members of this forum about what they think of KR.

I don't think the 'Dispute Resolution' forum was available when I had my problems and thats why I left negative feedback on their iTrader feedback.

I'm selling my car and wish to move on, putting this experience down to one of the bad episodes in my Supra ownership.

Thanks,

Ro

good posting class one, however off the back of this thread im interested to what people think about my paintjob. Ive not seen anything wrong with it, but im no expert. And nobody has ever told me there is anything wrong with it.

If someone wants to come and take a look there more than welcome.

When i picked up my car from knightracer they had a spry booth and stuff. so i would hhave said they did it there :S

Would be nice to get it clarified though.

Guest CoolsBlue

seen guigsy's supra, he told me where abouts it was resprayed, and personally,i think it was mint...ive had some stuff painted by them to, and it was a mint job to...

good posting class one, however off the back of this thread im interested to what people think about my paintjob. Ive not seen anything wrong with it, but im no expert. And nobody has ever told me there is anything wrong with it.

When i picked up my car from knightracer they had a spry booth and stuff. so i would hhave said they did it there :S

TBH - you can pick holes in nearly every re-spray. Dont let small things become an issue to you. As long as there is nothing major and your happy with it thats all that matters

Some members making unfounded remarks about the quality of workmanship undertaken by Knightracer (Sheefa :rolleyes:).

Oh whatever Doug. I've seen many cars that have rolled out of the KR 'paint show' and have spoken to other members on here, very good ones at that, that have expressed their disapointment at some of their work. Some members have already mentioned such in the 11 pages related to this thread in case you haven't read it fully.

Not everyone wants to post up their poor experiences about a club trader because of the possible backlash they may face from members who vouch for them. Does the TF thread that was linked to this ring any bells when Matt Harwood and co were confronted when they mentioned the quality of TF work when they started up a while back? Or did you miss that?

I'm entitled to my opinion and I can certainly justify the majority of my comments. I was wrong about Eds car (Sorry Ed, stupid mistake but I didn't see your build thread) and Greg @ TF also mentioned that KR had done their Lime Green respray. Sorry for not being able to spot that Greg was talking shite!

Greg

Bring it round to Sheefa's, he seems to have become an expert paint/body analyst who loves to use big bold letters to get his point across. Could it possibly be because his point is mostly full of complete tosh. Give the soapbox a rest Greg, maybe some constructive criticism instead. :p ;)

As you say in your post above mine, 11 other members (the actual ones who own the cars) have already posted about their experiences, why you feel the need to come in and summarise (fan the flames), use large bold letters and offer your opinion on something that you have no personal connection to apart from speaking with others is a bit strange.

No Greg, I was pointing out that you were infact talking about things as if you knew them for yourself, and in the process made yourself look......, well you decide.

First off all you made an inaccurate statement about Ed's bonnet, then one about Gregs car and one about JamieP. So yes, I did read the thread.

The difference between Matt Harwood and you, is that he knows what he is talking about.

Matts opinion, was based on facts, and what he knew for himself, and the fact he has knowledge in a particular area of expertise when it comes to Supra engines, single turbo installs, and matters that are auto electrical.

Yours was based on your opinion, and what you thought that you knew and quickly was pointed out by those concerned that you were wrong.

I'm not sticking up for KnightRacer here, but if you want to go on a trader bashing excercise then stick to what you know. Otherwise you could find yourself making libellous comments, and whilst you are entitled to your opinion, sometimes, it has to be carefully considered.