The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knightracer (and others)

boombastictiger

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt you buy skirts from them at the TF day?

Mind you, knowing you that was about 11 cars ago ;)

:D

What is annoying is that i havent heard a bad word about them which is why i have choose them, as far as i was aware, Wayne (supradibbs) was well chuffed with the spray job as he says so in his build up thread in his section, now hes saying he was very unhappy, then Matt H, again from the pics and his thread all is well and pleased with the job, now someone is saying its not that good a job, why dont people come and and say it?? TF happening again in my eyes, it will take one respected member to say what a bad job they have done, then everybody else will come along and start saying "yeah, my job wasnt very good also" where all the people inbetween have to pay the price which could be avoided in the first place but after seeing all these threads now and some of the comments from respected members i am walking away from them as MKeynes is far from me and dont have the time to be taking my car back if there is problems and getting a train back ect..

Plus KR are not cheap! even cash in hand i still think they are pricey!

Plus KR are not cheap! even cash in hand i still think they are pricey!

Seconded. I rescently got a quote of £2500 for some work at KR. I got a quote for the same job today from Towcester porsches body shop, £1200 finished to porsche insurance standard. :blink:

I'm sure CJ has a few select words to say as well, as they messed up his gunmetal NA to almost the point of the car being scrap. :rolleyes:

You Pay Cheap You Pay Twice

I've seen these jokers like TF, KR, Max-GT, Miami-GT, Future motorsports, etc come and go in the last few years. Now I know a little about these cars these guys are as a clear as day

For the benefit of future searches I think it's only fair to point out that the Miami-GT being referred to here isn't Miami-GT trading at present, or at least I presume it isn't?

Quite why anyone would want to retain that name when purchasing the business continues to confuse me though.

On the Knight Racer thing (it takes 2 seconds to type it in full you lazy bunch!) - often what you see on collecting a vehicle doesn't always tell the full story, sometimes it takes a while to discover the little "extra touches" a company can do to your car when it's with them, to this very day I still find shoddy things from work carried out on my car by a reputable forum trader years ago.

Once again though we have a fanclub suddenly growing spines and getting honest... I often wonder if some of these companies offer a discount in exchange for some kind words on the forums...

Just spent 45minutes typing a response only to have 2nd thoughts and delete it.

Heres a brief summary of what I wanted to say:

Yes, I'm satisfied with my KR experience.

KR went above and beyond for me with no extra charge on more than one occasion.

I'm also concerned about the amount of unsatisfied jobs KR have done.

Problems should be sorted, no questions.

I really hope Joe and Albert turn this around as we (the club) are in need of reassurance and positive reviews.

in answer to emins comments alot of my issues did not come to light till a few weeks later after i got the car into light and the firbe glass etc had chance to settle

yeah i was a little pissed off but been told it will be sorted so if it is great np if it dont then i will take further

All your comments have been read and will be taken on board. We have in the past and still warranty paintwork that’s done through us, and we will rectify areas where the customer feels unsatisfied, at our cost, until they are happy. This also applies to the bodykits and parts that we supply.

We understand there has been a small handful of paintwork where quality control has been a problem at our current bodyshop. There was an occasion where we had to dismiss a painter permanently. However, we are already in the middle of negotiating with another bodyshop where qc is more preferable.

It's a very famous phrase from a few years ago that still holds true today. You Pay Cheap You Pay Twice

I've seen these jokers like TF, KR, Max-GT, Miami-GT, Future motorsports, etc come and go in the last few years. Now I know a little about these cars these guys are as a clear as day, but unfortunately many people don't take notice of the advice provided. TBH - if someone doesn't listen to advice provided then my general attitude is f*ck them. I've done this time and again and been ignored on most occasions. Every member has since had serious issues and now apologised for ignoring the advice... All I can say to future customers is to listen to the advice of those who've been here for years, not the newbies/fanbois that have no real knowledge of car mechanics

Are we talking about the present miami -gt under new ownership or the past ownership?

It's a very famous phrase from a few years ago that still holds true today. You Pay Cheap You Pay Twice

I've seen these jokers like TF, KR, Max-GT, Miami-GT, Future motorsports, etc come and go in the last few years. Now I know a little about these cars these guys are as a clear as day, but unfortunately many people don't take notice of the advice provided. TBH - if someone doesn't listen to advice provided then my general attitude is f*ck them. I've done this time and again and been ignored on most occasions. Every member has since had serious issues and now apologised for ignoring the advice... All I can say to future customers is to listen to the advice of those who've been here for years, not the newbies/fanbois that have no real knowledge of car mechanics

I do take exception to your comments about Miami-GT. You may very well have had bad experiences with the "old Miami-GT" which was run by Paul Evans for 4 years. Upon taking over the company, we went to some lengths to distance ourselves from the previous owner. I believe that we gave you excellent service on the one occasion that you dealt with us as the new Miami-GT owners.

For the benefit of everyone else, we have just completed approximately £200,000 investment in our new facilities, and for those that came, you saw that we actually gave 35+ free dyno runs to a bunch of enthusiasts who attended TOTB.

I would really appreciate an apology from you. Small matter, maybe, but a point of principle with an old fashioned guy. I do not have any problem whatsoever with you slagging other folks off if you have had bad experiences with them, but when you have had a good experience and good advice and service, which you have had, with the new Miami-GT, I think you are bang out of order.

Just for your information, we are currently investing very considerable amounts of money in mapping, 2wd and 4wd dyno's, 6,000 sq ft of fully equipped workshop, 2,000 sq ft of offices and stockrooms, engine clean room, and we are about to make major announcements to this board and other Japanese forums in the next couple of weeks, which the majority of fair minded enthusiasts I can assure you will welcome wholeheartedly.

Watch this space!

I will leave things there for the moment,

Andrew senior.

I would say it was Miami GT under the past ownership :)

maybe it would be a good idea to clear that part up then ,just so Andys future business is not affected or tarred with the same brush as I think that is only fair:)

I do take exception to your comments about Miami-GT. You may very well have had bad experiences with the "old Miami-GT" which was run by Paul Evans for 4 years. (EDITTED, no point putting the whole bit in

I'd have to agree, I've had some dealings with Andy and not had a problem with them, taken a lot of flack for the Miami-GT name which isn't really deserved...

Andrew Senior, you were warned this would happen if you retained the name a long time ago, even if people don't state things as Homer did above the search button and idle chit chat within the community still often associates "Miami-GT" with bad experiences and a bit of a knobhead running the show.

A shame because I know you are all too keen to distance yourselves from all that... something a change of name would have done instantly.

Having dealt with both incarnations of Miami-GT I think I can safely say they have two very different approaches to things but share a fascination with red x's on their websites ;) (For anyone who doesn't grasp what I'm saying... old = bad, new = not bad).

Andrew Senior, you were warned this would happen if you retained the name a long time ago, even if people don't state things as Homer did above the search button and idle chit chat within the community still often associates "Miami-GT" with bad experiences and a bit of a knobhead running the show.

A shame because I know you are all too keen to distance yourselves from all that... something a change of name would have done instantly.

Having dealt with both incarnations of Miami-GT I think I can safely say they have two very different approaches to things but share a fascination with red x's on their websites ;) (For anyone who doesn't grasp what I'm saying... old = bad, new = not bad).

Really appreciate this michael this whole name thing is going to be sorted in the next month im getting tired of this.

Andy Junior

Really appreciate this michael this whole name thing is going to be sorted in the next month im getting tired of this.

Good to hear it, the sooner it's buried the better, the last thing you need is your hard work being damaged by association.

All your comments have been read and will be taken on board. We have in the past and still warranty paintwork that’s done through us, and we will rectify areas where the customer feels unsatisfied, at our cost, until they are happy. This also applies to the bodykits and parts that we supply.

We understand there has been a small handful of paintwork where quality control has been a problem at our current bodyshop. There was an occasion where we had to dismiss a painter permanently. However, we are already in the middle of negotiating with another bodyshop where qc is more preferable.

good reply guys hope to have my beast back in all its glory:)

Couldn't agree with you more Ash.

I've been stung on bodywork (Dude) so appeciate that the extra £1k for the spray is well worth it. If I'd gone to GVN it would have been perfect instead of the mess I have to have completely redone now.

I know the feeling, but best not comment for fear of the supporters club

Ive had one dealing with Andy and can only say change the name its really not doing you any favours.

Got my part when he said i would and way cheaper than anyone else.

Will defintely use him again in the future.

All your comments have been read and will be taken on board.

Good, when can I expect my refund for the £150 you charged me for your mistake? And the train tickets for the wasted journeys to your premises, only to find the paint work was shite?

Albert and Joe, do everyone a favour and take an evening course at your local college on Car Body maintenance/spraying.

I do take exception to your comments about Miami-GT. ....

Andrew senior.

Andy Senior,

I don't think Homer was referring to your present company at all. Unfortunately Homers post only highlights why it wasn't a good thing to carry on with the Miami GT name.

Anyone who has been using this forum for a few years knows about the reputation of the former Miami GT.

When I hear 'Miami GT' - I only associate it with negative things and Paul Evans. Sorry.

Cheers,

Ro

good reply guys hope to have my beast back in all its glory:)

I don't really agree.

Good, when can I expect my refund for the £150 you charged me for your mistake? And the train tickets for the wasted journeys to your premises, only to find the paint work was shite?

And that's the problem I have with Knight Racer's reply. They may have had one paint guy who wasn't doing his job properly. He may have been totally crap, and hence they got rid of him. These things do happen, such is life.

But - why was it your customers who had to point out that the work was crap after they came to collect their cars, or after they had taken them home? I couldn't spray a car to save my life - but if I managed to bluff myself a job with you I'd expect YOU to notice that, not your customers.

Andy Senior,

I don't think Homer was referring to your present company at all. Unfortunately Homers post only highlights why it wasn't a good thing to carry on with the Miami GT name.

Anyone who has been using this forum for a few years knows about the reputation of the former Miami GT.

When I hear 'Miami GT' - I only associate it with negative things and Paul Evans. Sorry.

Very true Ro.