The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring: 5th~10th July - write-up

Tom S

We are setting off from Cumbria at around 3pm on the Thursday and catching the overnight ferry from Hull at 8pm.

Ah so you'll be just under a day behind us then; when are you heading back home? Is your group planning on lapping on the Friday evening? Are you staying where we were last year?

The 'other' situation I believe now won't be a problem. ;)

Glad to hear it ;)

I over-heard a few people talking about the Supras on the track in the car park and over the PMRs last year. So it definitely makes an impact parading these cars around such a place.

wow really? Excellent!! :clap: we've GOT to do it now. :D

Parade laps are great.... (I promise I'll hit the proper gears this time !! Appologies once again for scaring any of you last year on the parade lap - it was not a planned maneouvre).

All the same, you can go at the back :p ;) ;) :D

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we will be in Rotterdam 8am Friday morning and at the track by dinnertime(ish). We'll also be putting in a few warm up laps in the afternoon. I've got adjustable suspension this year so I'll be playing around with that on the Friday.

Need to find a good dry and wet setting if need be.

I've just bought another bullet cam so myself and my bro can act as camera cars on the parade lap if you like.... filming from the back of course ;)

He's got an EVO IV RS, bleeding quick little machine it is.

Anyway, we'll catch you all there, hope everyone has a good trip over. Looks like its going to be a busy weekend.

p.s.

we are heading back on the Tuesday

D-bone - Take off, eh. I didn't know we had any members from the Great White North.

Steve - If you and Kate are tired and need a stop en route maybe for a nap or coffee, I live right on the Dutch border North of Aachen and West of Dusseldorf. 1st exit/or last exit depending on how you look at it, off the A46 near a town called Heinsberg.

AJI - Be good to see you again mate. Hopefully, our two groups don't spend the entire weekend separated.

Has anyone contacted ze Germans that showed up last year?

I will be joining you guys Friday the 6th and staying for the entire weekend. I don't leave for Alaska until the 9th or 10th. I don't know where I'm staying yet, but may park the car with yours and then pop up a tent if I can't find a room anywhere. Any rooms left Steve? I'm a bit bummed that Tom's not going, and now Martin as well. If anybody going needs a place to crash between the 4th & 6th, I have room. I won't be pushing hard this trip as I have a lot of little things to get sorted, maybe a couple of laps at a nice slow pace. Depends on how much work I can get done this week in between flying. I was near the ring today (driving back from a wine festival) and the GT3s were everywhere, along with a lot of old-school classic stuff too. Saw several trailer-queens en route, but I was headed the other way. See you guys Friday, or maybe sooner.

Excellent news that you can make it Mike, will be good to catch up with you :)

If Martin definitely isn't coming, and as things stand so far he isn't (there's a slim chance he might passenger in his brother's car) then we should be able to squeeze you in one of the rooms, assuming the people you'd be sharing with don't mind. :) [-EDIT: I've just been informed that one of Bignum's friends may be dropping out, if so you can have his room, Mike.]

I expect to be in 'the field' most of the time I'm not lapping so should be easy to find, but just in case, have you still got my mobile number?

Fitted some 'BlueVision' bulbs a few days ago (not remotely blue, though), gave my Supe a bloody good clean today, little bit left to do on the inside which I'll do tomorrow, had an oil change yesterday & some fast road pads fitted.... got a few basic tools & cleaning bits ready and stuck them in a box along with spare oil etc ready to go

Getting close now :D

Robbie - If you need just a nite to crash and can wait to get to the ring on Friday, I can put you up here at the house. I'm 1.4 hours North of the Ring and will be staying Friday-Sunday.

Steve - Yes, still have the number mate! Thanks for the room. Wife ("Carly" in case you forgot) and I will be down Friday-Sunday. Let me know what needs to be done for check in and all the administrative queep.

Can't wait to see you guys. Any requests for German beer? I have access to a good shop with reasonable prices.

Can I just confirm radio channels, are we doing same as on Dragon Ball? Channel 05 subchannel 05?

I was just thinking it would help meet up after / before check in & in case of questions / delays.

Can I just confirm radio channels, are we doing same as on Dragon Ball? Channel 05 subchannel 05?

I was just thinking it would help meet up after / before check in & in case of questions / delays.

Good suggestion Henk :) it's certainly as good a choice as any to get us started. If it turns out to be 'already occupied' we can shift to another channel.

5 05 everyone

Steve - Yes, still have the number mate! Thanks for the room. Wife ("Carly" in case you forgot) and I will be down Friday-Sunday. Let me know what needs to be done for check in and all the administrative queep.

Ah, I hadn't reaslied you were bringing Carly with you - this may change things. Bignum needs to confirm whether his mate Dave is coming or not. If not, you're sorted, as he was having a double room to himself. If he is coming we may have a problem...

we can cross that bridge if/when we come to it, at leats you're not a million miles away if we can't find you ANYTHING, but I'm sure it won't come to that. :)

Can't wait to see you guys. Any requests for German beer? I have access to a good shop with reasonable prices.

personally speaking, I'm more of a cider man (awaits a flaming), but thanks for the offer :)

Robbie - let me know if you're taking up Mike's offer of a place for Thursday night or if you want to 'squish' in one of our rooms for a night (in Martin's place assuming he's still not coming).

This is getting complicated! :blink::D

Thanks for the room. Wife ("Carly" in case you forgot) and I will be down Friday-Sunday.

Worst comes to the worst Mike, relax, Carly can come stay with me :innocent:

(anyway back on thread subject...)

Do you guys think it's necessary to bring down an extra set of break pads? I forgot to get the guy to check today when I put on two new F1's up front.... damn and no time between now and Wed Night.

Jspec-I'd love to try some good german beers. Anything but lager... caus lager is lager no matter where u get it.

Can I bring you anything from up here, or is one of these hosers bringing down a supply. ;)

Mike how is my gin acquistion going. I have the following on the way to you, all 500ml bottles:-

9 Speckled Hen 500mls

4 Riggwelter

2 Double Maxim

4 Londons Pride

2 Honey Beer

4 Old P

2 St Georges Ale

4 Black Sheep Golden

2 Black Sheep Normal

4 Old Ember

3 Spitfire

1 Bombadire

all in all about £53 quids worth!! Should go towards the gin my old mate!!

I have a free ferry ticket if anyone is in need;)

car not sorted mate? We will be drinking together at JAE, I Promise you that.

Guys, my m8 dave cant go so the room is available and a ferry ticket, cheers si.

Cheers Si - he may have to pay for the nights booked and not used, as discussed the other day. I'll explain the situation to the hosts when we get there but they're well within their rights to charge for the nights Dave/Mike won't be using as they could have easily rented his room out to people going to the Truck GP, and will now be missing out on business.

I hope you/he understands, it's not fair on the B&B to just expect them to accept the last minute alteration and doing so could ruin things for the rest of us; the whole set of bookings was reserved for us based on my (our) word that we'd need all the rooms we booked.

^^^ I tried to make that ^^^ not sound arsey, but it still does - it's not meant to be! I'm just a little worried that we'll p1ss off our hosts who have, to be honest, bent over backwards for us to date. :(

Mike, the double room is yours for the Fri & Sat nights so at least that's sorted! :)

Robbie - if you want the room for the Thursday night, let me know. :thumbs:

Do you guys think it's necessary to bring down an extra set of break pads? I forgot to get the guy to check today when I put on two new F1's up front.... damn and no time between now and Wed Night.

Bit of a difficult question to answer if you don't know how much pad you've got left mate.

If you can't getthem checked between now & going, it might be worth sourcing a set from Toyota before we go - I don't think standard pads cost much.

I didn't use much pad last year, but then I oly drove 10 laps as it was a shorter trip, and I didn't know the circuit or my car well enough to really push on. I was also worried about cooking my puny J-Spec brakes so went pretty easy on the brakes. In the end I didn't use much but have changed them anyway as they were very low. :)

If you don't get any before going, I'm sure that if they run out when we're there and we have to find some, we'll find some. :)

d-bone -- if you've got more than half pad thickness left then I wouldn't bother to bring any more. (Assuming your track driving style is brake pad friendly).

But if you think that you might need some and want to get them fitted over near the track then True Torque Engineering is only 5mins away from the track entrance. They do lots of work on cars such as ours and they are top notch guys.

They probably won't have Supra brake pads in stock but if you want their number it may be possible for them to order some in advance ready for fitting later in the weekend if you think you might run out of pad. ??

Contact them on their website if you like:

http://www.tte-racing.de/Frame/e_frame_a.htm

Tel : 0049 2692 932244

The main guy called Marc Ludemann can speak English and is very helpful.