The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring: 5th~10th July - write-up

Tom S

I'm still finding a hotel - everyone I've tried so far is booked :(

However I have a new and improved list of recommendations from regular 'ringers' :rlol: now - will be emailing them all tonight. The sooner we can confirm the hotel the sooner we can book the ferry and get a decent price. :)

Keep watching this space (although I will PM everyone when they need to do something).

Glad you're a 'definite' Martin. :thumbs:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a fair few of us though Mike - check page 1 :)

How big is your house? ;)

My German is non-existant so I might call you up if I find a place that doesn't have any English speakers but does have rooms for us - just to check nothing has been lost in translation - if that's ok mate? :) Thanks for the offer

Yeah no worries Steve, I can help as my German allows. It's not as good on the phone as it is in person, but I'm resourceful. My house is not huge, but I have room for 5-6 Supras in the driveway, maybe more if I am.... well, resourceful. As for sleeping, I have an extra bed, a futon, two couches, a recliner, and an inflatable mattress I use for camping. If I know how many are coming, I can try to find more room. I may be buying another couch soon as well. Let me know. I'm thinking that with the level of alcohol consumption that will undoubtably insue, there will be no complaints, especially when I'm cooking... :)

Yeah no worries Steve, I can help as my German allows. It's not as good on the phone as it is in person, but I'm resourceful. My house is not huge, but I have room for 5-6 Supras in the driveway, maybe more if I am.... well, resourceful. As for sleeping, I have an extra bed, a futon, two couches, a recliner, and an inflatable mattress I use for camping. If I know how many are coming, I can try to find more room. I may be buying another couch soon as well. Let me know. I'm thinking that with the level of alcohol consumption that will undoubtably insue, there will be no complaints, especially when I'm cooking... :)

How much for 4 nights buddy:)

I've emailed a load of hotels but had no reply/no joy so far - I'm gonig to start ringing them instead now (literally!) as at least I get an instant response that way. I think my hotmail "junk" filter account has eaten some replies.... doh!

Anyway, I'll post an update on my progress each day so you know how I'm getting on; the attendees list will be closed once accomodation is confirmed as I'm not going to run about finding more accomodation for people whp didn't get their names down in time.

Lebsteif, if you're coming with us, you need to PM me your room requirements please - see page 1. Ta! :thumbs:

Because of the Truck GP going on at the 'proper'/new circuit (not the bit we go on) pretty much all of the accomodation is booked up. It's the second biggest event the circuit sees each year, after the F1 GP.

I'm faced with the choice of stay within a few km of the 'Ring but split us pover a couple of neighbouring B&Bs, or put us all in 1 place but end up about 20~30km away.

I've made the exectutive decision ;) to keep trying for more local places first; figured that a couple of hundred metres won't stop the two halves of our group from meeting up in the evenings at one or the other hotel, and I expect we'll head out to nearby eateries/drinkeries some evenings anyway. Also, getting to & from the circuit on GP day will be hard enough as it is, so the nearer we are, the better.

The good news is that I just spoke to a very helpful chap who can put half of us up in his B&B, and is trying all the neighbouring accommodation providers for me to try and find homes for the rest of the list... keep your fingers crossed, he's calling me back once he's done that so I'll come back later and post up the news :)

I've emailed and phoned probably 20 places so far, and been on 2 nurburging boards searching for recommendations and asking for help. If this chap can't help, I also spent a few hours finding more lists of more places, so we're not stuck yet. :)

Needless to say, AS SOON as I find somewhere with availability, WE NEED TO BOOK. You'll all get a PM with instructions once I've got foudn us somewhere, but please be ready to act fast, or risk losing your place.

Cheers!

Steve

Even though I'm not going Ste I must commend you on all the effort you are going to for the lads :thumbs: Well done mate, it sounds as if it's going to be a fantastic trip :)

Jesus that actually sounded like I liked you for a minute :blink: :D

lol Burna, thanks :D I'm not sure how many times I've cursed this flipping Truck GP, but I don't like it.... let's put it that way. ;)

German would-be accommodation provider: "You know that the truck GP is on, don't you?"

Me: ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH :D

You really should come out mate, it's worth even the hassle of negotiating a Truck GP. The offer of taking you out in my Supe (when Kate is happy to give up the seat) is still open, and I'm sure others on the trip would do the same. The costs pretty much halve if you're not going to do any laps! :)

I would love to come mate believe me :( If it was to happen it would be a last minute descision but probably then all the accomodation would be all fully booked anyway :(

You really should put some UK 17" alloys on for the trip Ste, mine will be up for sale soon ;)

I would love to come mate believe me :( If it was to happen it would be a last minute descision but probably then all the accomodation would be all fully booked anyway :(

You really should put some UK 17" alloys on for the trip Ste, mine will be up for sale soon ;)

Already bought some from SupRo, sorry dude ;)

If you're selling your (little used) brakes tho...? :D

Bignum,

Unfortunately (fortunately?) the trucks will be on a different bit of the circuit to us. I'm thinking it might be worth going and seeing if any qualifying/practice is going on on Friday morning though, as the NorthLoop isn't open till lunchtime. :) I had a look at the truck GP website today (it's on when we're at the Ring you know ;)) and the drivers in the photos I saw seemed to be traditional fat truck driver blokes :D

EDIT: forgot to say, I've not had a call back from my german friend yet, if I don't hear anything from him by tomorrow evening I'll call him; we did have some fun translating phone numbers. Still got a fair few places to try from my list and Bignum just sent me some more potential options - cheers! :)

Hope you guys get sorted with accommodation soon.

I'm trying to think of nearby places that I remamber passing.

Kelberg has a few from what I remember and there was a place south of Kelberg we passed on last year's trip.... just can not for the life of me remember the names. :(

Koblenz also has numerous from what I've heard.

Try this site if you haven't already:

http://www.booking.com/city/de/adenau.html?aid=303948;label=adenau-LzF6MT2o17ClD3c6GSzNigC458916681;ws=nona.net&gclid=CN2hnc-gv4sCFRROQwodokom2w

what about a camp ground or something like that? Should be good weather this time of year.

Too bad we dont all have Aztec's.. then we'd be all set! http://www.freeautosearch.com/pictures/pontiac-aztec.jpg

We'd be the laughing stock of the ring, but we'd have a place to stay!

edit: just noticed you have ?? for my car. It's a blue UK TT

I had a powercut all day yesterday (came back on just after midnight), hence lack of an update!

I have some good news, the chap I mentioned before called round a few places and was confident he'd found us somewhere. I called the chap he mentioned and he's going to get back to me by Tuesday with confirmation of whether he can help us or not. I'm going to spend a few more hours today seeking out alternatives, just in case he can't help or I find something better. :)

I considered camping, but I feel that somewhere 'solid', with a decent bed (and preferably easy access to a bar! ;)) to come home to after a busy day being the fastest racing driver in the world ;) is important.

Accomodation (B&B) is sorted! :)

Phew! Thanks for the help & suggestions everyone.

I've no idea if there are any bars/restuarants nearby, but we'll be 4km from the 'Ring - which I thought was the most important thing, especially with the likely traffic problems the area may suffer during the Truck GP... I figured that if there isn't anything nearby we can take it in turns to be driver double up in cars - or get taxis - and go somewhere nearby (Nurburg/Adenau/bit further afield).

I'll get some more details about the area we're staying in ASAP and post up the details of the accomodation later today, and will PM everyone with what they now need to do (i.e. book ferry, and if any deposits need paying for the accomodation - waiting for an answer on that one...).

It's all official now; we're going! :D