The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring: 5th~10th July - write-up

Tom S

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gods aint run out water for the last two weeks here so don't hold your breath. Best be ready for wet weather chaps and prepare yourselves and your cars for that. If I am honest its actually more fun in the wet as it can be a bit more predictable at the let go point than in the dry. Also you'll cane your car parts less like rubber and brakes but still have the same amount of trouser twitching :D

if the weather is nice i might pop down i dont think i will go on the track just got some new toyo`s fitted and i dont really want to be buying another set soon might just my little boy down to show him the cars and stuff, besides that i haven`t got a skid lid

Guest jammox

Love to be there but I'm up to my eyes in work at the mo.

Does anyone know what the minimum age for a passenger is?

Spoke to Bignum earlier and he said they are having a great time. Weather is dry and sunny today, much the same as it is here.

They all went to the ring at 8am this morning when it opened and had some laps with less traffic. Bignum has been filming his laps so hopefully we will all get to see some great footage when they get back.

When I spoke to him earlier they were chilling at the hotel and were going back this afternoon for more fun :)

If I hear anymore I'll let you know.

Weather all up through France/Belgium/southern Holland was fantastic today. I wish I had of been ar the Ring instead of traipsing around a very very packed disneyland paris. For anyone thinking of going across the summer really really do not bother. Even the crap rides had over an hour and a half wait time. There were little or no disney characters wandering around in those suits. A hell of a lot of pricey merchandising going on. Food queues were 30-40 minutes minimum even in the flippin hotel for breakfast FFS. So anyways am expecting some good vids and all of the boys to come back without smacking their cars AKA the rex lads last year.

So anyways am expecting some good vids and all of the boys to come back without smacking their cars AKA the rex lads last year.

Oh... you had to mention that last bit didn't you. Not saying anything more.

I've just gotten home a couple of hours ago. Absolutely beat. Will sleep like a champ tonight. It was a great meet this year and we really had a good time. Tons of vids and pics to be posted and I'll go ahead and put a plug in for Henk now. He really put himself out there to get some good footage, and man did he get a lot of it, over 400 clips and still building. He's going to compile a DVD or two and they'll be for sale for a small fee, which I am happy to pay. I've had to come home due to work tomorrow, but the boys should be posting up tomorrow and there will be plenty to tell.

It was great to hang out with Steve, Kate, Henk, Robbie, Darren, Joe, Mark, Andy, and Si. I wish we'd had more there with us, but our group did very well lap wise, and some of us were fortunate enough to get a lap in with George in his rocket of a supra. George - Thanks again, it was educational, and will now turn expensive, as I've got to have a well sorted single that's as planted as yours. There's just nothing like that feeling.

We were three separate groups this year staying in separate accomodations. Too bad we didn't spend more time together and would've been nice to do a big photo session and group lap.

All in all, it was a great weekend. I need new brakes, suspension, and tires as a result (they were all worn before hand). I'd love to do another meet in August/September, so anyone who's interested, look for a thread soon.

Unfortunately, we saw some nasty accidents and there was a lot of track closure. Three today as a matter of fact, and one had to be med-evac'd out via helo. Seeing two a little too up close and personal didn't help any either. Nobody in our group was involved, so don't worry. The track was rediculously busy. Thank god for 8am starts with very little traffic. 11am-5pm is just mental and there's way too many retards out there.

I'll get some pics and really bad vids up soon. I'm just too beat atm. It's all about a beer and bed.

Edit - Huge thanks to SteveR for his organizing the excellent B&B's and everything else.

Spoke to Bignum earlier and he said they are having a great time. Weather is dry and sunny today, much the same as it is here.

They all went to the ring at 8am this morning when it opened and had some laps with less traffic. Bignum has been filming his laps so hopefully we will all get to see some great footage when they get back.

When I spoke to him earlier they were chilling at the hotel and were going back this afternoon for more fun :)

If I hear anymore I'll let you know.

Just gutted my car problem stopped me going:(