The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring: 5th~10th July - write-up

Tom S

Henk - Cheers mate, but I don't think you could handle her. She likes her men like her cars: Sporty, good looking, and fast (when they need to be), yet able to fit in tight spots. :D

D-bone - Shall I bring some Kokanee? :D I'll try to bring down an assortment of German beers, but the selection in the local area down there is good just in case I can't find the time.

Steve - Thanks for room. Let me know about costs. If German is needed, drop me the number and I'll call the guy. I'll look into cider.

Robbie - Let me know asap if you're going to take Steve up on that room or stay with us Thursday nite so I can straighten the spare bedroom up and stock the fridge. ;)

Tom - Going well. I'll be able to match that 53 pound if not better it. Thanks. Excellent selection you've put together. OSH is one of my favorites.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J spec Germany:) Thanks ever so much for your offer of hospitality but I think I'll go with the room if possible as Its near the track . Ive got to travel the other days from Dusseldorf so this would be the only day i'd get a early start onto the ring:d.

D-bone - Shall I bring some Kokanee? :D I'll try to bring down an assortment of German beers, but the selection in the local area down there is good just in case I can't find the time.

Ah cool.. you had me worried that good beer might be hard to find or something..... If that's the case then dont worry bout it.. I'm sure I'll find some good stuff.

Aw man.. dont even joke about Canadian beer.. i swear that's one of the best things about going home.

Steve - Thanks for room. Let me know about costs. If German is needed, drop me the number and I'll call the guy. I'll look into cider.

All sorted matey, the chap I've been in touch with has handled everything for me and speaks very good English so don't sweat it - thanks for the offer though! :)

Any predictions for the weather?

Looks like it's improving from pretty rubbish at the moment but I don't want to doom things by expecting sunshine.

Fingers crossed though eh. Least year we were there for 3 days and it was 30degrees every day; with 5 days there this year I'd hope we get at least some dry spells!!

It is a mountainoous region though so vulvernable to rapid changes, and also different weather at different points on the same lap! Assume nothing! ;)

Just got in from fitting cameras in car, anyone else doing any recording?

Might have a crappy setup installed before we go, but then again I might not... lol :D

The main thing is - I HAVE changed my boot rubbers! :D That is NOT a fun job, lol.

Glad you're ok about the B&B thingy Si, I could see that going horribly wrong last night when I wrote the post but was stuck betweena rock and a hard place! All good though, so I'll breathe a sigh of relief :)

Ok boys.. sounds like we're on our way. I assume Steve will have Kate out in the sun polishing his motor for the show and shine (man he's car her trained proper) - *waits for lambasting*

Robbie, I'm just 27 minutes from Dusseldorf down the A46.

Fellas - The weather has been pure sh*t here the last week, raining off and on with periods of sunshine. That means it's gotta dry up and be nice for a few days. Fingers crossed. I hope your cam setups are fairly stealth, or you'll be flagged by the marshalls and told to remove them, or even worse, be faced with a temporary ban. Not good on a 5 day weekend.

If you'd all like, you can pass by the house on the way home for a proper meal and a beer, tools if you need em.

Tom - Going well. I'll be able to match that 53 pound if not better it. Thanks. Excellent selection you've put together. OSH is one of my favorites.

Mike,

if I'd been coming there would have been like loads more mate ;)

Have a great time you lot, just wish I was coming with you :( I'm sure I'll catch up with you all through the rest of this year.

Drive safe and don't take any risks. I'll give you a bell later this week Si to see how you are getting on :)

Enjoy yourselves lads :cool:

Have a great time you lot, just wish I was coming with you :( I'm sure I'll catch up with you all through the rest of this year.

Drive safe and don't take any risks. I'll give you a bell later this week Si to see how you are getting on :)

Enjoy yourselves lads :cool:

Cheers m8 and thanks for the oil, catch ya soon.

OK, car is packed, everything on the car checked, double checked and just in case checked one more time.

Apart from stuff for me personally, I have brought bike helmet (you guys might not all have one) as well as every fluid known to man that the car might need, I got spare bulbs (though could not find compatible main beam ones), fuses and all the stuff on Steve's PM list etc. etc.

Quick reminder turn your radios to Channel 5 05 as you get to Dover and we'll see if we can meet up the easy way.

I've texted SteveR with a backup channel of 7 07. (as he is not looking at the forum anymore)

Anyone who might be abel to take Ian's place at this, the 11th hour and 45 minutes stage, please contact him initially to sort out ferry crossing details and then call me on my mobile so we can sort everything else out (Ian will give you the number when you speak to him). I won't be checking the forum after I post this - I'll be packing and setting off. :)

Weather has improved radically from this morning over here. The wind has dropped and the rains stopped finally. By the looks of it we are in for a quiet nights weather. Dunno how long its gonna hold for.

Thanks for the update :thumbs: I checked BBC and they reckon (touch wood) it'll continue to improve during our visit. Fingers crossed!! :)