The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring: 5th~10th July - write-up

Tom S

Well Steve I've told my Sister In Law's hubby that Le Mans is off the agenda for me next year, so you'd better be going. ;)

For me, the pull of the place in no particular order is:

The company, the circuit, petrolheads fest, and the craic.

Ok so there won't be any of the racing, but the above will replace what I think has been lost for me at Le Mans.

So if i start saving about £20/week I should have enough? ;)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Steve I've told my Sister In Law's hubby that Le Mans is off the agenda for me next year, so you'd better be going. ;)

For me, the pull of the place in no particular order is:

The company, the circuit, petrolheads fest, and the craic.

Ok so there won't be any of the racing, but the above will replace what I think has been lost for me at Le Mans.

So if i start saving about £20/week I should have enough? ;)

:gets calculator out:

Yep! A grand is enough money to do a 5 day/night trip reasonable justice. We found some nice places to eat that didn't cost a fortune when we were there - wherever I go ineth world I always think local's recommendations are a good idea regardless, but these seemed to actually save us money as well as being good! :)

Tyre wear is minimal, fuel, ferry crossings, food, petrol there and back and ~15 laps (inc tickets) I'd include in that grand, but would recommend an oil change (at least) before going, which I've not accounted for.

I can't wait to go back, I'll definitely be there! :) As soon as the dates for next year are anounced, I'll start a thread ;) Expect that to be February~ish though. :(

• 1 month later...
Any vids yet people? :)

I've done vids of both my trips. But got no place to host them.

Anyone know of any vid hosting sites that are FREE ?

Not really a fan of youtube as they are well known these days for prying eyes by the law and criminals wanting to steal car details etc.

Sorry guys, I've been floored with a horrible illness for months now. All the video clips are now categorised but not made into anything yet.

Sorry for the delay but my illness prevented me from making any progress...

I will have it done, bear with me....

Buck up little camper. Not to worry Henk. I know how it can be mate. I'm sick as a dog atm as well, as is Carly. I came back from Norway Friday and went straight to a wine festival an hour south of the Ring. Saturday nite came and my sickness crept in. I've been living next to a box of kleenex ever since. Can't wait to see some of the footage. Give us a teezer!

• 2 weeks later...

Unknown what the laptime would have been were it not for a nasty bike accident on the back side just after Adenau bridge, but my buddy and I have done several laps together in both cars and we estimate it would've been around a 9:05-9:15. That was on worn tires/brakes and really tired suspension with the car still limited. I hit the limiter three times on that lap, but the best part is the last 2 mins. As we neared the 170 degree right hander just prior to the first carossel, we caught a bunch of lap traffic that had slowed down due the accident. We passed some of them and then caught up to two M3CSLs and an R33 GTR. We passed the the two M3s and then I caught the GTR right at the bridge as we finished. I don't know if it was the fastest lap I've ever done, but it felt like it. I can't wait until the cars' delimited, the new tires, Teins, and big brakes all around go on this winter. I did a lap in the BMW a week ago with some friends... it was slow... ok... the 540i is a tank on chocolate rollerskates, but we had fun. I got passed by that black VW bus that has the transplanted 3.6 litre Porker motor. Friend got it on video and I have the window down as he screams by. LOL. Good times.

March it'll probably still be under snow Si, keep an eye on the official site for them posting up when it's open to us tourists. Easter is traditionally a massive(ly busy) weekend because it's usually the first full weekend it's open to the public, but expect lots of numpties & crashes (i.e. closures). Have a read of the trip reports on http://www.nurburgring.org.uk for what to expect. :)

I want to go back again net year, but have plans which might scupper that - I'm going to sell my Supe :eek: :cry: and look at getting a facelift RSP that I'll BPU then look at modding a bit more seriously... I want to slowly but surely start building a track weapon but don't want to mod mine as in my mind it'd be nothing short of a crime - it's one of the few remaining stock Supras...

March it'll probably still be under snow Si, keep an eye on the official site for them posting up when it's open to us tourists. Easter is traditionally a massive(ly busy) weekend because it's usually the first full weekend it's open to the public, but expect lots of numpties & crashes (i.e. closures). Have a read of the trip reports on http://www.nurburgring.org.uk for what to expect. :)

I want to go back again net year, but have plans which might scupper that - I'm going to sell my Supe :eek: :cry: and look at getting a facelift RSP that I'll BPU then look at modding a bit more seriously... I want to slowly but surely start building a track weapon but don't want to mod mine as in my mind it'd be nothing short of a crime - it's one of the few remaining stock Supras...

NO, cant believe your selling it, be nice to keep yours locked away and get something to mod, let me know what you decide on.

NO, cant believe your selling it, be nice to keep yours locked away and get something to mod, let me know what you decide on.

I've decided to get something that will keep up with you ;)

Seriously though, I'm not in a rush to sell, but will be in a rush to replace it once it's gone. I'm still not sure it's me, talking about selling my P&J, but I know what I want ultimately and it's got to be done. I'll not be able to watch when it sells and gets collected... :(