The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring: 5th~10th July - write-up

Tom S

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are possibilities Steve. I'm working on it. That photo with the bears is a daily occurrance. I believe I had one up with a bear giving me the stare down over his shoulder. I had a fish on and wasn't about to let go. I'd say he was about 20 meters away at his closest.

Go AWOL Mike :lol:

Would be a shame not to catch up again hope you can get it sorted mate

I'm still looking at the dates and hoping brother. Believe me, I wanna be there. I'm now thinking about building a Rex specifically for the Ring (they just handle better than a supra), but will still keep my Supra. As soon as I have a departure date for Alaska, I'll let you guys know. Confirm you'll be there on the 5th of July?

Hi steve, sorry i missed you the other day at steves, is there any more info on where we are staying mate.

Yeah I didn't get there till late. Shame about that - I hadn't realised you were going (in fact I didn't even know about the BBQ at all 'till the day before! lol)

Not yet - TBH I kinda forgot that I was going to call them and ask about things like en-suite etc - I was just relieved that we'd found somewhere! I was sent photos of the rooms in one of the 3 houses we're staying at which I can send on if you're interested. They don't show much bar a nice clean room with a bed in it; which is the key bit. Most of the time we'll be out, including in the evenings, anyway. :)

Can you & your associates reply to my most recent PM please Si? I'll chase up on the details of the accomodation.

All: I'll send out a final PM with the room details, last few details about the trip, list of stuff to remember, etc in the next week or so (bit busy this week/end). Some rooms will have 1 person in, some 2, and one room may have to squeeze 3 people in. If anyone has any strong feelings on who they'd be happy(/unhappy!) to share with, please let me know now.

1 month today and we'll be there! :)

Steve - it can be a bit of a mission planning an event like this can't it ;)

Not too long before the trip.... I'm sure the newbies to the track will absolutely love it !!

It's all good - I like organising things and am glad to reutn the favour of you showing me the way there (allbeit to different people - but you get my drift) :)

Can't wait to be back :D

Hi Guys

just browsing through your thread, just to let you know I will be there with the green kermit Friday through to Monday I will look for you in the car park, I notice some have been before but if I can be of any help just let me know. see you there

Hi Guys

just browsing through your thread, just to let you know I will be there with the green kermit Friday through to Monday I will look for you in the car park, I notice some have been before but if I can be of any help just let me know. see you there

No problem mr kermit, i`m sure we will spot that green thing a mile off,:D ,just got a few things to do on the car now, rollcage seats, harnesses etc.Is it worth taking a spare set of brake pads along, obviously with 3 days ring driving is it likely`i`ll wear a set out?.

best thing to do is to check your pads before you go, personaly I dont bother to take any, just more stuff to put in the car, and ring racing stock the pad I use as a last resort, but I do have a good look at how much pad is left before I leave, I use Forodo ds3000 on the front, that is a very hard race pad, if you are using a softer pad and you are going to do a lot of laps then it might be prudent to take a spare set but it is very unlikly you will go through a set of pads in one weekend as the ring is not all that heavy on breaks and if you havnt got an annual transponder maybe the cost will determin how many laps you do.

roll cage, harness ect, seems you mean business,, are you planning to use it a lot on track.

sorry all, Aristo will be off road so can't make it. Really cheesed off. If any one has not booked a ferry for this please let me know and I will let you use mine.

cheers

Tom

PS Mike, sorry dude:(

Totally unsat Tom. Good thing I haven't bought the Gin yet.. Oye... what about my Spitfire! Why don't you find a way to make it mate?

Tom :(

In, out, in, out... reminds me of a song. ;)

thanks Guys but Aristo off the road, nothing I can do, Exhaust repair is like 4 days