The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring: 5th~10th July - write-up

Tom S

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, excellent. I'm sure we can fit a couple of extras in - do you guys (Burna & Martin) want putting down on the list? It would be fantastic if you could come, I'm sure you'd love it.

Regarding hotels, there are the usual suspects but I've been extending my search a little. I think we'll struggle to stay anywhere that is very close to the ring as there is a truck grand prix on that weekend and the Ringhaus is already full - so I suspect the 'hotel-an-der-nordschleife' will be, too. I've found that a lot of the hotels ramp their prices up when there is a major event on, too. However, some of those that are a little way away are supposedly much cheaper, yet provide the same facilities.... I shall investigate the northloop forum and the nurbugring.org.uk forums a bit more fully then make a few enquiries with hotels.

I'll update the main post with attendees Ian - that way everyone knows where we stand.

I'm happy to take 8 in total (possibly 10) but not too keen to organise anything bigger than that at this stage as the convoy there & back becomes a complete fricking nightmare - as does finding accomodation that can take us all. :)

Hotels - I've been looking through past recommendations on the ringers forums (including those suggested) but will contact the hotels & guesthouses directly as availability will be stretched due to the truck GP. I'm hoping I'll get us somewhere at approx 35~40 Euros for a single, and max 50~60 Euros for a double (inc tax).

I'm pretty sure I've got us a return ferry sorted for £27.... niiiiiiice :cool:

Details of the hotel & ferry (key bits!) will be confirmed within the next 10 days so get your credit cards ready chaps...

Ok Steve if you need posts removing are anything tidying give me a shout will do for you.

Cheers dude. Is there any way of giving me mod control of this thread or do I just hassel you each time? ;)

If you could clear away all the attendance lists (bar the master in my 2nd? post) that would be good please mate :thumbs:

Cheers dude. Is there any way of giving me mod control of this thread or do I just hassel you each time? ;)

If you could clear away all the attendance lists (bar the master in my 2nd? post) that would be good please mate :thumbs:

I don't think so just keep hassling me :D

Ste how much will the whole trip cost in total mate? Rough idea will do :)

Just for you Burna....

I've done a spreadsheet so people can tweak the various costs to their hearts content. Check out the FAQ on page 1 where I have attached it. :)

As time moves on more and more of the costs will be defined (ferry & hotel most notably). That will give us a better picture but I've done my best for now.

Attending this event

Places are strictly limited due to logistical reasons (convoy & hotel)

1. SteveR (+ Kate), silver TT6

2. Ian R, silver (will be T78 by then)

3. Bignum, red TT6+passenger

4. [Andy Jones, Impreza]+passenger

5. [Dave Salisbury, porker c4s]

6. Hen4732, Silver TT Auto

7. Martin R, Black NA Aerotop

-- Reserves --

NB: Please let me know if you are bringing any partners/passengers and/or if you're happy to share a room with others on the trip, so that the hotel I find has the required number of single/twin/double rooms. :thumbs:

ive added a couple of passengers steve,,sorry

Well well well.. I suppose I'm going to have to throw my name in the hat, being that I'm only 75 mins away. My house is still open as an option before/after and in between. Haven't commited to Gatebil yet either. I'm dead tired and need a nap, so I'll hit this up later. Forgot JAE was same time frame.

Everyone - sorry I've been away a bit recently, work is a bit mental right now. It will put back the hotel organising slightly but I'll still get that sorted over the weekend I hope. :)

Those going, I need to know your room requirements - please PM me.

Well well well.. I suppose I'm going to have to throw my name in the hat, being that I'm only 75 mins away. My house is still open as an option before/after and in between. Haven't commited to Gatebil yet either. I'm dead tired and need a nap, so I'll hit this up later. Forgot JAE was same time frame.

Good lad :)

• 2 weeks later...