The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring: 5th~10th July - write-up

Tom S

Not even 2 weeks now people, cars comin together, everyone else ready?, i cant believe we dont know where we are staying yet,,, or shall i take a tent

Accommodation is sorted Si! - what do you think my major headache was all those weeks ago! :p

Rest assured, you all have beds. :)

Got an oil change to do, a few other things that I'll no doubt leave till the last minute, and then I'm ready. :D

Not looking forward to the sleepless night on the way to Dover...

I'll try to get that last PM sent tomorrow - which will include the detail of the accomodation - just making sure I've covered everything then it'll be sent out. Sorted :)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

PM me costs, will send you money which ever way you want.

Do you remember Glenn from last year (my Aussie mate) he has the cash for you from me. Let me know how much and if you want euro's or dollars!! I'll send a couple of cases of beer also, or should I send the value in beers??

I'd like a mix of both Tom. Will let you know. At least two cases of beer though, with a nice mix. 12'er of Caffreys would make the wifey really happy. It's her favorite. I like just about everything, but prefer darker beers from ales on up. Not much of pilsner guy, but a man's gotta' do what a man's gotta' do. Glenn's face isn't coming to me at the moment, but I'm sure when he starts talking, I'll know who he is. LOL.

Just about to send final PM to everyone going. Less than a week to go now! :)

EDIT - I lied, sort of :( The B&B man isn't home tonight so the PM is writetn but waiting for that lsat bit of info from him before I hit send. Watch this space (well, your PM inbox) tomorrow night! :)

Can D-Bone & Bignum PM me their mobile number, if you don't mind me having it?

(I've got Martin, Ian, Henk, & Robbie's already.)

Unfortunately Martin R won't be coming (or at least his car won't) as his Supe suffered a recent blow out which has damaged the suspension :(

Robbie - I just tried to cal you but got your answerphone - if you spot this can you give me a shout back/PM to confirm you're tagging along, please? Cheers!

if you haven't got a PMR, but want to get one, these do the job and are only £35. :)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5530434/Trail/C%24cip%3D50277.Office%2C%2BPC%2Band%2Bphones%3EC%24cip%3D50351.Two-way%2Bradios.htm

...passes the time as we can all chat whilst driving over in Europe and it makes it easier announce turnings coming up (e.g. leaving the motorway and not getting caught out mid-overtake) and easier to organise any required fuel/unforseen stops.

Whatever PMR you get, if you decide to get one (I'd like each car to have one if possible), make sure it's got the main channels and the sub ones, too. The above link has, and also a claimed 5km range (i.e. should cope with the convoy when we're spread out over half a mile, unlike the claimed 2km range ones which aren't brilliant)

See you guys there !!!!

I know my name isn't on the list but that was because my plans were not definite until a number of weeks ago and also because my group of cars are going the Hull-Rotterdam route, so didn't want to confuse things.

We will be at the track next Friday afternoon also.

See you there Aron! :) are you doing another all-nighter from Newcastle? I will be from Worcester as the Travelodge cheapo rooms had all gone back in March and I'm too tight to pay full whack - saving every penny for laps! ;)

(p.s. I thought you were wanting to keep your trip hush hush, for fear of prying eyes??)

We definitely should try for a huuge 'parade' lap all together at some point (your trip people, 'my' people, and the RX7/MX5 chaps who were there last year too - they'll be there at the same time as us lot, too.) :)

I hope that not aimed at me! Especially as you owe me a lot of money young steve!

Did you see me quoting you? :p

Aron told me via PM a while back he was going to be at the Ring at the same time as us lot, but to keep stum on the public areas of the forum... :sly:

P.S. You'll get you £24 for JAE + £30(?) for oil, project manager's honour! :)

Wow.. less the one week to go... Had a bit of a crisis at work last week regarding my time off, but all has been averted (er.. at least until I get back)

I'm really looking foward to this trip. This is only my 2nd trip to mainland Europe (I'm a Canuck), and 1st time driving on the normal (at least for me) side of the road while sitting on the right hand side of the car... should be interesting.

I'm planning on leaving my house at 1am thrusday so please excuse me if I'm a little dozy on the ferry ride. At least the a303 and m3 should be clear at that time.

If anyone want's to meet up on the 303/m3 let me know.. my mobile is 07914 793594

Kate (my gf) and I will be leaving Worcester at about midnight, give or take. I'll be tired too! ;)

Figured the 2 hour crossing will give us at least a small opportunity to have a doze, but we're not in any rush when we get to the other side as the track doesn't open till 5:45pm and the B&Bs can't take us until 2pm - so plenty of stops on the way and maybe even a quick nap when we arrive and we should all be fine :)

Final PMs of information have now been sent! BooYakaSha!

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeew! :)

I spoke to the B&B owner earlier tonight and he basically said I seemed to have organised everything to the 'nth' degree - high praise coming from a German! (or does that mean it be taken as criticism?! lol) :D

See you there Aron! :) are you doing another all-nighter from Newcastle? I will be from Worcester as the Travelodge cheapo rooms had all gone back in March and I'm too tight to pay full whack - saving every penny for laps! ;)

(p.s. I thought you were wanting to keep your trip hush hush, for fear of prying eyes??)

We definitely should try for a huuge 'parade' lap all together at some point (your trip people, 'my' people, and the RX7/MX5 chaps who were there last year too - they'll be there at the same time as us lot, too.) :)

We are setting off from Cumbria at around 3pm on the Thursday and catching the overnight ferry from Hull at 8pm.

The 'other' situation I believe now won't be a problem. ;)

(All this probably sounds really wierd to other people reading this but don't worry, its nothing serious ;) )

Parade laps are great.... (I promise I'll hit the proper gears this time !! Appologies once again for scaring any of you last year on the parade lap - it was not a planned maneouvre).

I over-heard a few people talking about the Supras on the track in the car park and over the PMRs last year. So it definitely makes an impact parading these cars around such a place.