The mkiv Supra Owners Club

seriously front mounted intercooler

Guest no1_boyracer

looks like it was conceived by Scrap Heap Challenge contestants whilst in an opium den.

and the prize for quote of the week must surely go to .... CW!

I`m ever so thankful this f**kup on wheels is several hundred miles away...

.... however my sympathies go out to those nearby Supra owners:( .

(@ boy_racer: can`t you detect some kind of message yet??)

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force last night.

It was the sound of a thousand Supras crying.

Any bets on how long it'll take for constantly cleaning the corrosion off to lose it's appeal to Mr Racer? I give it... December.

-Ian

its not too my taste, its different i'll give you that:d but im not going to slag you off, or make sarcastic comments towards you, because of a choice you made on your car, like some members have, each to their own at the end of the day :thumbs:

its not too my taste, its different i'll give you that:d but im not going to slag you off, or make sarcastic comments towards you, because of a choice you made on your car, like some members have, each to their own at the end of the day :thumbs:

I wasn't gonna bother to comment on this but ................ well said dude:d

OK, we all have our opinions but can't we let the guy get on with it? So what if people don't like it? At the end of the day - what does it really matter?

This is mob mentality - should we ALL post up plans of any mods/changes to our cars prior to fitting just in case the 'mob' don't approve??

Give the guy a break

I think with that EMIC fitted there'll be a bit of an efficiency loss???

Better fit one of these to ensure good air flow:

http://www.airscooter.com/assets/all%20eng%20&%20prop%20copy.jpg

Can someone photoshop it on there to see how good it looks. I'm betting it'll be radical safe cool ;) :D

I'm not sure about efficiency losses in this case. Not without measurements.

I had been running an externally-mounted intercooler on a bike of mine (no ducting, it was hanging off the frame on the left) and it was working quite well. My left knee was acting as a temp sensor, lol.

But these are different times, and anyone with a stanley knife can slash the exposed silicone hoses, or even cut them off and walk away with the intercooler.

He'd be doing you a favour he he...

Guest sicarius123

Ahaha, cools pretty well being at the front?

Okay, think of air like sheep. They will go the easiest way of least resistance. Intercooler in front bar the air is channelled in there, the easiest way for the air to keep going is to go through the intercooler.

Now, put the intercooler IN FRONT of the front bar, oh wow, easiest way for air to go is AROUND the intercooler now and over the car.

You've just decreased the cooling capacity of your car.

Dan.

Ahaha, cools pretty well being at the front?

Okay, think of air like sheep. They will go the easiest way of least resistance. Intercooler in front bar the air is channelled in there, the easiest way for the air to keep going is to go through the intercooler.

Now, put the intercooler IN FRONT of the front bar, oh wow, easiest way for air to go is AROUND the intercooler now and over the car.

You've just decreased the cooling capacity of your car.

Dan.

first Aussie i've ever known that's made any sense.

well done that man :D

ps

just kidding ;)

Guest sicarius123
Lol- you might aswell leave £500 cash under your wipers at night...

I hope he didn't pay 500 pounds for that intercooler. I know people with oil coolers that big on their cars :p

Also another point I forgot to mention earlier. He does realise that longer cooler piping = slower throttle response right?

Nic, joined up here a while ago to view some things, just never posted before :)

Dan.

I hope he didn't pay 500 pounds for that intercooler. I know people with oil coolers that big on their cars :p

Also another point I forgot to mention earlier. He does realise that longer cooler piping = slower throttle response right?

Nic, joined up here a while ago to view some things, just never posted before :)

Dan.

Dude, the guy said "what's the point of an FMIC if you can't see it", thus demonstrating all he knows about this subject :)

I can hear it corroding from here...

-Ian