The mkiv Supra Owners Club

seriously front mounted intercooler

Guest no1_boyracer

Poor sod. He isn;t the 1st person in the worls to place a fmic on the outside of his bodywork, but certainly the first Supra owner in the uk to do so.

I hope that he sees the light and puts it back where it belongs. Taste is a very subjective thing, however just froma safety viewpoint, that's got to be a goodamned dangerous place for metal that can

A) Split in the vent of a collision with a pedestrian.

B) Split in the event of a collision with a motorcyclist.

Please mate if you see this, really REALLY consider where you've put that and stick it back where it belongs.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think this has been done to this extremembefore on a supra - but i always thought - what is the point of having a front mount if ya cant see it.

Gregg tried to make me change my mind but i didnt listen lol.

The guys at turbofit were there till 7 at night doing this - but it is 1 amazing job - the welds are perfection!!

Before ya say- it does actually cool the car big time!! - despire being slim - the fact that its at the front and gets 100% cooling makes it work really really well. and the dump valve on the outside makes EVERYONE jump lol.

what ya think - extreme????

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/danniboi4u/frontmount001.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/danniboi4u/frontmount002.jpg

sorry mate but that is just dropping the cars reputation down to that of a chavved up corsa/saxo.:rolleyes:

put it behind the bumper and duct it to make sure you get good airflow through it!

Its no sodding wonder I can't even sell my car at £3k. Last time I saw a trick like this was on a f*cking w*nky assed XR2 turbo. It looked sh*t on that car and dare I say it even more F*cking sh*t on this one. Dude there are very limited supplies of aerotop TT's why in Gods name did you have to pick on one of the few remaining ones??? If heat exchangers were meant to go externally don't you think the worlds engineers would have come up with the idea by now??

I wish I had as much available credit as you seem to have to buy, and spend money destroying a perfectly good car

It hasnt even dented my love of the Supra. If anything, it makes me love my Supra more.

wish i shared your enthusiasm even after a colour change my enthusiasm is waning looking at chaved up shit like this, i think someones idea of a TVR is sounding good

It hasnt even dented my love of the Supra. If anything, it makes me love my Supra more.

Thats cos yours doesn't make you look like a c*nt

About 2 years ago when neons first emerged under supras and I tut tutted I was told to stop being so judgemental. Then rapidly afterwards followed shopping lists. After that followed all over body graphics. Over time full "custom" cars appeared (read w*nked up stupid multi colour cars that would be perfectly at home in noddys little world). Sub woofers the size of watford followed. All round silver tints were snapping at the heels of veelside genuwine bodykits all round (well the front bumper anyway). I sold up and got the hell out as prices were starting to drop. Now they are in free fall and theres no stopping it. The guys that told me stop being so negative about "the new arrivals" are starting to see the value of their cars being frightfully less than they could ever have anticipated. It won't be long now before Ripspeed is selling a full supra body kit with lights in it for £200 with quality to match.

Well, you've got some bollocks for having the fmic fitted where you have, an they must be pretty big buggers to put the photo's on here. Each to their own mate, but to be honest, the guys have said it, an now i'll say it, it looks kin stupid an its dangerous. Do the right thing an get it sorted. :)

About 2 years ago when neons first emerged under supras and I tut tutted I was told to stop being so judgemental. Then rapidly afterwards followed shopping lists. After that followed all over body graphics. Over time full "custom" cars appeared (read w*nked up stupid multi colour cars that would be perfectly at home in noddys little world). Sub woofers the size of watford followed. All round silver tints were snapping at the heels of veelside genuwine bodykits all round (well the front bumper anyway). I sold up and got the hell out as prices were starting to drop. Now they are in free fall and theres no stopping it. The guys that told me stop being so negative about "the new arrivals" are starting to see the value of their cars being frightfully less than they could ever have anticipated. It won't be long now before Ripspeed is selling a full supra body kit with lights in it for £200 with quality to match.

here here:yeahthat:

wish i shared your enthusiasm even after a colour change my enthusiasm is waning looking at chaved up shit like this, i think someones idea of a TVR is sounding good

Christ this has hit a few guys hard. :(

Looks like the value of my car has just risen then. An almost stock Supra is going to be a very rare beast before long if the chavs keep doing crap like this to them.

Can someone please deport that PoS to Japan - I'm sure it'd find a happy home alongside some of their vans...

Guest gzaerojon

only just read this post....

and i must say thank you.

you have given me so much hope, i can now go and see my bank manager about that loan i was thinking of getting for a car i would like to buy

what do you guys think??

Well said that man! :D

Seriously, this is a wind-up yeah?

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to set up poll vote to see how many days till put back into place were it belongs.

This must be one of the most craziest mods I have ever seen :( :( :(

TOTALY no respect for the SUPRA's outstanding shape & curves of a supercar