lol,is that a mini metro 6R4?

not sure, but it's definatly jazz1 candy :D

speaking of which, where is he tonight :search:

he would be in his element :eyebrows:

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i give up. keep bitching. so far i have had shit for having a body kit, shit for having lambo doors - iv been told that aeros are less valuable that the hard top equivilant. i expected some oposition to the front mount but not this much. the way foreward for supras is to go more extreme - face it -they are cheap OLD cars now - its either modify them or everyone will lose interest.

Here's some more shit

Wayne wait till you see his new 300ZX TT he is going to do the same thing with the front mount but light it up with blue neon, check up from the neck up I think:)

Anyone know where we can get help on the cheap for IAN:d

Greg at least when it over heats like a Fooker he'll see the light of Day!!

So please tell me your insurance company have approved an external FMIC sorry EMIC. I suspect not as the risk of theft of exposed parts is high. Your chances of being sued if you hit someone, is much increased, as their injuries WILL be worse than on any other nose design.

From the technical point of view, if your IC position were that efficient then the big manufacturers would have done it in competition years ago. The reason they don’t is as has been pointed out, air will take the path of least resistance, there is no ram effect so efficiency will be low. The reason your intake pipe feels cool is because it is not in the engine bay. Charge temps can still be low despite the out side of the pipe feeling warm to the touch as there is little heat added to the charge by the pipes. I am sure it does provide some cooling. I recently registered 7C at the TB (Throttle body) while the outside of the pipe was still warm from a 5 minute period at tick over. The charge temperature did not drop lower than 7C even when the pipe was cold.

Your first post shows you have very limited technical understanding.

"but i always thought - what is the point of having a front mount if ya cant see it.

The point is it is a functional part, it is not designed to be seen, it is designed reduce charge temperatures. It is a heat exchanger. To be effective heat exchangers need to be in forced air flow. Any air that can get round rather than through the heat exchanger a loss of cooling efficiency. It is well known that poorly ducted FMIC behind the bumper do not provide as effective cooling as a properly ducted one, despite both being in a forced air situation.

Unfortunately it is your car so you can do what you like with it. Why did you choose a MKIV to do this too. This has to be a joke, a wind up, a photoshop. No one who had any respect for the heritage of the MKIV marquee, would stoop so low as to degrade the car in such away.

I think it looks fucking shit and is totally bollocks, bloody stupid, pretentious and dangerous. (Mods please ban me or do I need to try harder.)

A sad day for MKIV.net We have recently lost some very valuable members with a vast amount of knowledge and expertise, I suspect that we will lose more if this is an example of how new owners wish to develop their cars. :attention:

Can something just be cleared up.

This was fitted by Turbofit. Am I correct? If so, then does this mean that they are more than happy to take the money even if they know something is wrong, stupid, dangerous(?) and might show them in a bad light?

If It were my business I would try and talk the customer out of this *cough* mod however much money he has and if I couldn't convince him I'd refuse the job and stick my boot up his arse.

That EMIC is a disgrace and all involved should be ashamed.

I'm sure that this is another nail in the coffin and I'd like someone to give me the amount of money that has just been wiped of my Supras value.

This was fitted by Turbofit. Am I correct? If so, then does this mean that they are more than happy to take the money even if they know something is wrong, stupid, dangerous(?)

Lets not start turning this into a supplier bashing like most of the threads go, this one was doing enough bashing on it is own of the FMIC.

I have to admit it's not really the greatest mod in the world for a number of reasons but having said that this is ONE supra in the whole of the UK that we've seen with it (apart from that Tescos one anyway).

I think after seeing the photos most people with Supras will see it as a lesson on what NOT to do as opposed to getting the idea to copy it.

not really much for us to worry about imo, he's just going to look like a bit of a tit and worry about people nicking his BOV and FMIC.