The mkiv Supra Owners Club

seriously front mounted intercooler

Guest no1_boyracer

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rlol:

The OP's last post in this thread was post #50!!!!!! (Yes I know he's banned now)

602 post later and it's still going lmao

In the time that has elapsed since then just think how many "goes" he's had at his chosen profession. I bet he's got an arse like a missing manhole cover...!!

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I like how extreme it is. Wouldn't do it myself mainly because I prefer the stock look and the practicality of stock as a every day car. It would however get a load of attention/publicity at meets etc. As they say, any publicity is good publicity...

I'd happily walk into the show car area of a meet and admire the work done, as long as it's done perfectly as a show car should be.

You may all hate it but by talking about it you're drawing more attention to it :)

I like how extreme it is. Wouldn't do it myself mainly because I prefer the stock look and the practicality of stock as a every day car. It would however get a load of attention/publicity at meets etc. As they say, any publicity is good publicity...

I'd happily walk into the show car area of a meet and admire the work done, as long as it's done perfectly as a show car should be.

You may all hate it but by talking about it you're drawing more attention to it :)

It's more the fact that it simply doesn't work - fashion went well before understanding what an intercooler actually does.

Anyway, this thread is definitely in my top 5 of all time.

It's more the fact that it simply doesn't work - fashion went well before understanding what an intercooler actually does.

Anyway, this thread is definitely in my top 5 of all time.

I don't fancy scrolling through page after page of comments but has there been any evidence to show if it works better or worse than the usual way fmic are set up?

I'm not saying it does or doesn't work and quite frankly I could care less. But I'm asking more towards resolving the issue of whether it works or not.

Or is what you mean by "its doesn't work" is that you think It looks horrendous?

I don't fancy scrolling through page after page of comments but has there been any evidence to show if it works better or worse than the usual way fmic are set up?

I'm not saying it does or doesn't work and quite frankly I could care less. But I'm asking more towards resolving the issue of whether it works or not.

Or is what you mean by "its doesn't work" is that you think It looks horrendous?

All the air will just flow around the intercooler instead of being forced through the core like a properly ducted intercooler. It would be next to useless plus it would get shot to death by shrapnel in no time.

All the air will just flow around the intercooler instead of being forced through the core like a properly ducted intercooler. It would be next to useless plus it would get shot to death by shrapnel in no time.

Well yeah that's what everyone will obviously think and it's very interesting. However my point still stands. Where is the EVIDENCE that says it does or it doesn't work better than a normally fitted fmic? (Pictures/videos of readings/testing etc etc.) Because at the moment the next guy is just repeating the last.

I'm not saying that it's down to everyone else to prove it's wrong but if you're going to say "it doesn't work" at least provide evidence, because he's saying it does work. So Its just your word against his