The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West - Previous Meets

Ian Ian

Waht date for Mascrat replacement  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Waht date for Mascrat replacement

• Same day as Mascrat and stuff the management
    • Different Date to Mascrat - Then people can do both :(
    • I'm never going back to Mascrat (In a Jap Car)!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rovervi: just a bit futher for you I'm afraid.

Leon: Friday night is sound in principle but unfortunately the pubs tend to get busy for the very same reason you suggested it.

Tom S: Yeah I'm thinking that Mascrat has held it's last - I get the feeling from the JapNorthWest Forum that the owners are taking abuse so the meet is probably losing credibility with the owners, and I wouldn't want to be near when they eventually turn cars away - I can imagine it might get a bit ugly, and I wouldn't want our club associated with it.

Wiggin tree might be an option - Whilst I'm conscious that I don't want to move too far from the regulars who travel North from Stoke and Staffs, I'm also thinking it might be nice to try and entice some of the Lancaster guys back and some of the Yorkshire tribe across. Ross and Suzy (Kn1ght) mentioned that they would be interested in a more central meet (West of Leeds)

Mike

I would attend a different meet but dont want to speak for the others:p...im sure they will post, we have a couple of other guys who come with us and they dont own Supras.....yet;)

Open to suggestions on the venue:d

Great Gathering

as we turned up we did think the place was a little small (it always looked bigger in the photgraphs)

up for anothe venue (supra's etc ) as its good to see your friends etc

jamie

In contrast I couldn't give a monkeys about the other jap models as they are not as nice as the Supra.......:sly: H.

bit personal so that's me not allowed then?

As for the other makes and models, even the owners can see the supra is then top dog;)

Adam, I can go off people

Well looks like it was a good one to miss! I was going to come down later on but glad that I didnt now.

It had been mentioned afew times in the last few months about the non-jap cars and townies turning up. Maybe its for the best we have a change, its defo not worth the hassel of having anything happen to your car or the police making life hard for us all.

I will defo be keeping my eyes open for new places when I eventually get out and about again.

I've just got back from camping & missed mascrat on monday!.. Just read through the thread and i'm gutted to say the least!... I can't see why JNW can't find another, bigger location. It was getting a bit of a joke trying to squeeze onto the car park and then re-arranging cars when people were leaving. I quite liked wandering around looking at all the different cars. Lets be honest, there were some awesome one's, not just supras! I'm sure there are a few of us that would trade in for a R34 GTR Skyline given half the chance! :D

I'm still up for a supra only meet though, always have been! Just try not to make it too far north eh? ;)

Rob :D

I've just got back from camping & missed mascrat on monday!.. Just read through the thread and i'm gutted to say the least!... I can't see why JNW can't find another, bigger location. It was getting a bit of a joke trying to squeeze onto the car park and then re-arranging cars when people were leaving. I quite liked wandering around looking at all the different cars. Lets be honest, there were some awesome one's, not just supras! I'm sure there are a few of us that would trade in for a R34 GTR Skyline given half the chance! :D

I'm still up for a supra only meet though, always have been! Just try not to make it too far north eh? ;)

Rob :D

After a comment like that the next meet is in Penrith :tongue:

Mike

Guest Rays the roof
Good to see everyone again. I will make a meet with my car one day too :D

That's as long as we don't see any Lambo's on the way there!! ;)

Was out and about the other day and spotted somewhere that looked ok for a meet in Bolton, just off the motorway to. Tavern on the hill, hunger hill, bolton. I think a plenty big enough car park for a Supra only meet and never many cars on there at all that I have seen. Not sure what the food&prices are like but I could always go and find out if anyone would be interested.

Was out and about the other day and spotted somewhere that looked ok for a meet in Bolton, just off the motorway to. Tavern on the hill, hunger hill, bolton. I think a plenty big enough car park for a Supra only meet and never many cars on there at all that I have seen. Not sure what the food&prices are like but I could always go and find out if anyone would be interested.

Been there for some kids parties. The car park is massive too!!

Only down the road for me too!!:D

Oh and what is your sig all about??

H.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Adam! I am going to reply to the paper later!

I am absolutely fuming about this! As an ex member of GMP I was appalled by the petty, arrogant attitude of the police. A lot of genuine, law abiding citizens were made to feel like criminals. They actually achieved nothing bar make a few quid for the forces coffers!

It's typical of todays police force to concentrate on all the "small" issues and try to crack a wallnut with a sledge hammer. 8 officers and 5 vehicles were there at one point and for what?

To stop someone possibly blocking the entrance and get a few people for illegal plates.......big deal! How many peoples tyres did they check etc?

Shame about the guy who was murdered just down the road two days before being kicked to death by 8 youths!!

Where were you b@stards then??

I refuse to return to Mascrat as the management are hypocrites. They are happy to take the money but don't want anything to do with the chav element that has started to surface!! So everyone suffers as they can't deal with the minority effectively.

Rant over!

H.