The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West - Previous Meets

Ian Ian

Waht date for Mascrat replacement  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Waht date for Mascrat replacement

• Same day as Mascrat and stuff the management
    • Different Date to Mascrat - Then people can do both :(
    • I'm never going back to Mascrat (In a Jap Car)!

Hopefully the new venue wont put people like Dr Doom and Rays the Roof from coming up, as its quite a bit further for the (further south that mascrat) peeps to come.

Dunno what the Doc will do, but it's a 100 mile round trip from where we live, and after a 200 mile round drive to and from work it's a bit far for me.

I missed the last couple at Mascrat cos I was too knackered to drive up. :(

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't really matter when the Supra only one is! I'll not be returning to Mascrat though as I think they are a bunch of crunts and the Police really wind me up at the moment!!:blink:

H.

thats what i meant, re-arrange the supra only meet.

Im happy to go with the flow, but would have liked to turn up at mascrat and see whats what

I'll try my best to make this but like Kieran said, it's over 100miles round trip for us.. I'd probably be there later than 19.00 as well. unfortunately i always have meetings on Mondays so I’m not normally back home till gone 6pm.

I'm really gutted about mascrat but i have to agree with havard that the stunt they pulled last month was a real crunts trick, they don't deserve our custom and certainly won't be getting any money from me.. I did enjoy the meet though & hope that JNW move it to a bigger, better location :)

I'll try my best to make this but like Kieran said, it's over 100miles round trip for us.. I'd probably be there later than 19.00 as well. unfortunately i always have meetings on Mondays so I’m not normally back home till gone 6pm.

I'm really gutted about mascrat but i have to agree with havard that the stunt they pulled last month was a real crunts trick, they don't deserve our custom and certainly won't be getting any money from me.. I did enjoy the meet though & hope that JNW move it to a bigger, better location :)

Hope you make it Rob!!;)

This may only be a one off until we find a better venue that is more central! How about Knutsford way, I'll have a look for any decent pubs round that neck of the woods!

H.

Well I'm still going mascrat, even if i'm on my own. I want my two for one meal:d

I didnt go to the last meet and i dont know how bad it was apart from the pictures. But i guess i'm up for both. I look forward to the mascrat and its a good excuse to get a good few hours of nag free time.

;) I,ll have a look around one day, try and get as close to Masgrat as Possable to suit everybody ? maybe on the same road either into Warrington or the otherway into Irlam anybody who know,s that area ? ....or maybe the opposite side of the Thelwall viaduct off at that junction ?

But the Wiggin tree for next Monday or the charnley ( two for one meal same as Masgrat ?)

Cheers

-Ian-

Guest ianryan

Hi just registered - I am a moderator on japnorthwest - Mascrat is going ahead this month but the meet is set to move. Nothing is finalised yet. Please come and register on the site (it's free and starting to grow, quickly)

http://www.japnorthwest.co.uk

check out this:

http://www.pradbone.f2s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2379

and this:

http://www.pradbone.f2s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18280#18280

Mascrat and the Police are asking for reg numbers this month.

Hi just registered - I am a moderator on japnorthwest - Mascrat is going ahead this month but the meet is set to move. Nothing is finalised yet. Please come and register on the site (it's free and starting to grow, quickly)

I'm still waiting for my confirmation email from a few days ago :whistle:

when did the forum get restricted access - I used to browse it but now you need to sign up to read the forums?

Mike

Right I'm sensing that a number of guys are still planning on going to Mascrat - beware, as I posted earlier in the Mascrat thread there are going to be some stringent controls on the Jap cars attending the meet certainly this month.

However in light of this I've added a poll to canvas opinion about when the Wiggin Tree meet should be. I was assuming all regulars would be boycotting Mascrat so chose the same date thinking that people have already made arrangements around this date, but if the membership want a different date then so be it.

I'm also thinking that this might be a good opportunity to permanently relocate the venue so will be posting a new topic shortly for you guys to pick a region.

I'm conscious that Ray, Linda, Hoff and Gnemie (plus others) have come up from southern locations, but I'm also conscious that the North West catchment area extends up to Cumbria so I'm going to try and balance the location to try and please the whole of the North West catchment area (who are interested). We've lost interest from some of the old Northern regulars Ian, Ian and Charlie possibly due to distance and it would be nice to get them back.

Fear not as this may mean we end up having two meets (plus the potential JapNorthWest) one south and one north - It may even be an idea to try and attract the Yorkshire guys and the NE guys as well. So keep your eyes open in the North West thread for the location poll, and if we can drum up support to every so often have a combined meet so much the better.

If anyone has any thoughts on this particular issue pm me - let's try and keep this thread on topic.

Mike

Guest ianryan

Pm me your reg nos. if you want and I'll add them to the thread.

And I'll get that Issue sorted out.......................................................

P.M.'d the Admin on JNW.

The top contenders on JNW are:

The Nags Head or The Memphis Bell.

Any suggestions?

Pm me your reg nos. if you want and I'll add them to the thread.

And I'll get that Issue sorted out.......................................................

P.M.'d the Admin on JNW.

The top contenders on JNW are:

The Nags Head or The Memphis Bell.

Any suggestions?

Ian - whereabouts are these locations? I'm not familiar with either?

Mike

Mike,

If it were more central then you'd get more people from other areas. Personally, the prospect of a 170 mile round trip on a work night doesn't appeal.

I know Martin - I appreciate this - one of the main reasons I wasn't at Squires tonight. Up until now we've been piggy backing onto the Jap North West meet, which was the established meet from when I inherited the "job". This meet is nearly 100 mile round trip for me.

It's difficult to find a central location which is accessible for Staffordshire, Cheshire, Lancashire, Cumbria and Yorkshire. Weekday nights are difficult but people tend to have other plans at weekends whereas a weekday night you can usually make time for.

Mike

Guest ianryan

Memphis Bell is crap food from my experience.

Don't know about the Nags Head.

Even though I voted for "same day" maybe we should tweek the day. At least giving people the option of Mascrat.

Long term I do think we should find somewhere near(ish) to Mascrat, so we don't make it too far for the Cheshire and North Staff lads to travel.