The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West - Previous Meets

Ian Ian

Waht date for Mascrat replacement  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Waht date for Mascrat replacement

• Same day as Mascrat and stuff the management
    • Different Date to Mascrat - Then people can do both :(
    • I'm never going back to Mascrat (In a Jap Car)!

I heard that if your not a member of Jap North West, then you wont be able to get into the car park on Monday.

I'm a member of the jap north west, even though i dont go on the website:d

So are they gonna be asking for membership numbers to get in. Its bloody stupid if you ask me.:tongue:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was tempted to turn up in the Fiesta just to see how much trade they've lost.

Mike

I still think they'll be quite busy. If the pigs turn up agian then it might just put people off permanently!:rolleyes:

There are only Skyline owners and Dazla who haven't got principles.......:sly: Might nip down in the Beemer and get Mrs H to bring the Mondeo too......:D

H

Just been on the jap northwest forum and this is what they are saying.

marc in blackpool

Post Whore

1992 Toyota mr2 mk 2 rev 2 n/a

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:06 pm Post subject: mascrat conversation today !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as your all aware of last months fiasco at mascrat , i had to do some bargaining with mascrat staff and the plod. the police wanted to shut us down there and then! which would of give us no time to sort a new location for our meets. i spoke to mascrat management today and was told that the police want to restrict us to no more than 50 cars per meeting

this months meet at mascrat will be the last one we hold there, and next month we will have a new location

there is a possibility that there will be a new location meeting this month but nothing is set in stone as yet. we will keep you informed as soon as we know any news.

marc.

Doesn't look like we'll get in anyway.

Its always difficult trying to suit everyone :( I tried to organise a local meet not long after I joined the forum but couldnt sort a date to suit everyone.

Thing is for some of us further south is that we're sandwiched between east mids and North Staffs/Cheshire so we tend to loose out on Leicester and NW meets.

I'm going to try and get feed back from some local owners on a possible good mid point for a meet - staffs or shropshire. Hopefully it will be close enough that you can join us too! ;)

Linda

xx

I'd rather have the choice of doing both. I'd like to think i could still pop down to the mascrat and see a few supes and then have another meet somewhere else for the supes only. maybe on a Friday night so no one has to worry about work the following day.

Right I've had a look at the Jap North West forum and it seems that they are looking to move from Mascrat imminently (probably before the next meet), but they will want to keep the same date. On that basis how about this month we stuff Mascrat and go to the Wiggin Tree as suggested above as we are running out of time to decide. Also I doubt we'd get into Mascrat given the 50 car limit :taped: and given how many people have already said they are going from Jap North West.

So this month we stick to 2nd Monday and have a Supra only meet (cough Smigzy cough ;)) at the Wiggin Tree. then next month we look at moving to a different week. so that we can still piggy back JNW but at a different venue.

Longer term I'm loathe to change from a Monday night as if you move to a Friday it's a pubs busiest night, also often people will have plans for a weekend which will preclude them from meeting which will in turn mean that the turnouts will suffer. Although mid week is a PITA due to having to work the following day it's not as though you are missing out on getting lashed as you wouldn't be driving the Supe if that was your plan. If Ian can cope with being the last to leave a meet and getting up at stupid o'clock the following morning, and at his age too :p the rest of us have no excuse.

Also given that the JNW meet still looks to be around Warrington - perhaps south of Thelwall I think the Supe meet should move Northwards and maybe eastwards M61/65 somewhere to try and balance the NW region up abit, if Linda is still looking at a meet Shropshire way then we've got a real variety of possible meets.

How does that sit with you all?

Mike

Right I've had a look at the Jap North West forum and it seems that they are looking to move from Mascrat imminently (probably before the next meet), but they will want to keep the same date. On that basis how about this month we stuff Mascrat and go to the Wiggin Tree as suggested above as we are running out of time to decide. Also I doubt we'd get into Mascrat given the 50 car limit :taped: and given how many people have already said they are going from Jap North West.

So this month we stick to 2nd Monday and have a Supra only meet (cough Smigzy cough) at the Wiggin Tree. then next month we look at moving to a different week. so that we can still piggy back JNW but at a different venue.

Longer term I'm loathe to change from a Monday night as if you move to a Friday it's a pubs busiest night, also often people will have plans for a weekend which will preclude them from meeting which will in turn mean that the turnouts will suffer. Although mid week is a PITA due to having to work the following day it's not as though you are missing out on getting lashed as you wouldn't be driving the Supe if that was your plan. If Ian can cope with being the last to leave a meet and getting up at stupid o'clock the following morning, and at his age too :p the rest of us have no excuse.

Also given that the JNW meet still looks to be around Warrington - perhaps south of Thelwall I think the Supe meet should move Northwards and maybe eastwards M61/65 somewhere to try and balance the NW region up abit, if Linda is still looking at a meet Shropshire way then we've got a real variety of possible meets.

How does that sit with you all?

Mike

That "sits" well with me Mike :thumbs:

Yeah keep the Wiggin tree for this month and we can sort out idea,s for another venue and day for the "mkiv members only" meeting and that will leave Japnorthwest open with their different venue,

OI !! less of the Age LOL im only a Pup Honest !!

Cheers

-Ian-

... If Ian can cope with being the last to leave a meet and getting up at stupid o'clock the following morning, and at his age too :p the rest of us have no excuse....

That "sits" well with me Mike :thumbs:

Yeah keep the Wiggin tree for this month and we can sort out idea,s for another venue and day for the "mkiv members only" meeting and that will leave Japnorthwest open with their different venue,

Cheers

-Ian-

I guess you missed my comment there then fella ;)

cough :D cough, i'll park round the back mate LOL. thanks (used up all my posts now :sly:)

LOL i'll drive you round the corner in a proper car :D Only joking fella :) Looks like your going have to get a tenner out and warm up your paypal account cough membership cough :D See you Saturday Cuz ;)