The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West - Previous Meets

Ian Ian

Waht date for Mascrat replacement  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Waht date for Mascrat replacement

• Same day as Mascrat and stuff the management
    • Different Date to Mascrat - Then people can do both :(
    • I'm never going back to Mascrat (In a Jap Car)!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like i said last night Mike its going to be easier to change the venue and day tbh. They were saying that they would block off the far end of the car park for Jap North West cars but you would have to sign up. The thing is we now how many cars that will be and there just isnt going to be enough room in that far end so unless we plan on getting there very very early then it probably wont be worth it.

Shame really cos they really did spoil it last night. Made it home safe though without my plate on :)

I can also see why the police were pissed!

:blink:

Mike

Surely, they should have been breathalised......:D

Like i said last night Mike its going to be easier to change the venue and day tbh. They were saying that they would block off the far end of the car park for Jap North West cars but you would have to sign up. The thing is we now how many cars that will be and there just isnt going to be enough room in that far end so unless we plan on getting there very very early then it probably wont be worth it.

Shame really cos they really did spoil it last night. Made it home safe though without my plate on :)

How did you manage that Gaz?? Had the Police gone by the time you left??

I would also like to see a Supra only meet. I fear that that will be my last visit to Mascrat.....:(

H.

Looks like my first and last time unfortunately unless something gets sorted out

I was furious to be honest! My wife Vicki kept telling me to keep away from the coppers as I was dying to find their justification for 5 cars and 8 officers to basically do everyone for parking on the pavement or having too small a number plate. Only 2 days before a mate of mine was kicked to death less than a mile away from the meet.

Where were those b@stards then?? I was thinking about writing to the chief constable of Cheshire Police to ask if he thought it was a worthy use of Police resources. Funny thing was that the pavement was next to a motorway sliproad where pedestrians aren't allowed anyway.....WTF!!

As an ex copper I felt glad that I had left the force as their priorities are now so far away from the real issues. Making money is all that matters!! I know there are some good coppers but they are now in a small minority....:(

You should have seen their faces as the Supra trundled past with a plate blu tac'd on to the front......:D

H.

Yeah they had all gone. not a sniff all the way back to Preston :D

Lucky boy!! My plate stayed on all the way home too.....:D

I was stopped by some of the people on the way out giving me the thumbs up for having a legal plate obviously stuck on top of my semi legal one......:sly:

H.

Its a shame as it really ruined the night.

Ive got a feeling we have not heard the last of it either, I spotted they were writing down all registration numbers as people left, I did not get stopped but I did get noted down!!

Does anyone know if they can just issue fines through the post? Kates convinced they can't but I dont see why not, they issue speeding fines through the post!

Surely, they should have been breathalised......:D

How did you manage that Gaz?? Had the Police gone by the time you left??

I would also like to see a Supra only meet. I fear that that will be my last visit to Mascrat.....:(

H.

The police left about 30 mins after you...H One of the policewomen got some some abuse as she had parked her car in the pub car park.

My first and probably last time at Mascrat but nice to see all the cars:)

Jamie

The police left about 30 mins after you...H One of the policewomen got some some abuse as she had parked her car in the pub car park.

My first and probably last time at Mascrat but nice to see all the cars:)

Jamie

Would you attend a meet that was nearby if it was just Supra owners?? I am also sorry that we weren't introduced....;)

Where were you parked??

H.

im glad i missed this one really im a bit of a cop magnet,i would be more than happy to attend an all supra meet,tbh i do enjoy other cars but supras are all im into for now.sorry it f**ked up for you guys last nite i have enjoyed it the couple of times ive been to mascrat

Parked down the bottom with Adam and Jamie ( Hoff and G Nemie ):)

We have been introduced but im always a bit quiet at these meets..

Would you attend a meet that was nearby if it was just Supra owners?? I am also sorry that we weren't introduced....;)

Where were you parked??

H.

Guest Rays the roof

Good to meet friends old and new last night. Yes, police presence spoilt it, but hey, I still enjoyed it and had a laugh!

Take care guys

Ray :D

Parked down the bottom with Adam and Jamie ( Hoff and G Nemie ):)

We have been introduced but im always a bit quiet at these meets..

Ooops, sorry Jamie I do get a bit carried away when meeting people and also forget everyones names about 10 seconds after being introduced.....:D

H.

:) Was a good meeting but like has been said before the "Police" didnt do anything for the atmosfear of the place, Like everybody else I'm up for a "supra" only meeting

I think the Japnorthwest meeting has out grown the venue IMO its far too small now it need to move asap and stop the "kids" racing if possable....although ive not witnessed any of it

I feel Sorry and upset for the Wales and Birmingham Crew that made the effort to come up to the meeting to have all that happend spoil it,hope you all "Escaped" and got home ok :thumbs:

So to another venue OR keep the same venue and have it another night maybe ?? we have had some "mini" meetings at the Charnley Arms Pub/restaurant or any other suggestions ??

Cheers

-Ian-

sorry didn't make it last night peoples. last week the valeter at work drive my car into the kerb as he was parking it up to clean it so i didn't fancy turning up with a cracked front bumper :( plus it was first day back in work after a week off & i had quite a bit to catch up on so didn't leave there till 7ish

doesn't sound like i would have got in anyway turning up late but i think Mascrat has gone downhill the past 6 months really with lots of scrotes turning up in nothing like Jap cars & looking dodgy round the cars!

bring on the new meet!

Mike,

sorry about the bother, is it worth sounding out a venue and arranging the meet with everyone using the venue? Or a nice venue with a scenic view nearby?

One venue that has been talked about is the Charnley Arms at Standish. We have had a couple of mini meets there, its a decent pub with a good sized car park and im sure the owners wouldnt object to a Supra Only meet (its only round the corner from me at the moment so ill bob in and ask them).

Another place i thought of, if you want a more scenic spot, is The Wiggin Tree at the top of Parbold Hill. Again, nice big pub/restaurant with big carpark, there's usually an ice cream van outside (:)) and decent views.

I journeyed up from Birmingham, met up with ray, and carried on up. A bit out of my territory but wanted to give it a go and meet some of the NW gang on their home ground ;)

Some fabulous cars there and enjoyed meeting our lot :D

It was a shame about the police presence, so pointless and aggravating when they should be off tackling crime, instead of harassing peacful folk having a bit of social interaction :stickpoke I was bricking it as I dont have a plate yet.... the bumper still being so new ya know :whistle::D

Unfortunately for me anything further north would be out of the question but hope you guys get a scenic and more friendly alternative sorted for next month, not worth the hassle of going back to mascrat IMO.

Linda

x

I journeyed up from Birmingham, met up with ray, and carried on up. A bit out of my territory but wanted to give it a go and meet some of the NW gang on their home ground ;)

Some fabulous cars there and enjoyed meeting our lot :D

It was a shame about the police presence, so pointless and aggravating when they should be off tackling crime, instead of harassing peacful folk having a bit of social interaction :stickpoke I was bricking it as I dont have a plate yet.... the bumper still being so new ya know :whistle::D

Unfortunately for me anything further north would be out of the question but hope you guys get a scenic and more friendly alternative sorted for next month, not worth the hassle of going back to mascrat IMO.

Linda

x

Was nice to meet you Linda and nice one for making the journey over for it, bit of a trek for you. :)

I enjoyed the night. It was good to see you all again. We got a bit lucky coming out as there was only 1 copper left who had already pulled someone, which left the path clear for us. I dont think they got down to our corner.

I would definately be up for a splinter group though. Always nice seeing other makes and models there is always something rather nice being supras only.

I enjoyed the night. It was good to see you all again. We got a bit lucky coming out as there was only 1 copper left who had already pulled someone, which left the path clear for us. I dont think they got down to our corner.

I would definately be up for a splinter group though. Always nice seeing other makes and models there is always something rather nice being supras only.

In contrast I couldn't give a monkeys about the other jap models as they are not as nice as the Supra.......:sly: The idea of the Wiggin tree is a good un'

I am going to do a bit of venue hunting in the next couple of weeks whilst out and about!

H.