• Keep The Supra
    • Get A 350Z

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gaz_chops
Ok I am gonna put it to you guys.

I went and test drove the new 300bhp 350Z this weekend and and considering choping my supra in for one.

They just look so pretty in the blue, I know there not that fast but they drive really well and ozzzz class.

What do you think?

:search:

The fact that you are considering :innocent:

And the FACT that they ooooooooze class :innocent:

And that that on my 30k miles a year around the country:D

I see more Soops than Zed's :innocent:

At the end of the day if you like driving your car :cool: Rather than mouthing off what a 15 year old Jap can do :eyebrows: then GO for the ZED;) :D

Have to disagree about the BLUE though (and i'm an Evertonion)

I really like the 350Z, driven it on road and track and think it's great. And when you consider you can get imports with 3k miles for £15k, it'd be seriously tempting if I had that sort of money. I loved my Supra and would have another one tomorrow, but I'd also love a Zed at some stage.

Guest Chubbylover

OK - Sorry chaps, but I think I am about to end the debate here and now.

Ready?

...THE NEW 350Z HAS ILLUMINATED CUP HOLDERS

yes I did say illuminated.:idea:

So there u go Scooby - surprised you didn't mention it in your original post and save us all this heartache.

Morning guys ........ I see we kept chatting over night then ???????

Well I didn't log on last night but the discussion raged yet again about the various merits of the zed and the supra however when push came to shove I had to admit the Supra is best ............... I don't believe it, I just didn't fancy the settee last night

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: ;)

OK - Sorry chaps, but I think I am about to end the debate here and now.

Ready?

...THE NEW 350Z HAS ILLUMINATED CUP HOLDERS

I see your illuminated cup holders and raise you an illuminated ashtray and no cup holders because it's a sports car! :p

:looney:

:rlol:

The 350Z can't go fast enough to spill any drinks so cup holders are ok in that :innocent: :D

:rlol: :rlol: I think the 350Z would make a good loan car when ours are in to get nice mods to make them faster and better still, then we will really doubly appreciate getting our motors back too ;) :p

Going back to Woon's car for a moment...

Stock V161! Gearbox (later spec 1998on)

TRD Diff

Uprated drive shafts.

Don't know about the prop.

RPS Customised Carbon Carbon Clutch.

That is very impressive on a stock box.

From Ian:

Gearbox:- 2JZ-GTE V160 6-Spd

Tyre:- equivalent to 235/45 x 17

Top Gear gives 28.210 MPH/1000 RPM and a top speed of 197.473 MPH at 7000 RPM

Engine speeds in top gear:-

30 MPH = 1063 RPM

40 MPH = 1418 RPM

50 MPH = 1772 RPM

60 MPH = 2127 RPM

70 MPH = 2481 RPM

80 MPH = 2836 RPM

90 MPH = 3190 RPM

100 MPH = 3545 RPM

Top Speed in 1 gear = 40.919 MPH

And changes into 2 gear at 4317 RPM dropping 2683 RPM

Top Speed in 2 gear = 66.354 MPH

And changes into 3 gear at 4998 RPM dropping 2002 RPM

Top Speed in 3 gear = 92.935 MPH

And changes into 4 gear at 5450 RPM dropping 1550 RPM

Top Speed in 4 gear = 119.357 MPH

And changes into 5 gear at 5335 RPM dropping 1665 RPM

Top Speed in 5 gear = 156.596 MPH

And changes into 6 gear at 5551 RPM dropping 1449 RPM

Top Speed in 6 gear = 197.473 MPH

Gearbox:- 2JZ-GTE VVTI V161 6-Spd

Tyre:- equivalent to 235/45 x 17

Top Gear gives 27.348 MPH/1000 RPM and a top speed of 191.438 MPH at 7000 RPM

Engine speeds in top gear:-

30 MPH = 1097 RPM

40 MPH = 1463 RPM

50 MPH = 1828 RPM

60 MPH = 2194 RPM

70 MPH = 2560 RPM

80 MPH = 2925 RPM

90 MPH = 3291 RPM

100 MPH = 3657 RPM

Top Speed in 1 gear = 42.050 MPH

And changes into 2 gear at 4222 RPM dropping 2778 RPM

Top Speed in 2 gear = 69.722 MPH

And changes into 3 gear at 4803 RPM dropping 2197 RPM

Top Speed in 3 gear = 101.620 MPH

And changes into 4 gear at 5474 RPM dropping 1526 RPM

Top Speed in 4 gear = 129.955 MPH

And changes into 5 gear at 5809 RPM dropping 1191 RPM

Top Speed in 5 gear = 156.596 MPH

And changes into 6 gear at 5726 RPM dropping 1274 RPM

Top Speed in 6 gear = 191.438 MPH

Gaz.

Guest Chubbylover

Hmmmmm......

350Z = 0-60 in 5.7 sec

Perhaps you would like to see some figures for the MY06 350Z, stock, 296bhp, no turbo (all figures at the redline of 7000rpm) -

Top speed in gear 1 = 38mph

Top speed in gear 2 = 65

Top speed in gear 3 = 95

Top speed in gear 4 = 120

Top speed in gear 5 = 150

Top speed in gear 6 = duno, as it's electronically limited to 155mph

Draw your own conclusions.

Guest Chubbylover
0-60 in 5.8 according to Nissan UK.

0-62 (100kph) in 5.9.

mkiv Supra's official figures were 4.9 or 5.1, depending on who you listen to.

No mate, you're referring to the MY'05 (276bhp), but as I said in my thread I'm referring to the MY'06 - the new model (296bhp), which AS I SAID is 0-62 in 5.8, or 0-60 in 5.7 - so get your facts right before arguing.

...and unlike you, I wasn't COMPARING the two cars, because as I've said before, they are different beasts, I was just giving Scooby some information.

Guest Chubbylover
0-60 in 5.8 according to Nissan UK.

0-62 (100kph) in 5.9.

mkiv Supra's official figures were 4.9 or 5.1, depending on who you listen to.

No mate, you're referring to the MY'05 (276bhp), but as I said in my post I'm referring to the MY'06 - the new model (296bhp), which AS I SAID is 0-62 in 5.8, or 0-60 in 5.7 - so get your facts right before arguing.

...and unlike you, I wasn't COMPARING the two cars, because as I've said before, they are different beasts, I was just giving Scooby some information.

ps., how on earth can the 'official' figures vary depending on "who you listen to"???;)

sorry about the double post - can someone delete the first one please?

Hmmmmm......

Top speed in gear 1 = 38mph

Top speed in gear 2 = 65

Top speed in gear 3 = 95

Top speed in gear 4 = 120

Top speed in gear 5 = 150

Top speed in gear 6 = duno, as it's electronically limited to 155mph

Draw your own conclusions.

what conclusions exactly? the max speeds per gear tell you absolutely nothing. It was only mentioned on this thread because the stonkingly strong supra getrag box comes in two flavours and someone asked what the difference was, and it is in the ratios as can be seen

The only other conclusion I can draw is that it (the Z) would be beaten by a humble lotus elise 111s and other similar cars from 0-60. erm I guess that concludes that.

PS: the manual supra TTs official 0-60 is 4.9 but was indenpendantly tested to be 4.6s many years ago. Like most cars that requires near perfection in conditions and driving to get the best but suffuce to say it's 0-60 is not slow.

Guest eddmac
what conclusions exactly? the max speeds per gear tell you absolutely nothing. It was only mentioned on this thread because the stonkingly strong supra getrag box comes in two flavours and someone asked what the difference was, and it is in the ratios as can be seen

The only other conclusion I can draw is that it (the Z) would be beaten by a humble lotus elise 111s and other similar cars from 0-60. erm I guess that concludes that.

PS: the manual supra TTs official 0-60 is 4.9 but was indenpendantly tested to be 4.6s many years ago. Like most cars that requires near perfection in conditions and driving to get the best but suffuce to say it's 0-60 is not slow.

Supra's are quick - I'll give you that, and the guy who drag races his and has 1400 or 1600 bhp depending on who you ask - very impressive indeed.

I would still like to see a standard 14 year old Supra worth 3 or 4 grand racing a standard 350Z round a track (obviously with drivers of comparable ability)

Who cares about drag racing? This isn't America we're talking about here - we have corners ;) !

As for Shed - it's really irrelevant comparing a 350Z against a McLaren F1, or a Koeniggsegg - I mean come on, you might like to think your Supra is in that league, but I'll let you in on a secret - it's not - it's an OLD car worth a few grand at best :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :p

We are not debating that the Supra is quicker - but several 350Z's (stock with original 280-PS engine) have been clocked at low 5's to 60 - and thats with 40 or 50 less bhp than a standard Supra - ok it's slower but its not too bad ;)

I'd love to see someone spend the same money on a supra TT plus mods (of any age) compared to a 350Z around the track :D I know which I would put my money on _everytime_!

The stock Z is slower than the TT - fact...

When you talk about slapping on a blower, thats a major mod imho and then you can compare like for like with TTs with big turbo upgrades. Again the Z really has no chance.

Reality check, good supras fetch 10k upwards - it's your car that is on the rapid depreciation slope towards nothing. In 5 years time you will have lost a shed load by doing nothing :p

I reckon when the Z is not even 10 years old it will be fetching much less than 10k - now which is the shed again?