350Z or not???

Scooby

Chop the Supra in for a 350Z  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Chop the Supra in for a 350Z

• Keep The Supra
    • Get A 350Z

Guest Gaz_chops
What has this got to do with anything, please dont even think about comparing those cars to any road vehicle :lol:

Surely comparing 2 cars that are on the track are like 4 like, proves that the Zed can HOLD it's own, at least :p

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chubbylover
Piss of dude i wasn't takin the piss, look at the pic and you'll see it's true. If you checked what i said earlier, i've got nothing against the 350Z at all and if i was after a brand new sports coupe then i'd be choosing one!

Sorry, I didn't realise you were American, or I'd have made allowances.

:clown: Why can't you just admit that the Zed is a better looking sports coupe, instead of feebly trying to take the piss - I know I'll be happy to do that in 10 years time, if Toyota release one that looks better than the Zed.

...and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to dismiss the Zed's victories in the link above.:hide:

Try this one (don't it just eat your heart out?...)...

951584251b.jpg

Surely comparing 2 cars that are on the track are like 4 like, proves that the Zed can HOLD it's own, at least :p

Our road going cars are NOTHING like those that are racing. Dont make me drag up all the Supra wins over the years for the sake of argument ;)

Also would you want SC430 owners rubbing your nose in it saying how their car was best because it seems to be romping most of the series right now? ;)

Guest Gaz_chops

Suppose if i'm honest I think the Supra looks just what it is .... a 15 year old Jap car that in most cases (Glynns BH the exception) is chavved up and driven by chavs:innocent:

Chilli mate ...... it seems like we're on the same wave length after all ......

I think we probably are :) there were a number of mixed conversations going on and I don't think we had a lot to argue about. It's the rest of the die hard Z crue that seem to be trying there best to discredit the supra. Bit futile if you ask me, the supra speaks for itself in achievements and fan base, when the Z comes even remotely close I'll be more eager to hear their arguments, until then tbh it's mostly a lot of hot air... I hope you agree. As for picking a new car in that price range, as I said the Z makes a lot of sense and I'd freely admit it. Personally (just my personal prefs) I might have considered toying with the quickest elise or exige if they came within budget just for a different driving experience, but practical they are not - worse than the supra in many respects...

Suppose if i'm honest I think the Supra looks just what it is .... a 15 year old Jap car that in most cases (Glynns BH the exception) is chavved up and driven by chavs:innocent:

Glad to see that Ian C's assessment of Irish trouble makers isn't at all accurate.

Guest Gaz_chops
Glad to see that Ian C's assessment of Irish trouble makers isn't at all accurate.

To be sure :D I'm from Liverpool actually:innocent:

But lets face it all some people are doing is slagging the Zed off when they probably haven't even driven it!

If the same question was asked in reverse on the Zed site, they would not get the same sort of response.

Rather honest educated opinions, to try and help them make there decission.

Obviously not available on here?!

Guest lotus49
But lets face it all some people are doing is slagging the Zed off when they probably haven't even driven it!

If the same question was asked in reverse on the Zed site, they would not get the same sort of response.

Rather honest educated opinions, to try and help them make there decission.

Obviously not available on here?!

As a relative newcomer to this forum I can say that this is true and not true. There is a huge amount of knowledge and enthusiasm on this forum and as long as no other car is mentioned, almost everyone here is friendly and helpful.

I have to say however, that comparisons with other cars do often elicit aggressive and partisan expressions of opinion that I do not see on the Impreza and Evo equivalents of this forum. It certainly appears to me that some Surpraites (or whatever you are called) are very defensive when the Supra is compared with any half way reasonable car and on occasions, that defensiveness turns to rudeness, which is a shame.

Guest eddmac
Standard figs don't look that bad either, if we are talking stock road car:tongue:

VERY interesting - so certain standard z's will be quicker than standard tt soops :lol:

I didnt think they would be :)

VERY interesting - so certain standard z's will be quicker than standard tt soops :lol:

I didnt think they would be :)

Those look suspiciously like performance stats calculated on a spreadsheet based purely on power and weight, not real world stats. Maybe if a j-spec TT weighed 1549kg (which it doesn't) and had only 300HP (which it doesn't), a Nismo 350Z would be quicker.

:looney:

I have to say however, that comparisons with other cars do often elicit aggressive and partisan expressions of opinion that I do not see on the Impreza and Evo equivalents of this forum. It certainly appears to me that some Surpraites (or whatever you are called) are very defensive when the Supra is compared with any half way reasonable car and on occasions, that defensiveness turns to rudeness, which is a shame.

well with bullsh1te like this to put up with periodically

what do you expect lol :p

Guest Gaz_chops
what do you expect lol :p

Yep that was BULLSH1T........ purely in response to most of the verbal diarrhea that was being posted against the Zed :D

Yep that was BULLSH1T........ purely in response to most of the verbal diarrhea that was being posted against the Zed :D

not really, ok so we may have had a laugh at the cup holders and espace engine but...

1) if you come on here telling us the the Z is better than the supra then we will point out that it is not (with plenty of hard facts if you insist since its spec and achievements speak for iteslf).

2) when then you throw random insults at the supra to try and belittle it, we will defend it and take objection, quite possible throwing some insults right back at you (not hard)

3) although I think the Z isn't patch on the supra I have said I think it's a good choice if you need a new car and are looking in that price range and I think the Z is better than many new cars out there - so I think that is quite fair all things considered :)

so it's not like we are a bunch of narrow minded individuals who just say everything else is crap - but we have had alsorts of claims from die hard fans saying their particular car is better. Maybe we should take it as a compliment, everyone seems to have a chip on their shoulder about wanting to prove their car is better than the supe...

Right ......... now that that's agreed, can we now accept that MY supra is better than all of YOUR supras ........ not because of speed, power, turbos, trim or colour, but because it's mine

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;)

......... so dare I ask if anyone has any views on motorbikes !?!?!?!?!?!?!

Guest Chubbylover

Just popped in to say goodbye.

It will probably be a long time before I visit here again, if ever, thanks to the welcome I received. Just a word before i go - nobody likes a clever dick.

Take care and drive safely (now you can slag me off & take the piss again!).

Guest Gaz_chops
not really, ok so we may have had a laugh at the cup holders and espace engine but...

1) if you come on here telling us the the Z is better than the supra then we will point out that it is not (with plenty of hard facts if you insist since its spec and achievements speak for iteslf).

2) when then you throw random insults at the supra to try and belittle it, we will defend it and take objection, quite possible throwing some insults right back at you (not hard)

3) although I think the Z isn't patch on the supra I have said I think it's a good choice if you need a new car and are looking in that price range and I think the Z is better than many new cars out there - so I think that is quite fair all things considered :)

so it's not like we are a bunch of narrow minded individuals who just say everything else is crap - but we have had alsorts of claims from die hard fans saying their particular car is better. Maybe we should take it as a compliment, everyone seems to have a chip on their shoulder about wanting to prove their car is better than the supe...

1) I don't recall anyone saying the Zed is better.... suggest you re-read the replies.

2) Think the insults started from the Supra owners..... suggest you re-read the replies.

3) Agreed

Think it is the Supra owners who appear to have a chip on there shoulders.