The mkiv Supra Owners Club

350Z or not???

Scooby

Chop the Supra in for a 350Z  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Chop the Supra in for a 350Z

• Keep The Supra
    • Get A 350Z

Supra/RX-7/Skyline - the BIG 3 from Japan.

The 350Z slips in neatly with the Audi TT. Different league.

As for new vs old. Wo cares? The Mclaren F1 - 1993. Same year as the Supra. Prefer a NEW 350Z over that too?

F40s, lots of other sportscars/countless Bentelys/Rollers etc etc etc. New means nothing!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RichJ
Trust me mate 450 cars a year does not a "common" car make ;)

Not compared to a Ford Fiesta, VW Golf or 3 series BMW, but when compared to a Koenigsegg for example it is. Anyway, as you STILL seem to fail to grasp what I was talking about, I will try to explain it yet again ... in the area where I live and work the 350Z is more commonly SEEN than the Supra.

For example, I look out of my office window and there are five 350Zs in the car park, and just one Supra ...

Guest eddmac

For example, I look out of my office window and there are five 350Zs in the car park, and just one Supra ...

Obviously lots of people with taste there then :lol: :p

Obviously you earn too much ! 30k "cheap" :blink:

:D

To be honest, it is cheap. Compare with the fact that the TT 300zx was 24k when it came out, what, 15-16 years ago...and as was stated earlier an insider reported that the main thrust during the 350's development was in saving and building to a price, in opposition to Toyota's aim of producing the best and then pricing accordingly...

Guest Hope4sun

Oh were flooding the place now, sorry, but just had to add my 2pence, the Supra is a fantastic car for many reasons, as is the 350Z. I like cars for different things about them, looks, sound, handling, power, etc, and with out sounding like someone walking the fence or trying to avoid further "Mines bigger than yours"

Drive the car, weigh up what you do and don't like and want from each and go with your heart mate. This comes from someone that parted recently with a UK spec (no 11 of 80) R34 GTR, that was not shy of a few horses at all, and who sold a Porsche inless than 3 months after waiting a year for it because it did'nt meet the smile per mile rating i expected and i'm only just 1 week in Z onwership and its McDonalds!!!

Either way its upto you at the end of the day mate :), oh and :wave: at IanC

Andy

Guest RichJ
No, five 350's that in five years time will be covered in "car park dings".....:)

Probably right there, all except one is parked as close to the building as they could get. The other one is parked up the other end where all the spare parking spots are.

Guest Chubbylover
Probably right there, all except one is parked as close to the building as they could get. The other one is parked up the other end where all the spare parking spots are.

He's the clever one then - plus he gets a bit of exercise:eyebrows:

The 350Z slips in neatly with the Audi TT. Different league.

I think thats a bit of an insult ;)

RE This comment:

"I would say that Yes the supe can match (or beat) the 350Z in the power stakes, fair enough. I was simply pointing out that there was 10 - 15 years development in those power figures. If the 350Z after 4 years development was able to put out 450 - 500 bhp, in 10 years time there will probably be similair figures."

BPU Supras have been running this sort of power from day 0, its not taken 10 years to get that, it took 10 years to get 1200-1400 bhp out of them! After all you're looking at a detuned circa 500bhp engine that shipped with the Supra if you run silly high boost on the stock turbos.

Turbo'd Z's are damn quick too, there are videos of ones beating BPU Supras and vice versa floating around online for a while now.

As for Supras looking dated and Z's looking new.. yes they look new, but those looks will date quicker than a car with subtle lines (apart from the wing :lol:), trust me it always happens. 7th Gen Celica, 70s exotica etc... anyways no one can argue about looks because that comes down to individual opinion.

The brakes on the UK specs are superb, do you have any figires of a stock 350Z stopping from 60mph in 112ft?

Each to their own at the end of the day, if I was looking at a new company car I'd consider the Z for sure as its a better altenative than the AudiTT and fuel hungry RX8, thats probably why you see so many of them in your car park.

I think thats a bit of an insult ;)

Harsh perhaps, but as you show below, its true! :innocent:

Each to their own at the end of the day, if I was looking at a new company car I'd consider the Z for sure as its a better altenative than the AudiTT and fuel hungry RX8, thats probably why you see so many of them in your car park.

I do agree, the 350Z will not date well at all, to be honest it was nothing special when it came out and it will be downhill from here on in I reckon as they become more and more common. There is no way on earth it is as over engineered as the supra - 1400bhp drag racing on standard manual transmission anyone? 5, 6, 700 bhp from stock engines...

It's more likely the Z has more competition from subarus and evos, it's not got what it takes to be ranked as the best of breed, something you can say with some confidence about the supra, the gtr and the rx7 which all have something very special to offer in their own way.

well excuse me if I've got my facts wrong but I seem to recal drag racing in the states using standard manual transmission (clutch omitted obviously!) - do a search and I'm sure you will let me know if I'm talking bollox, but I don't think I am but maybe too many beers consumed here lol

well excuse me if I've got my facts wrong but I seem to recal drag racing in the states using standard manual transmission (clutch omitted obviously!) - do a search and I'm sure you will let me know if I'm talking bollox, but I don't think I am but maybe too many beers consumed here lol

I think you may be talking bollox mate...but you are excused on account of the beer. :D