The mkiv Supra Owners Club

350Z or not???

Scooby

Chop the Supra in for a 350Z  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Chop the Supra in for a 350Z

• Keep The Supra
    • Get A 350Z

Think it is the Supra owners who appear to have a chip on there shoulders.

I dont think it was the Supra owners saying the Supra cant handle, or has an inferior chassis etc.. its comments like those, with no factual information to back them up that makes people defensive.

Come back when you guys have some real world info for us to see with our own eyes how bad our car is, and how good the Z is, rather than polluting the forum with pub talk as thats all it sounds like to me.

I dont think anyone would have problems accepting facts either way.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gaz_chops
I dont think it was the Supra owners saying the Supra cant handle, or has an inferior chassis etc.. its comments like those, with no factual information to back them up that makes people defensive.

Come back when you guys have some real world info for us to see with our own eyes how bad our car is, and how good the Z is, rather than polluting the forum with pub talk as thats all it sounds like to me.

Notice you don't Quote who said this about the Supra! I can't find it in the posts. Must be a case of being too blinkered which is SO obvious. Think you are polluting your own forum without any help. LAST POST

well said that man. Without going back over all the posts I recall stuff (against the supra) along the lines of:

Bad handling

Bad reliability

Old car that's past it

Looks dated

It's a chavs car

Along with other misconceptions (such as how easy it is to tune)

This is misinformed pub talk at best, no wonder we will put the record straight when faced with such nonsense.

Must try harder (with objective facts and concrete examples) not speculation and hearsay...

Notice you don't Quote who said this about the Supra! I can't find it in the posts. Must be a case of being too blinkered which is SO obvious. Think you are polluting your own forum without any help. LAST POST

Are these enough for you?

This is the sort of crap I'm talking about. Its just drivel. :yawn: I asked where are the times, the facts etc? and NOTHING was posted.

1k to get 420bhp on a supra - I think you've been at the NO2 mate.

Even if you could get that for 1k - the 350Z would disappear round the first bend while you went through the hedge backwards, as your 13 year old suspension and brakes wouldn't be able to cope.

True - but I think that the 350Z has a better chassis and the times round a track may not go exactly as you would think, but on a drag strip it would be a different story :)

I would still like to see a standard 14 year old Supra worth 3 or 4 grand racing a standard 350Z round a track (obviously with drivers of comparable ability)

Who cares about drag racing? This isn't America we're talking about here - we have corners ;)

Yes, if it's out and out straight line speed in a dated looking old machine with an obsecenely ridiclous carrying handle for a wing you're after - go for a Supra. If it's looks, good performance and head-turning style you want - the Zed wins every time and always will. It already is a modern classic and it will become a total classic in 20 years, unlike the Supra, which is already fading into obscurity at an alarming rate.

When I was talking about the 350Z and the Supra round a track I was talking about standard cars in the spec that they rolled out of the showroom. NOT a Supra thats had seroius money spent on it

Suppose if i'm honest I think the Supra looks just what it is .... a 15 year old Jap car that in most cases (Glynns BH the exception) is chavved up and driven by chavs:innocent:

And the cherry on the cake: :rolleyes:

I've never owned a Supe

Now, I challenge you to find a post where I am bad mouthing your car like this.

Guest TheMinel

guys, I felt I had to pop over to make a few distinctions, before we find our Zeds vandalised @ JAE: these guys over here talking about the Z are from the 350zukownersclub.com but there's also another Club ( a free one to join and be full member of) over at http://www.350z-uk.com.

So please go vandalise the right cars @ JAE :D :D :D

we'll be the ones closest to the action, they'll be the ones in the top left corner of your map :D

PS what's the point in comparing the Z which has got a NA engine with a Supra TT, even in standard form?

IMO compare a TT Z with a TT Supra, a NA Z with a NA Supra.

Problem is the Z doesn't come stock with a TT, so you'd enter the modifications debate, which it's a completely different story: how much money spent on it etc etc etc.

Highly modified Zeds in the US already push over 600hp (Sharif's from ForgedInternals.com for example) with only about 3 years time for the aftermarket companies to work on the Zed. Let's revisit this thread in another 6 years (when the Uk market will have caught up too) and see which car then will be most popular, even for tuners ;)

And yeah I'll still have my z so depreciation is a non factor in my case ;)

guys, I felt I had to pop over to make a few distinctions, before we find our Zeds vandalised @ JAE: these guys over here talking about the Z are from the 350zukownersclub.com but there's also another Club ( a free one to join and be full member of) over at http://www.350z-uk.com.

we'll be the ones closest to the action, they'll be the ones in the top left corner of your map :D

PS what's the point in comparing the Z which has got a NA engine with a Supra TT, even in standard form?

Problem is the Z doesn't come stock with a TT, so you'd enter the modifications debate, which it's a completely different story: how much money spent on it etc etc etc.

Highly modified Zeds in the US already push over 600hp (Sharif's from ForgedInternals.cm for example) with only about 3 years time for the aftermarket companies to work on the Zed. Let's revisit this thread in another 6 years (when the Uk market will have caught up too) and see which car then will be most popular, even for tuners ;)

good post!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

Guys.... I am a Z owner and have always liked the look of the Supra, I have simply never considered buying one.

I like my Z and will say that it is different to the Supra in quite a few ways, but who bloody cares? They are both good cars with good and bad points, but who bloody cares? You like what you like and I like what I like. It really is that simple!

There have been a few poor comments made here and I'm sorry if you have been upset by them. I do have to say that there has been a fair amount of boring drivel written here and written by both sets of owners, nothing worse than this crap written here

Highly modified Zeds in the US already push over 600hp (Sharif's from ForgedInternals.com for example) with only about 3 years time for the aftermarket companies to work on the Zed. Let's revisit this thread in another 6 years (when the Uk market will have caught up too) and see which car then will be most popular, even for tuners ;)

I specifically refer to this:

I for one would never even thought that anyone from this site would even consider doing such a stupid thing, guys this idiot is know to us so please ignore his pathetic comments about vanadalism.

If any of you are going to JAE then please drop by and say hello. You really would be most welcome.

Good luck and enjoy your chosen car. The Supra is a good car and I think so is the 350Z.

Guest lloydmcc
Go for the 350, plus's are it's newer,more tuning is available now whether its turbo or a s/c kit, the look great only negatives are the cost to tune, they are at such a great price and I definately see a lot more supras on the road than 350's

where do live

i see way more 350s than supra

I specifically refer to this:

I for one would never even thought that anyone from this site would even consider doing such a stupid thing, guys this idiot is know to us so please ignore his pathetic comments about vanadalism.

:rlol:

I take it your site is also lacking a sense of humour?

Get over yourself...

I want everyone to jump off a cliff....!!! NOW!!

Oooh how silly and irresponsible of me. :rolleyes:

:rlol:

I take it your site is also lacking a sense of humour?

Get over yourself...

I want everyone to jump off a cliff....!!! NOW!!

Oooh how silly and irresponsible of me. :rolleyes:

How comical :p :)

Guest TheMinel

Nice to see a 60 odd year old man resort to name calling to what was just a joke, and even nicer to see that he, being a moderator (hence reflecting his Club's attitude) on the 350Z OC, hasn't yet learnt the meaning of SMILIES.... :search: no wonder we slowly get all their paid up founding members register onto our site, with that type of people moderating, ----> :jester: imagine the reign of terror! ! :spank:

The sad thing is that it's clear that the OLD MEN's 350Z OC is finally showing their true colours, their Chairman is not even on speaking terms with the well established 30 year old Z Club, and guess what, they'll be neighbours @ JAE :rlol:

he'll surely come back with a rude response, but I'll stop it here, their membership renewal time (and AGM) is due in a few months, who'll have the last laugh? ;) :drama:

PS guys your smilies are awesome!!!!!! :D :d :D

Ok went for a trip down to the beach the other week with my mate (150 mile round trip) spotted no supras at all yet 5 Z's were about and 2 skylines. On a day to day scale I see 2-3 Z's and never seen a supra (I walk) In my home town I have only ever seen 3 supras 1 was the same 1 yet I see Z's all the time I feel that they are not as rare as you may think. Ok I wouldn't say they are common but they are no where near exclusive. I would say the ratio down here is around 10 Z's per every Supra spot.

Every Nissan show room I have driven past have them in the window cant say as a kid I can ever remember seeing a supra in a show room.

Guest chesterfield

Hi,

Many may know me as one of the admins of 350z-uk.com (the free 350z uk site). Firstly, on behalf of the Z community, I'd like to apologise for some Z owners throwing toys out of the pram. I hope we can all get along. :)

Anyway - back to topic, when comparing the Supra and the Z, should we not compare the normally aspirated models? Rtahre than a TT supra V's a N/A Z?

The TT Supra should be compared to a TT z shouldn't it? Its just that a TT Z is not available off the shelf.

To be fair, the Supra in its day was a jaw droppingly (sp?) sexy car, and still turns heads today - sure they may be getting a bit long in the tooth now and some aspects starting to look dated compared to newer sports cars, but the car on the whole is certainly a lot better than many new cars produced today! Its quick, reliable and looks great. Whats not to like?

Ive actually been discussing with the missus the possibility of buying a car specifically for track days etc, as I want to learn how to drive on a track, but Im not taking the Z - so along with an older skyline, the Supra will probably be on the list too. Once funds allow, Ill probably be bombarding you guys with a whole host of "newbie" or "thinking of buying" questions. :)

Once again, sorry if anyone has been offended by what appears to be mass influx of Z owners jumping onto this thread to defend their cars (as Im sure you guys would deffend yours). If anyone is interested in the 350Z and wants to learn more, feel free to join our existing 800+ members at http://www.350z-uk.com

I'd just like to say some people, both Supra owners and otherwise need to grow up a little - the petty arguments over who's car is 'better' or quicker or turns the most heads blah blah blah is getting incredibly tiresome. I cannot believe that grown men and women are attempting to belittle other peoples cars - IT'S A CAR FOR F**K SAKE! A piece of machinery. Why can't people simply accept that some people love certain cars for whatever reason. I'm not having a go at anyone in particular, just a general rant. I tend to avoid these kind of threads, but when I saw it today, having been on here for a fair few days now, I had to have a read. If someone said to me, I think my car's better than yours because........ I'd say well I agree/don't agree but fair enough. To be honest, to me, speed isn't the most important thing about driving a nice car, isn't even close to looks, reliability, tuning potential, value etc. If I wanted a car that was mentally fast, I wouldn't have a got a Supra N/A!

Anyway, off my soap box now, just thought I'd join in with the ranting as everyone else was! :D

Anyway - back to topic, when comparing the Supra and the Z, should we not compare the normally aspirated models? Rtahre than a TT supra V's a N/A Z?

The TT Supra should be compared to a TT z shouldn't it? Its just that a TT Z is not available off the shelf.

Id have thought you can compare stock vs stock. So that is stock 350Z NA vs stock Supra NA or TT

or you can compare modified vs modified with similar budgets:

that being 350Z-T against an NA-T or supra TT with any one of a number of mods including big single and big twin conversions

it is not really fair to compare the very modified 350Z-T against a stock supra TT - why would it be, anymore than for us to compare a modified supra TT with massive turbo against a sock 350Z

again many big bhp supras still run stock engine internals and transmission - once you start talking built engines the limit on the 2jz-gte is very high. The limit even on the stock 2jz-gte is still high, somewhere between 600 and 1000bhp depending what you call 'reliable'

but that the stock internal 2jz-gte has lastest more than a moment with anything like 1000bhp is quite something in itself. Cars with this sort of bhp are not really going to be high mileage cars after all - people report 6-700bhp on stock internals as daily drivers clocking up lots of reliable miles though which ain't half bad - a massive bang for the buck so to speak :)

Sorry Paul, I agree the rag top zed is horible, although only with the roof up ..... with the roof down it's fine !!!!! Why couldn't they make an slk style tin top.

Be good if you do start sourcing 350z parts though !!!!!!! The veilside kit madam had off you for her supra was cock on mate !!!!! Thanks.