1. 1. Chop the Supra in for a 350Z

• Keep The Supra
    • Get A 350Z

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chubbylover
So this information currently on Nissan's UK website referring to the 300PS (295HP) 350Z is incorrect then?:

http://www.nissan.co.uk/home/vehicles/passenger/Z33/performance/index.html

You'd better inform Nissan UK. :rolleyes:

And if you weren't comparing the two cars, why spontaneously post up in gear speeds in response to someone posting up in gear speeds for the Supra?

:looney:

HaaaHaaa - Yes the Nissan website IS wrong (but that's nothing new!!!!).

To quote from the brochure, for example - "100km/h arrives from standstill in 5.8 exhilerating seconds" Typical brochure copywriter's crapspeak, but still 5.8 sec, as it says everywhere else, apart from that particular webpage!!! Bad luck mate!!

Duh - Let me say it simple for you - I - WASN'T - COMPARING - THE - CARS. The previous post gave me the thought (that's what previous posts do, you know) and I thought that maybe Scooby would like the information. Is that alright with you sir? Do I have permission to live sir?

My God, why are you lot so unfriendly and aggressive?

Over at http://www.350zUKownersclub.com we try to welcome new people - it's a pleasure that they are interested enough in the car to visit our site, so we welcome them. Come and visit - You'll see what I mean. (sits back and waits for the abusive bile that will masquerade as a response:gayfight: )

Audi S4 Cabriolet? can get a two year old car for under £30k?

:run:

NOt an Audi fan ...... snob value really, every since they aquired skoda :tongue: :tongue: Nah ...... just not keen really. I get attached to my cars (5 years with the merc) and would really want it from new, I'll take the depreciation rather than chop and change every year

Dont worry, I wont argue with what you want or your reasons, its just all the bad mouthing/shite stirring (not from you) of a car without an ounce of fact to argue over thats bugging me.

Not at all mate ....... at some point I'll have to change cars and it took me 2 years to find something to follow the slk which for my money WAS the best car I've ever owned ..... until Vauxhall used the bloody roof on the tigra and the residual collapsed DOOH.

So ...... any idea would be very welcome about now. If I had to change / economise now I'd look at Supra tt's or alfa 156's but they'd both create problems at work.

I don't know what i'd buy for that much new - I think I'd be depressed :(

but I concede that if I was forced to make that decision the Z would be on the list (mainly cause there is f-all to choose from though!)

btw my car also has like new interior. The only thing is the dash panel around the guages, and that can be repainted or replaced - hardly something to condem a car over lol - it doesn't even concern me as it can be replaced as and when I feel like it - it's a trivial thing

I don't know what i'd buy for that much new - I think I'd be depressed :(

I was too mate ........ I spent two years looking and the only thing that tickled my fancy in the price bracket was the zed. I'd love a 911 but couldn't possibly afford that at the moment so the zed was my compromise. Plus it introduced me to car forums and jap car meets !!!!!

I'm sure your car looks stunning and at some point I'd love to meet, have a beer and drool all over it. I like motley's interior too but there's always something that isn't just as we want it ...... that's the deal with modding a 10 year old car. In many respects you can get them better than new ...... but never every respect. I remember Keron's car last year ...... fantastic but I can remember thinking the trim round the window switches could be finished better...... doesn't detract from the work he's put in and the way in which the car was universally appreciated. I think Rays the Roof said it's easy to make a new car look good in a show and shine but with an older car it takes some time and effort. Our supra gets polished four time for every time I polish the zed ....... I just don't have enough time for two Supras ...... call me lazy ..... but I think that's what some of the zed owners are trying to get across ..... maybe one of the great things about a zed is it's ease of maintenance ..... swill and drive I'll call it.

Would a TT supra not be more expensive to run than a 350z in terms of petrol, insurance etc? Also, there is no warranty if things go wrong.

I suppose it depends how you pay for them in the first place. I bought my supra outright, but spent enough on mods in the first 3 years to have had a much more expensive car on the drip.

I was too mate ........ I spent two years looking and the only thing that tickled my fancy in the price bracket was the zed. I'd love a 911 but couldn't possibly afford that at the moment so the zed was my compromise. Plus it introduced me to car forums and jap car meets !!!!!

well in your circumstances I think you made a decent choice and I can't really see a problem with that, it is still a good car afterall and better than many.

the subject of this discussion has changed. For its price bracket compared to other new cars, the Z is a strong option. This however has nothing to do with it being better than a supra TT (regardless of age or cost) and that is the bit I refute. Other than that I think our opinions probably arn't a million miles apart so enjoy it...

at least you got introduced to the jap car scene with a car half respectable that has some potential, you could have got an expensive ford or other family saloon, then there would be no helping you lol - so good on ya

Duh - Let me say it simple for you - I - WASN'T - COMPARING - THE - CARS. The previous post gave me the thought (that's what previous posts do, you know) and I thought that maybe Scooby would like the information. Is that alright with you sir? Do I have permission to live sir?

My God, why are you lot so unfriendly and aggressive?

Woooah, defensive much? :blink:

well in your circumstances I think you made a decent choice and I can't really see a problem with that, it is still a good car afterall and better than many.

the subject of this discussion has changed. For its price bracket compared to other new cars, the Z is a strong option. This however has nothing to do with it being better than a supra TT (regardless of age or cost) and that is the bit I refute. Other than that I think our opinions probably arn't a million miles apart so enjoy it...

at least you got introduced to the jap car scene with a car half respectable that has some potential, you could have got an expensive ford or other family saloon, then there would be no helping you lol - so good on ya

Chilli mate ...... it seems like we're on the same wave length after all ...... I'll check back but I'd be surprised if I'VE said that the 350 is a faster or more powerful car than the tt ....... I still remember having IanR clambering all over me on last years Midlands Gumball ...... I don't think anyone would argue that the zed holds it's own a little better in the twisties but I tend to restrict myself to abusing madam in her na ...... that's the real reason she hasn't had a tt, I'd never hear the last of it !!!!!! When such a discussion arises on the zed site I'm usually the one standing up for the supe's performance so I'm practiced with both sides of the arguement !!!!! I'll throw another cat in with the pidgeons and say when ours are sat side by side I prefer the Supra's looks but that's cus I love the veilside kit on the supe ......... wait for it, wait for it !!!!!! But as the NA isn't performance modded and runs on 19" wheels I find it a harsh and rattly ride when compared to the zed although I love the auto box and find the engine runs majestically ....... but it's fooking low down to get into too for a big bloke !!!!!!

Would a TT supra not be more expensive to run than a 350z in terms of petrol, insurance etc? Also, there is no warranty if things go wrong.

I suppose it depends how you pay for them in the first place. I bought my supra outright, but spent enough on mods in the first 3 years to have had a much more expensive car on the drip.

Running costs ........ I can only talk stock NA vs stock 350 ( I guess the stock tt might drink a bit more but probably not that much because of the way the turbos are used) ..... virtually identical for what it's worth. Both take £60 a week in fuel for roughly the same trip (I average 25 mpg in the zed ) ..... while it's old the supra doesn't class as a classic car so tax is the same and insurance is about £1000 for both of us on each car ....... to be honest ..... nothing in it. Zed possibly more expensive to service as I need to maintain warranty and supra gets done once a year !!!!!! Zed chews tyres but I swap between OE & Toyos as OE bridgestone are very soft and not great in the rain. Supra is usually driven by a woman so wheel dinks need to be repaired to balance this ..... although she is learning. In terms of mods ..... anything I do to the zed has to be done to the supra so I am now going to have to spring for a blitz exhaust to make up for the invidia I have aquired for the zed.

The moral of this story is don't let your other half take an interest in cars !!!!!!

I don't think anyone would argue that the zed holds it's own a little better in the twisties

Are you saying in irrefutably does or it doesn't? Either way, it seems evident that opinion is decidedly split on the matter, there's certainly no consensus one way or another.

Personally I've never been aware of the 350Z being renowned for it's handling. But then again neither is the Supra, and from personal experience I know that's very unfair, I think it's at it's best around sweeping bends.

Are you saying in irrefutably does or it doesn't? Either way, it seems evident that opinion is decidedly split on the matter, there's certainly no consensus one way or another.

Personally I've never been aware of the 350Z being renowned for it's handling. But then again neither is the Supra, and from personal experience I know that's very unfair, I think it's at it's best around sweeping bends.

No I'm saying that in a straight line the zed won't beat a supra.

Round bends the zed will fair better ....... don't know how much better or if it will match or better the supra but Nissan have made great play of the efforts they have made with the handling and for me (a relatively crap driver) it is a very stable car in bends under normal driving conditions ..... I would only assume a decent driver would find it quite an enjoyable drive under such circumstances.

No I'm saying that in a straight line the zed won't beat a supra.

Round bends the zed will fair better ....... don't know how much better or if it will match or better the supra but Nissan have made great play of the efforts they have made with the handling and for me (a relatively crap driver) it is a very stable car in bends under normal driving conditions ..... I would only assume a decent driver would find it quite an enjoyable drive under such circumstances.

Same goes for a TT though? My mate with an Impreza was shocked at how well the supra went round twisties (this was when i was standard boost with just an exhaust on), even said it was quicker than his old style Impreza would of been. Made him start saving for a supra instead.

Don't think either party is winning this argument lol

Awwww ........ I'm just happy for a mutual love in anyway !!!!!!

I like both cars for different reasons. Although I realise they aint everyone's cup of tea ........ I really like what I think are sports car looks; muscular wheel arches, sleek roof lines and squat stance on the road. In my sig on the Zed site I have these side on pics of each car and I think they have very similar lines, i'm sure everyone will disagree

lol the 350Z looks like a squashed supra :D someone's squeezed it length ways and then squashed the spoiler down :D

My point exactly Kopite ........ it's been amusing the shit out of me for ages ...... hence the reason I get amused when zed owners say it looks dated and supra owners say it looks horrible ...... admittedly for me the supe looks more slender and I've gone for an veilside wing on the zed as I hate the back without it. It looks even more similar with an OE bumper on the fron of the supe !!!!!

Guest Chubbylover
lol the 350Z looks like a squashed supra :D someone's squeezed it length ways and then squashed the spoiler down :D

:clown: Why can't you just admit that the Zed is a better looking sports coupe, instead of feebly trying to take the piss - I know I'll be happy to do that in 10 years time, if Toyota release one that looks better than the Zed.

...and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to dismiss the Zed's victories in the link above.:hide:

:clown: Why can't you just admit that the Zed is a better looking sports coupe, instead of feebly trying to take the piss - I know I'll be happy to do that in 10 years time, if Toyota release one that looks better than the Zed.

...and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to dismiss the Zed's victories in the link above.:hide:

Piss of dude i wasn't takin the piss, look at the pic and you'll see it's true. If you checked what i said earlier, i've got nothing against the 350Z at all and if i was after a brand new sports coupe then i'd be choosing one!