The mkiv Supra Owners Club

350Z or not???

Scooby

Chop the Supra in for a 350Z  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Chop the Supra in for a 350Z

• Keep The Supra
    • Get A 350Z

Personally I love the look of the 350Z, when it came out I said that'd be my Supe replacement in a few years time when decent Supes are hard to come by. Have got to say, like with the Audi TT, seeing more and more on the road makes it seem a little less special though. Unlike the Audi, they still catch the eye when you see one though, especially in that lovely blue and not so lovely (IMHO) orange.

:looney:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's a big fat porker 911 everytime ...... always has been since I was a kid ....... something to do with muscular rear wheel arches ..... I think that's why I like the supe and the zed, they have a muscular look about the back quarters that the Audi TT lacks. I just think it's the real deal when it comes to sports or GT type cars (I'm excluding lotus roller skates obviously) I guess I could have bought a poor man's porsche when I bought the zed but hey ....... 911 or bust.

On the zed vs supra issue ...... for me it comes down to the simple fact that it's mt everyday car ..... it has to start every morning and also has to be fun. The other thing is much as I really love Supras ..... at my stage in life I want a new car as my main car and although I haven't seen all the cars in the club, there are very few that I would say have interior trim, carpets and seats that are ..... as good as new. I know people have spent lots of cash on their supras, me included for what it's worth, but even a retrim isn't as good as OE trim ..... sorry guys, that's just the way I see it. That being said if I had to economise (and that a very real prospect) I'd probably look at a tt supra as a realistic alternative.

mt everyday car ..... it has to start every morning and also has to be fun.

wtf is there such a powerful car more reliable than the supra? lol jeez you guys make me laugh!

ok so it may not be 100% practical all the time but that's what I love about it. People who need practical buy audi tts etc and those cars are all the less special because of it!

as for having both, no thanks. I could make a long list of cars I'd have but the z doesn't even make the list I'm afraid, why would it? what is special or good about it?

Guest eddmac
wtf is there such a powerful car more reliable than the supra? lol jeez you guys make me laugh!

ok so it may not be 100% practical all the time but that's what I love about it. People who need practical buy audi tts etc and those cars are all the less special because of it!

as for having both, no thanks. I could make a long list of cars I'd have but the z doesn't even make the list I'm afraid, why would it? what is special or good about it?

I think you forget that AFREEMASON owns both Supra and 350Z - if anyone knows the difference - he does ;)

When he talks about reliability he means that it starts and runs every time and never breaks down.

Others have said that top Supra's fetch 10k - well wooo bloody hooo - how much money has been spent on it to get it UP to 10k in value?

yes when the 350Z is 10 years old it probably will drop below 10k but thats fair enough - for a standard car that has ahd no money spent on it.

I wonder how many Supras will be around then?

When I was talking about the 350Z and the Supra round a track I was talking about standard cars in the spec that they rolled out of the showroom. NOT a Supra thats had seroius money spent on it - after all, with enough money you can make almost anything handle.

If you want to compare straight line performance between two vehicles of comparable price - i'll see you at santa pod on my CBR ;)

When I was talking about the 350Z and the Supra round a track I was talking about standard cars in the spec that they rolled out of the showroom. NOT a Supra thats had seroius money spent on it - after all, with enough money you can make almost anything handle.

Supra would still win dude. (TT i mean). Especially on stock 17s they will go round a track very nicely. Again not joining in the Z bashing because i love them too :)

Nice vid here of a Supra on a track http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Toyota/5/8C915176-1479-46E6-90AA-CDF6EFDF2509.htm

I think you forget that AFREEMASON owns both Supra and 350Z - if anyone knows the difference - he does ;)

Others have said that top Supra's fetch 10k - well wooo bloody hooo - how much money has been spent on it to get it UP to 10k in value?

He doesnt own a propper Supra, so he cant compare ;)

No money has been spent getting to them up to value, mods actually devalue most cars! with standard ones usually fetching more- do your homework!

Where are all YOUR facts about how good the Z is on a track, post up some times so we can compare how wonderful this car is, instead of spouting off. :rolleyes:

Firstly I didn't say a reliable car had to be powerful, I said for me I need something that starts every morning ...... there is a difference, I need a car ideally still within warranty !!!!!!!

Come on chilli mate ...... be honest ...... you start playing with a tt and you do compromise the reliability ....... it's well know, and regularly discussed on here that a stock tt is bullet proof ....... I use his name in vain but last time I spoke with CJ he confirmed what a pain it is to keep a modded tt on the road all the time !!!!!!! I haven't just visited this site to pi55 you off, I'm a paid up member and have been for a while and I read the posts regularly where modded cars have gone pop. I've been on Supra meets when we've lost people through breakdowns. By all means be passionate but please don't become deluded.

I think the zeds a great car, not in the same way the supras a great car but I like them both ...... they both make me smile. How impartial are you mate ..... you owned a zed? You even driven a zed? By all means express you're oppinion mate but don't get nasty while doing it. If you want to slag off the 350 properly come to the Midlands gumball and you can come out in mine (as madam will be in the supra that day) and they you can pick all the holes you like in it mate. Until then a simple, "I'm sure it has it's merits and obviously you like it, but it's not my cup of tea thanks mate" will do.

For what it's worth the guys from the 350 club generally appreciate Supras, well ours anyway, it was on the 350z plot last year at JAE ....... don't suppose you guys would like to host my zed this year and be equally complimentary would you ??????

I think you will find the car is an NA for starters and possibly the other half's if I'm not mistaken lol - let's compare like for like since performance is a key factor and the TT is the car to blow the Z into the dust. unless it's an NA-T ;)

When he talks about reliability he means that it starts and runs every time and never breaks down.

wow thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realise there was another meaning for reliability?

I think you will find that the supra is very reliable in all departments because it is so overengineered.

you are just seeing new car reliability - there is no way it is so over engineered and ultimately this will show up ;)

I think you miss the point. The main stay of the supra bashing seemed to be that it is old and worth less money. I was mearly pointing out that a) this is a good thing because you can get a lot of car for the money and b) The z will depreciate like a falling stone c) who cares anyway, we have the cars out of preference not cost. I wouldn't want a Z if new it was the same price as a 10year old supra, let alone having to pay more for it! doh what a double whammy

probably quite a few, the car is special enough to care about and is not in the same bucket as company cars that are used and then disposed of ;)

that's lucky because it does handle to start with, please get your facts straight :p

If you want to compare straight line performance between two vehicles of comparable price - i'll see you at santa pod on my CBR ;)

ahhh moving goal posts eh, that will reinforce your argument no end :p

For me it's a big fat porker 911 everytime ...... always has been since I was a kid ....... something to do with muscular rear wheel arches ..... I think that's why I like the supe and the zed, they have a muscular look about the back quarters that the Audi TT lacks. I just think it's the real deal when it comes to sports or GT type cars (I'm excluding lotus roller skates obviously) I guess I could have bought a poor man's porsche when I bought the zed but hey ....... 911 or bust.

On the zed vs supra issue ...... for me it comes down to the simple fact that it's mt everyday car ..... it has to start every morning and also has to be fun. The other thing is much as I really love Supras ..... at my stage in life I want a new car as my main car and although I haven't seen all the cars in the club, there are very few that I would say have interior trim, carpets and seats that are ..... as good as new. I know people have spent lots of cash on their supras, me included for what it's worth, but even a retrim isn't as good as OE trim ..... sorry guys, that's just the way I see it. That being said if I had to economise (and that a very real prospect) I'd probably look at a tt supra as a realistic alternative.

If you really had to economise, why not get a Soarer. Cheaper than Soops, comfortable and they all drive "as new".....:)

Firstly I didn't say a reliable car had to be powerful, I said for me I need something that starts every morning ...... there is a difference, I need a car ideally still within warranty !!!!!!!

Come on chilli mate ...... be honest ...... you start playing with a tt and you do compromise the reliability ....... it's well know, and regularly discussed on here that a stock tt is bullet proof ....... I use his name in vain but last time I spoke with CJ he confirmed what a pain it is to keep a modded tt on the road all the time !!!!!!! I haven't just visited this site to pi55 you off, I'm a paid up member and have been for a while and I read the posts regularly where modded cars have gone pop. I've been on Supra meets when we've lost people through breakdowns. By all means be passionate but please don't become deluded.

I think the zeds a great car, not in the same way the supras a great car but I like them both ...... they both make me smile. How impartial are you mate ..... you owned a zed? You even driven a zed? By all means express you're oppinion mate but don't get nasty while doing it. If you want to slag off the 350 properly come to the Midlands gumball and you can come out in mine (as madam will be in the supra that day) and they you can pick all the holes you like in it mate. Until then a simple, "I'm sure it has it's merits and obviously you like it, but it's not my cup of tea thanks mate" will do.

For what it's worth the guys from the 350 club generally appreciate Supras, well ours anyway, it was on the 350z plot last year at JAE ....... don't suppose you guys would like to host my zed this year and be equally complimentary would you ??????

get a TT, BPU it and then come back to us with how good the Z is, I doubt you will because you will be too busy enjoying it!

and I've never owned one BECAUSE I NEVER WANT TO! It's not difficult!

oh and if you really need to keep it standard, the TT is faster (and probably ultimately more reliable since it is not stressed (it's very overengineered)) anyway so your argument doesn't make a lot of sense

He doesnt own a propper Supra, so he cant compare ;)

No money has been spent getting to them up to value, mods actually devalue most cars! with standard ones usually fetching more- do your homework!

Where are all YOUR facts about how good the Z is on a track, post up some times so we can compare how wonderful this car is, instead of spouting off. :rolleyes:

Oi screw you butt wipe ...... I take back everything nice I've ever said about your car :boxing: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: I didn't have many problems keeping up with the tt boys on the M42 last time out.

You'll notice I never talk about performance as such ........ I have been taken out by class1 recently and I can confirm that the tt is rapid, never said it wasn't ....... and in his expert hands I'm sure it handles too !!!!! ...... Hey, I'm a supra fan ...... won't deny it. BUt I also really like my zed !

Unlike the Audi, they still catch the eye when you see one though, especially in that lovely blue and not so lovely (IMHO) orange.

The reason tha 350 looks good in blue is because it hides that terrible crease that runs along the rear quarter. I hate that...what a design fkup that is. Spoils the lines of the car, which otherwise I would quite like, apart from the vertically stretched headlight cluster (yuk..).....

Nissan did the same thing on the 300ZX. In any colour but black there was that ugly black surround showing on the headlights.. Stood out like a sore thumb....

get a TT, BPU it and then come back to us with how good the Z is, I doubt you will because you will be too busy enjoying it!

and I've never owned one BECAUSE I NEVER WANT TO! It's not difficult!

oh and if you really need to keep it standard, the TT is faster (and probably ultimately more reliable since it is not stressed (it's very overengineered)) anyway so your argument doesn't make a lot of sense

Mate, you seem to avoid the point I make about trim. I've never seen a supra with trim as good as a new car ....... it doesn't happen, I've spent a load of cash on ours and it's good but not "new" good. That's what I need in my every day car at the moment. Reliability ....... so you're conceeding my point that modded tt's are less reliable than stock ones! Thanks, that's what I said in the first place. The 3.5 V6 isn't exactly at it's limit either ....... you're right it does make for a very reliable mota doesn't it ....... must be a jap thing !

Ok he's the question ...... you've just had five blissful years in a mercedes slk, your girlfriend has a Supra NA that you've resprayed, retrimmed and put 19" rims on to make it her dream car, yes admittedly and NA but they are fun too you tt snob, you've got £25-£30 k to spend on a 'new' car (NOT A SECOND HAND ONE) ..... what should I buy Chilli. Given my criteria I think most will agree that the zed is both an interesting and fun option. Don't start your ..... I'd spend it on a supe and mod it crap ..... I can't ..... it needs to be a new car !!!!!! I don't need a weekend car ..... I ride a bike !!!!! Come on then smartie pants, what else, cus I just about ruled everything else out when I had the decision.

Mate, you seem to avoid the point I make about trim. I've never seen a supra with trim as good as a new car ....... it doesn't happen, I've spent a load of cash on ours and it's good but not "new" good. That's what I need in my every day car at the moment. Reliability ....... so you're conceeding my point that modded tt's are less reliable than stock ones! Thanks, that's what I said in the first place.

Ok he's the question ...... you've just had five blissful years in a mercedes slk, your girlfriend has a Supra NA that you've resprayed, retrimmed and put 19" rims on to make it her dream car, yes admittedly and NA but they are fun too you tt snob, you've got £25-£30 k to spend on a 'new' car (NOT A SECOND HAND ONE) ..... what should I buy Chilli. Given my criteria I think most will agree that the zed is both an interesting and fun option. Don't start your ..... I'd spend it on a supe and mod it crap ..... I can't ..... it needs to be a new car !!!!!! I don't need a weekend car ..... I ride a bike !!!!! Come on then smartie pants, what else, cus I just about ruled everything else out when I had the decision.

1. 30k's worth of Honda NSX (you just have to look at one when you see it don't you?)

2. Late second hand Boxter (I know, I know...)

But both would hold better value that the zed, and both would be as reliable....just my 1/2 Scots way of thinking...:)

Oi screw you butt wipe ...... I take back everything nice I've ever said about your car :boxing: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: I didn't have many problems keeping up with the tt boys on the M42 last time out.

You'll notice I never talk about performance as such ........ I have been taken out by class1 recently and I can confirm that the tt is rapid, never said it wasn't ....... and in his expert hands I'm sure it handles too !!!!! ...... Hey, I'm a supra fan ...... won't deny it. BUt I also really like my zed !

Haha, just messing with you but they are two different cars as much as you want to argue the fact :) You said nice comments about my car? Thanks :) Personally I do like the Z's.

why does it have to be a new car? :blink:

£25-30k? I may actually rather go with the S2000 :tongue:

(ps, how much do Nobles go for now? :eyebrows: )

Stipulations at work ...... we insist that our guys who get a car allowance have a car under three years old and under warranty to preserve both the company image and make sure they get to work every morning ...... so we have to toe the same line even though we don't get a car allowance as such. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm six foot three and 18 stone, I don't fit in an s2000, the bulkhead behind your left elbow is too close for me ...... tried it, really liked it but I'm too fat I guess ..... nice try but ...... NEXT

1. 30k's worth of Honda NSX (you just have to look at one when you see it don't you?)

2. Late second hand Boxter (I know, I know...)

But both would hold better value that the zed, and both would be as reliable....just my 1/2 Scots way of thinking...:)

NSX & Boxter ...... second hand ...... would have to be under two years old .... NSX out ...... and WHEN I have a proker it'll be a 911. I did consider the Boxter but couldn't risk shooting my porker bolt too soon.

Ah the EVO ....... can't do Evo's and Scoobies ...... I know they perform and I'd love that ...... but I really don't like the visuals ..... I just think you'd never find it again at sainsburys ..... zed and the supe stand out a mile visually for me. So Evo and Scooby are NO but I'll accept it's a girlie view !!!!!

I'm in the same boat with the car allowance, I still drive the Supra ;)

Like I said earlier, I'd go with the new Lexus if forced.

New Lexus ...... mmmmm now there's something I've been coming round to since I bought the zed although it's a bit too sensible for me this side of a mid life crisis ....... but yes ....... you've snuck in an outside option there mate !

Haha, just messing with you but they are two different cars as much as you want to argue the fact :) You said nice comments about my car? Thanks :) Personally I do like the Z's.

Hey ....... I'm the first to say they're different cars ...... if we hadn't spent the cash getting the supe the way Motley wanted it she'd be in a tt right now but it was a full respray and I can't see a way of transfering that to a new car ;) ;) ;)

When did this turn from a 350Z is faster than a TT Supe through the twisties to a 350Z is a better £25K under 2 year old car than a TT Supe discussion? ;)

I bet the 11 year old carpet in my Supe looks better than any 1 year old carpet you can find in a Z. Seats are mint too (okay there's 1 loose thread). Dashboard and door cards excellent too.