The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South East Meet- 11th January 2004- 2PM

Supragal

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supragal ... I'll be going via M3 J3, so we can always convoy down with anyone else in the area? I think I know where I am going! :conf:

Basically .... On at M3 J3 and keep going ALL the way to J14. Off at 14, straight over the roundabout and onto 'The Avenue'. Go down there for a few miles and you then hit a big 'oval' roundabout where you want to head down 'London Road' (2nd or 3rd Exit maybe?). Turn right at the lights at the end of 'London Road' and follow the road round. At the 3rd set of lights (big ones - you should see 'The Marlands' center ahead), you want to turn right (down the hill) where you should see 'Toys 'R' Us' ahead of you. Turn left into the road just before 'Toys 'R' Us, and right at the next lights (past the coach station). You will see the big retail park with Allied Carpets, JJB, Staples ahead. Just turn right at the mini roundabout and follow the road up to the roundabout outside McDonalds. Turn left there and into the Staples car park ..... Simple as that :p :p . Nah ... it's pretty easy really.

Although I haven't been down there for a few months, so I may have missed something important .... but I'm sure anyone local will point that out!

Cheers, J :cool:

when comin from bournemouth was thinking.... M27 onto M271 then follow signs for town centre (along that long 50mph road wit cameras on it) until see west quay signs follow signs for west quay, goin past giant hotel on right on a roundabout that has a bricked bit round the roundabout (all i remember) and just before arriving at west quay turn left into shopping place wit mc d'ys on left wit allied on right etc... and turn right into car park... a map would help me! as cant remember it all correctly!!! :blink:

does this osund right??

A map of the basics of how to get there based upon the directions given above can be found here. M3 route is in orange, M271 is in green. Please note there are several speed cameras along the routes once you leave the motorways, so be careful.

In addition to JamesArup directions, the road 'The Avenue' actually starts as 'Bassett Avenue' and then turns into 'The Avenue'. Both roads are also refered to as the A33.

Hope this helps.

I'm gonna add Jamin in as he's only just down the road and if he can't make it then he can take himself off :)

I'd say directionwise, anyone coming down the M3 would be better going onto the M27 and coming off at Jnctn 3 M271, it's much easier and alot less likely to get lost.

Unless JamesArup is leading the convoy down the Avenue :)

Originally posted by Jive

I'd say directionwise, anyone coming down the M3 would be better going onto the M27 and coming off at Jnctn 3 M271, it's much easier and alot less likely to get lost.

I was going to suggest that, but as I haven't been the Avenue route in years now I wasn't sure if it had been made any easier to navigate. The M271 route is longer, but a lot more obvious as to where you are going. I'm comming from the Portsmouth direction and I'll be taking the M271 route.

Well the Avenue way is ok - but seeing as I usually get lost going down the M3 and trying to get onto the Avenue .......

The M271 and Millbrook road way is alot easier I must say, still we've got another 15 or more days to decide or for people to choose :)