MR.B

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by mawby

Looking at the leafet your correct. Maybe they're trying to speed things up as normally you have to park up and go to the building on the very far right to get your pre-paid ticket which caused laods of confussion and congestion.

Actually, thinking about it, she may have said "right building" and I was thinking booth because I'd seen that on the map. Would surprise me if Pod had in fact done something to improve effeciency!

:looney:

Originally posted by Trig10uk

To race down the strip will we need to bring our MOT certificate?

I'm not running down the strip, but if memory serves me correctly - I think you need your driving licence [valid] only to rip-the-strip :cool:

Originally posted by lust2luv

Would surprise me if Pod had in fact done something to improve effeciency!

:looney:

PMSL

Stickers may be in the post, I posted the last one out yesterday afternoon just before the post was collected. That sticker should arrive on Saturday morning.

I have Justin’s sticker and eight to give out some how and two spare. All the rest, 28 were posted Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning. I can only match up a few BBS names with real names so can’t help when people post saying that they have not got stickers.

Please send me a PM “ No ********sticker” ---- (insert as appropriate) if you are concerned , giving your real name so I can see if you are on my list of stickers posted. We need to find out if any are not accounted for and stuck behind a desk in sorting office or chewing gummed to my local letter box .

Giving me your reg number may be a good idea to aid distribution on Sunday.

If you can send me a PM “ Yippee Got It” with your real name, if you have got your sticker that would help as well.

Also got an envelope to late to deal with, from Flintshire with a mobile phone number that does not work, and saying a BBS member suggested "Rob" contact me for a sticker for an event at POD on the 25 October. No can do. You can have one of the spare oines for the 12th but it wont do you much good.:p

I've never been before to pod, but was told the queueing situation can be a total nightmare!

Do we just queue with everyone else (even though they're going to normal carpark) or do we take a different route in or something? Iknow this was kind of discussed above, but couldn't get my head round what people were saying/describing

Anyone help me out at all?

Also....everyone getting there early or what?

Originally posted by dandan

I've never been before to pod, but was told the queueing situation can be a total nightmare!

Do we just queue with everyone else (even though they're going to normal carpark) or do we take a different route in or something? Iknow this was kind of discussed above, but couldn't get my head round what people were saying/describing

Basically getting into and parking at POD isn't a big problem. There may be queues but they are always moving at a reasonable rate. The problem comes with queueing to actually register yourself to do runs down the strip. Now that's where it's a slow painful process and lots of hanging around. :confused:

Originally posted by Ouzolover

J, M & M, see you 2.30 Newbury.

Cheers.... G

Car has just been washed, off to have me head shaved now and will polish when I get back :)

m & m - we still on for Winnal at 2.00pm?

Ouzolover - see you at 2.30pm [hopefully] :D

this off the GTR board if anyone finds it useful ..

Copy of the days timed events

Track Running Order :

8:00am Gates open

9:00am Signing on office opens (at start line)

10:00am Track opens

10:00am Pod Shop opens

11:00am Helicopter rides start

01:00pm Track breaks for lunch

01:30pm Track re-opens

05:00pm Track closes

05:00pm Prize-giving takes place for fastest time of day

Originally posted by Jive

Car has just been washed, off to have me head shaved now and will polish when I get back :)

m & m - we still on for Winnal at 2.00pm?

Ouzolover - see you at 2.30pm [hopefully] :D

is that your head or your car you are going to polish :D

yes 2

i just got home from work

I just got my camcorder out and found I have no mini-dv tapes left, anybody got a spare they could bring along?

I got home late so I havent cleaned the car yet...I may just have to enforce my reputation as having the dirtiest car in the club tomorrow.

JB

John,

I've got some spare, I'll bring one along for you.

Originally posted by Branners

B]I just got my camcorder out and found I have no mini-dv tapes left, anybody got a spare they could bring along?

I got home late so I havent cleaned the car yet...I may just have to enforce my reputation as having the dirtiest car in the club tomorrow.

JB [/b]

I just got my camcorder out and found I have no mini-dv tapes left, anybody got a spare they could bring along?

JB

Oi! I've won the "dirtiest Supra of meet" 4/4 meets I've been to, that's my crown dammit!! :D

-p

So.. uuh.. I don't.. like have a sticker.. or a ticket..

So umm.. do I just turn up and try and get in? I'm guessing I won't be able to park with the rest of you in the display area?

What's the score if you're as organised as me on the day? Anybody know?

.. more's the point, where the hell am I going? I'd best look this up..

-p

Stop bragging John, your cars never been as bad as Chris R's at Boxhill last time :p

And Pulse.. you can pay for a ticket when you get at the gate, get in, park up in the public area.. walk over to the club, find Termy (Phil) get your sticker, go back to car, put it on and drive around to the club area! ;)

Directions for you... coming from where? Get off M1 and head for Bozeat on the A509, it should be sign posted from there on, if not, follow all the Jap cars you'll no doubt see :D (Heading for Podington)

MAP