• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

?

Attachment: spot to soops and pete b at work.jpg

Wahey! Mine be's the black of them thar two soops :)

Did he win on the day ?

Who was in the red soop when he fluffed it ~5pm ?

(I bet you had to change your pants )

That was fantastic when he went for the NOS and flew sideways across the track :) Right into the path of the red Supe! :eek:

Fortunately he didn't go TOO far over the line, and managed to bring it back fairly nicely, for (as far as I remember) his slowest run of the day by about 5 seconds (15.4 on that run from the Skyline if I recall..). And I THINK he won on the day (10.1 springs to mind).

-p

Well what can I say....:eek: Great day out...:D Shame about the parking...:mad: I arrived at about 11:00 spent at least 45 mins queing and then could not get near the parking area.... To many lemmings in the way.....:(

On the bright side though I saw some great races and some very nice Soops. In the end I left mine next to the CRD Supra as this was as close as I could get. Was well suprised at how quick some of those GTI-R things ran...:eek: Did not get to see too many of you as you were all off enjoying the races but it was good to see the ones I did. :)

Matt H's new yellow beast made it I saw and thought it looked wicked. Did not get to meet the man himself yet though.

Got to say a big thanks to Pete and his team at Thor aswell, was really good to get the car on the dyno even if it was godd and bad news. 420bhp at the flywheel when it's not running properly, can't wait to get it sorted and see what it makes.

Look forward to the trackday.:D

Cheers

:cool:

Thanks to Phil for organising a good day out. No thanks to Pod for not being able to organise parking or even point people in the right direction. (Ended up being directed towards the drag strip start line when I wanted the club area, no way back and couldn't sign on to drag my way back either, only option drive through the trade area. Oh well:p )

Thanks also to Thor engineering. The car managed 321 BHP and 305 ft/lb. Not bad for Jap spec with the only mod being an a HKS super dragger and mid pipe. Oddly though seemed to be running 0.9 bar, maybe a result of mid pipe?

Other than that quite a good day out.

Again Phil, many thanks.

This was my first event and had a great day out. It was nice to put some snames to faces and see some great looking Supe's.

Have got plenty of ideas for mods to come now and going to POD and seeing all those fats cars is going to cost me even more money now!:(

I have to ask though who had the red Supra parked at the back of the club area with that awesome rear diffuser. I was trying to find you all day to ask but you were hiding!

Again, big thanks Phil for your time and effort to make the day possible.

Oh, and lust2luv, you are a crazy nutter, not only locking yourself out of your car but shredding up the motorway, driving into the wrong lane and round the M40/A34 Cherwell roundabout at about 90mph! I was going to try and catch you but the traffic was shit and got stopped at the lights.:D

Superb day. My first. 13.8.... bugger nerves. 14.8 oops dont start in second and 13.6.... all running 1.25/7 bar with a full 68 L tank and here come the excuses!!!

My m8 Baz using the gears with Trac off and fuse out ran a 13.7, 13.4 and a no time which looked like his quickest at 13 or so.

Geeza. What can I say. You had the stronger car on the day. But then there is always tomorrow and the bank Manager!

Phill. Thanks M8. Qausar - sorry, Roy... should have run guy.

I feasr the end of the day yet again ended in Jason and Geeza getting a majestic arse at 100 leptons from the pass window - mmm cold 2.

;)

I did pass Geeza and that was just in "D" !!! llllllooooolllll:conf: :twak: :flame Dev

did some one say chicken beat\'n !.jpg

Originally posted by Mid'lifecry'sis

Superb day. My first. 13.8.... bugger nerves. 14.8 oops dont start in second and 13.6.... all running 1.25/7 bar with a full 68 L tank and here come the excuses!!!

My m8 Baz using the gears with Trac off and fuse out ran a 13.7, 13.4 and a no time which looked like his quickest at 13 or so.

Geeza. What can I say. You had the stronger car on the day. But then there is always tomorrow and the bank Manager!

Phill. Thanks M8. Qausar - sorry, Roy... should have run guy.

I feasr the end of the day yet again ended in Jason and Geeza getting a majestic arse at 100 leptons from the pass window - mmm cold 2.

;)

I did pass Geeza and that was just in "D" !!! llllllooooolllll:conf: :twak: :flame Dev

Yeah great day,

good fun with the scooby on the way back too!

Thanks again Mid!

Tom.( mini man )

as usual - an excellent day out. thoroughly enjoyed myself and met a few more people off the board. big thank you to the following :

doug - for showing me the way to the m1 (saw you chase after that 300zx but had to turn off for the a1 - how did it go ?)

jason/shane/eric - shane, someone should put you in a rubber room w/o girls! and say nothink about the music !!

branners - hope i didn't impose too much with that guy gary that was interested in joining up

matt's mark - thanks for the loan of the laptop to get my RLTC sorted

fastisnice - as usual, an awesome performance. pity it wasn't up to your standards!!

rav - nice colour. it sort of grows on you in the flesh eh ?

phil - a special thanks to you for taking time out to sort out my RLTC gremlins and for the overall organization on the day. top bloke ...

and finally but NOT least, the usual suspects from the kent massiv : geeza, mid, mattH, steveM, barry and of course dude (not exactly kent but oh well) for making it a fun day out with the banter etc. a great bunch of people. seems like good times cannot help but follow when you guys are around !!!

sorry if i've forgotten anyone but with my age .... :(

Originally posted by Steve W2

Oh, and lust2luv, you are a crazy nutter, not only locking yourself out of your car but shredding up the motorway, driving into the wrong lane and round the M40/A34 Cherwell roundabout at about 90mph! I was going to try and catch you but the traffic was shit and got stopped at the lights.:D

:D And I was taking it easy because I had the g/f in the car!

Sorry about missing you on the way up Steve - I think I'm gonna post my full story in another thread - had a bit of a nightmare of a day!! :(

:looney:

Top top day out, yet again good to meet and put names to faces, including Branners, Terminator, Steve W2 and Wipeout, good to see the usual people I know as well.

Thanks to mawby for leading the way from the hotel, wouldn't have had the foggiest idea how to get there especially through the country lanes and village, nice queue to get to Pod as well.

Must say thanks to Terminator for sorting out our space [what little there was] and the whole pass issue as well, top effort and well done to Pod organisers for screwing it all up at the last minute :(

Was really pissed off before we even got to Pod in the morning when I found out that my video camera battery was flat as a pancake :mad: :mad:

Still I managed to shoot off 40 pictures which can all be seen here

Geeza - I took a photo of that purple skyline you were on about, you can see it here but I'm not happy the way the colour has come out :(

Sorry for leaving and not saying goodbye to everyone but will catch up with you all soon :)

Good weekend in all, especially the food at the hotel hey Mark! Would have liked to run my car but by the time I got back from the dyno I couldn't be bothered, the queue was massive and then they closed it anyway. Not too happy about the parking, if you see the few photos I've done here (very few for me in fact, I just wasn't in a photo taking mood) you'll see what we are all on about. At least we attracted a lot of attention, even if it was because we bloked most of the road and we had our very own "How to break into a Supra" demonstration!

Hopefully next year POD will make a better effort... and hopefully they'll move the event to a bit earlier in the year as the cold seemed to be bothering a lot of people.

Oh, and cheers to millhouse for videoing my dyno run... it will be interesting to see/hear that again! VRROOOOMMMMMM..... PPIISSTTT! :D

I had a really good day, thanks to all those that attended. Nice to meet a few newer faces and the all the usual guys 'n' gals.

Well done to all those that run this time... I will be running next time to show that Geezabloke what a proper J-spec can do after Midlife let the side down!!!:p

Got a good response on the banana's first outing. Although typically, in all the time I've been interested in Supra's, I've never actually seen a yellow one in the UK... What turns up at Pod? :innocent:

We do need to sort out som kind of ID system, 'cause there was load of you guys I didn't get to say hello to... Next time :)