Japanese Peformance RWYB

MR.B

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whee, just got home. A very entertaining day, will have to do it again :)

As usual, nice to see old faces and new alike. Although the Supra area was messed up pretty badly (first + biggest club to book, yet we probably had the least space - we had to park 4-5 deep in our area, and 2 deep onto the road which caused loads of nice traffic jams), I saw LOADS of nice Supras today. Worth it for that alone :)

Who ended up getting the fastest Supra time of the day? I think I remember seeing a 12.9?

Anyway, top day, and cheers to Terminator for sorting me out area access (even though I didn't use it, due to parking nightmares).

:thumbs:

-p

Yep, good day today, plenty of nice motors to see, good that it was all Jap stuff instead of some of the usual shite that turns up there!

Best I run was a 12 dead, sooooooo difficult getting my car off the line properly, had a few niggly problems today as well, nothing major, not enough boost and a small misfire. Skylines were mental as usual, all in all a good day.

Originally posted by Paul Whiffin

Yep, good day today, plenty of nice motors to see, good that it was all Jap stuff instead of some of the usual shite that turns up there!

Best I run was a 12 dead, sooooooo difficult getting my car off the line properly, had a few niggly problems today as well, nothing major, not enough boost and a small misfire. Skylines were mental as usual, all in all a good day.

I saw you run at about 11am or so, you did a very nice run (set the pace for all the Supras right from the start).. wasn't 12 dead, but I think that was the 12.9 I saw :) Would be easier if everybody had their cars badged (spotting 'whiffbitz.co.uk' written on your car kind of hinted at whos it was:))

I was planning to do a run (have never tried before), but after having my car dyno'd it looks like I may have a bit of a boost leak or something which needs investigating before I go hurling the car down the straight.

Top work from all the Supras that ran, the Skylines may have been mental (that blue thing from Sumo that hit the NOS and went sideways into the other lane :eek: ) but the Supras always outclass :D

-p

Well done Paul. 3 10'ths off Elvington.. you going to try running your car on some DR's sometime?

MonkeyMark got a 12.6 I believe.. he got some great launches.. I have these on Video, as well as a 10.1 run from a R32 GTR, superb considering the slipping and sliding.

It was a good meet and nice to see a few more new faces. :thumbs:

Thought I'd finally set myself up an account instead of lurking all the time. :)

Had a good day out and have to say some of those Supra's were looking damn lush. (Almost as nice as my S :p )

I managed to take quite a lot of snaps, but here are some for now and I'll try and post some more in the near future.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.woodward2/Meets/

-Mike

I did 3 runs in the morning, 12.7. 12 and 12.5, all of them with the same boost of 1.6, couldn't get anymore today for some reason, I've got a higher pressure wastegate spring coming next week which should sort that problem out. I need to do something to get off the line quicker, starting to get on my nerves a bit now, once I'm in 3rd gear I'm alright though!! Think I need some stickier tyres, might have to get a slick of somekind me thinks....may be a spot of traction control might help as well.

Originally posted by Paul Whiffin

may be a spot of traction control might help as well.

Would RLTC help much with drags? I know it's meant to give maximum possible grip, but would it not also retard your engine power enough to slow you down TOO much?

-p

Really enjoyed today, another good turnout.

I think the small parking area thing may be a joke by all the organisers behind our back. Lets see how many supras can fit into the smallest area.

Took loads of video, not digital stuff though so i can;t download.

Left the g/f with the camera and told her to get snapping. After 4 hours she had only remebered to take 1, at least she pointed at the right cars though.

launch.jpg

It should be yes, they do those sort of times everyday in the US, I'm pretty sure they run drag radials and race fuel with loads of ignition advance to do it. I've got a few tricks left up my sleeve yet, haven't really explored the drag racing thing properly as yet, I'm more into track days personaly, much better power sliding round bends than going in a straight line!

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Hey Mike :lalala:

Lets just ask someone from the US how they do it.. or even that guy from Norway! :p

I expect Paul to be knocking on 10's if he can get the power down. ~700bhp should be high 10's surely?

:) What a top day! Loads of amazing jap cars and all the supras parked up were gorgeous! :D

Didnt run :( but will do next time. based on the other cars i saw i think if i get a good start ill be looking at a high 14, low 15 sec in my N/A. Pauls supe was amazing and the wide arch one i saw was pretty cool too. I loved that blue skyline so much!! :)

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Stop bragging John, your cars never been as bad as Chris R's at Boxhill last time :p

I offer up exhibit A from a previous Pod session in my import

http://www.indidist.co.uk/images/images/branners1.jpg

Great day out, couldnt believe it when I saw the space messed up again. They are talking about it being a weekend event next year so we may have to book in to that.

Big thanks should go to Phil from all of us as it took a lot of organising with Pod being displaying their usual level of muppetry.

JB

great day out...some really really nice motors.

Good turnout of Supras running.

Glen and Gary seemed to putting in some crazy times in their skylines..

shame most of the supras at SP were parked in the field on the opposite side of the track to the club area, over where THOR ended up.

must have been about 20/30 over there

-c-

Originally posted by ad500

Really enjoyed today, another good turnout.

I think the small parking area thing may be a joke by all the organisers behind our back. Lets see how many supras can fit into the smallest area.

Took loads of video, not digital stuff though so i can;t download.

Left the g/f with the camera and told her to get snapping. After 4 hours she had only remebered to take 1, at least she pointed at the right cars though.

:D She sure did - thanks for the picture :D :cool:

Maybe next time we can have a competition to see how long it takes people to break into their own Supras. Seemed to draw a big crowd today when lust2lov did it anyway. You could get bonus points for most imaginative use of household implements...:p

Originally posted by Branners

I offer up exhibit A from a previous Pod session in my import

Comment cheerfully withdrawn :D

Ok.. who was guilty of the following offences.. Donuts on the grass as everyone was leaving.. Black Veilside and an Orangy/Gold one were going a little bit mental on the way home... good stuff :thumbs:

I could not believe what I saw when I walked into our area this morning, after my son left me out side to give out the few remaining stickers we had left. It was Billing all over again. John and a few others were moving the barrier to virtually double our space. What a shambles.

Well done everyone, your patience whilst waiting for other to come back to mover their car was exemplary.

What do we have to do, first to book and on Friday the largest group booked and we get given an area smaller than the Micra Club.:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

I will be talking to POD next week and expressing our displeasure and asking them what assurances we will have for next year. We need a space big enough to get all out cars in and out, Without five car six car involved in the manoeuvre.

What about those burger muppets blocking the road, thanks Gavin. I moved closer and closer trying to move forward, cars coming the other way and still they look at me like I had just been scrapped off a shoe. What do some people do for brains.

I think POD managers need to take a long hard look at their facilities. They need to spend some of the £££££ (£8 for every adult there and £12 per car running) they made today on better hard standing, improved pedestrian area and some marshals to keep sheep in control. I think the got caught with their pants down today. I don’t believe they expected the turn out to be anything like it was. If they are going to make this an annual event they need to invest in the site.

I could not stay during the afternoon had to buy another car.

Congratulation to the Skylines fast and reliable, some doing getting into the low 10's

Great day, great to see some new faces. Well done to Paul for getting some good times, 11.?? Soon.:respekt:

Originally posted by Terminator

What about those burger muppets blocking the road, thanks Gavin. I moved closer and closer trying to mover forward, cars coming the other way and still they look at me like I had just been scraped off a shoe. What do some people do for brains.

It's not as if the food is worth getting run over for.

Thanks for your efforts Phil.

Hi all,

Nice to see so many Supras in one place, although when i got there at 7.55am there was not a Supra in sight!!

I think overall it was a good day, great watching some sideways skyline launches and the red beast that pootled along sooo slowly for the first 80-90m then nailed it a got something like 11.0 !

Anyway, nice to meet a few of you after seeing usernames for last few months, hope you liked my car (metallic grey facelift with gold bits at front of our "huge" plot) and lets hope everyone's still up for the planned trackday.

Thanks again Phil for sorting this out, much appreciated by all I'm sure.

Dan

Originally posted by dandan

Anyway, nice to meet a few of you after seeing usernames for last few months, hope you liked my car (metallic grey facelift with gold bits at front of our "huge" plot) and lets hope everyone's still up for the planned trackday.

Gold wheels and looked like it had gold rings around the headlight bulbs? I thought it looked very nice :thumbs: :)

-p