The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RSP 1996 Areo top TT auto

Shane34

So after a long wait I finally find a car that was pretty amazing and jumped at the chance to own it. So the car was originally silver NA auto areo top, imported around 2007/2008, 1 older owner for 11years or so, from what I'm told and looking at the mot history he hard did any miles. He sold to his mot tester who from what I can gather flipped the car and made some money. Last owner did a full project and I'll try to document everything that has been done. Chassis is sitting on 54k miles. Full glass out and engine out respray Original twin turbo gte engine fitted Engine had all new seals water pump and detailed. Chassis has all new lower control arms all powder coated. All heat shields painted. New ac condenser and regas New battery Clifford 650mk II Standard face-lift 17inch wheels. Nurspec exhaust Yellow shocks Currently running BPU. Paintwork is exceptionally good I cannot fault it. Jobs to do. Fit new areo top seals order from TCB all 4 Remove rear glass and fit new rear window seal. Find some 18inch wheels that suit RSP. Future plans, new modern 7 speed or 8 speed gear box. I've seen that a a couple of companies are developing the conversions f80 has been done. However the new AA80e and Zf8 are potentially on the horizon. Will post some pictures up soon.

[quote name='Peter P']Nice to see this went to a good home. Phil is a perfectionist and a great guy to boot. Saw the sale post and new it wouldn’t hang around long. Huge congrats and sounds like you are going to cherish it and do right by it as well. :thumbs:[/QUOTE] I think I tried to pay for it within 3hours of the listing. However bank wouldn't let me without a card reader so had to go back the next day. Phil is a decent guy, also got a trip out in his mint red nsx which blew me away. Owned mr2s for decades so back in a 2 seater was fun.

[quote name='tayr']Did I see this on Facebook a few days ago?! If so that was absolutely mint! The person you bought it off is a real perfectionist I hear[/QUOTE] Yes was on Facebook. Perfectionist I'd agree just looking around at the other cars and set up I knew it was a fantastic opportunity.

[quote name='Shane34']So after a long wait I finally find a car that was pretty amazing and jumped at the chance to own it. So the car was originally silver NA auto areo top, imported around 2007/2008, 1 older owner for 11years or so, from what I'm told and looking at the mot history he hard did any miles. He sold to his mot tester who from what I can gather flipped the car and made some money. Last owner did a full project and I'll try to document everything that has been done. Chassis is sitting on 54k miles. Full glass out and engine out respray Original twin turbo gte engine fitted Engine had all new seals water pump and detailed. Chassis has all new lower control arms all powder coated. All heat shields painted. New ac condenser and regas New battery Clifford 650mk II Standard face-lift 17inch wheels. Nurspec exhaust Yellow shocks Currently running BPU. Paintwork is exceptionally good I cannot fault it. Jobs to do. Fit new areo top seals order from TCB all 4 Remove rear glass and fit new rear window seal. Find some 18inch wheels that suit RSP. Future plans, new modern 7 speed or 8 speed gear box. I've seen that a a couple of companies are developing the conversions f80 has been done. However the new AA80e and Zf8 are potentially on the horizon. Will post some pictures up soon.[/QUOTE] Keep an eye out on the work we're doing with the Lexus 8 Speed! :thumbs:

[quote name='Shane34']There is a few options coming up then. Got any details on which model the box is and roughly what tourqe it's safe for.[/QUOTE] It's never really been pushed in application in a Supra. Having said that, Ryan (Syvecs) has said that it is often used in the UAE in big V8 torque-monster builds and he's yet to hear of one blowing, so who knows... We're aiming for 1500hp so if it holds that, I think it'd give us a good idea as to its strength.

• 3 weeks later...