The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help to resurrect the dead, automotively speaking of course!!

oxygene

2 minutes ago, jim_supra said:

So if oxygene pays James 3k he'll gets his engine, diff and misc parts back I assume? I'd try to take that route before going legal regardless of which person believes they are right.

I think oxygene has been trying to make contact with James since April hence this thread being started and believe James stated it was in a mates lock up or unit but he wasn’t able to access it only a few months ago?

What does seem wrong is that if James didn’t notify the owner he was selling the parts surely he should of done that even if the guy owed money but as Rider stated 12k on an underside restoration is big money?

3k on paint is about right.

A complete 2jz gte loom etc is 5k plus easy? Plus all the other parts?

Too many unanswered questions.

9 hours ago, blythmrk said:

I think oxygene has been trying to make contact with James since April hence this thread being started and believe James stated it was in a mates lock up or unit but he wasn’t able to access it only a few months ago?

What does seem wrong is that if James didn’t notify the owner he was selling the parts surely he should of done that even if the guy owed money but as Rider stated 12k on an underside restoration is big money?

3k on paint is about right.

A complete 2jz gte loom etc is 5k plus easy? Plus all the other parts?

Too many unanswered questions.

Oh yeah, ok, lend me £3000 then please mate, I'll obviously leave something with you near the value, but you won't hear a word out of me for over one and half years! I know what I'd do if I was you, I'd sell the shit I left with you to re-coup my money, as clearly if I needed to borrow £3000 from you and then disappeared for 1.5 years, I'm still on my arse money wise! Like I said, I know what I'd do, I'm not a bank.

12k for a restoration big money? Mark you are seriously out of touch with what traders will charge you these days. £3k for a paint job is about right, what?!? Again you need to price things up, as I've just had two quotes for a re-spray, and they both START at £8000, that's before any previous damage is found under the current paint etc...

Jame's big mistake was taking on work from people who didn't have the money. I said this to him when Supra-love's car appeared in the workshop, which was another case of not enough money to try and live a supra dream, to the point where the trailer that came to get the car that Luke had arranged had to wait as James wouldn't release the car as final payment still hadn't been made. The final payment did get paid eventually that morning, but it didn't come from Supra-love's bank account, so what does that tell you.

Same thing with Ash's (Oxygene) car, couldn't settle the bill, so parts were retained.

It's a hard lesson James has had to learn, and unfortunately it's closed his business down. You speak to any of the traders if you are close friends with them, and they will tell you that they can tell which customers have the funds or not from experience, and regularly turn down work when they feel there's a risk, and if you are one of those customers all you will hear from traders is "Sorry, we are just too busy at the moment" 😉

At the end of the day, if anyone thinks they are hard done by they can take it to court. Bleeting on here to a bunch of washer women is just pointless, and just shows you don't have a case.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

Jonny Mac got sold that duff engine by James.  Maybe Oxygene should ask him what the engine number is and see if its the same as on his V5C (assuming it was ever recorded on there).

So hang on, if this is the same engine, a 'duff' engine you say yes? How can that be the same engine that drove into the workshop, which I'm sure Ash (Oxygene) will confirm that the car drove fine, and not a 'duff' engine? Or are you saying the guy who bought an engine is an idiot because that engine wasn't duff? As it's Ash's engine that drove into the workshop, and the engine that he wanted back?!

So it was a worthless engine that got retained because payment wasn't made? Or it was a good engine?!? And don't forget, the value of parts VERY different over 1.5 years ago.

You can't have it two ways can you?!? lol

As I've always said, if you want to know the true story about things, sitting on here and nattering like a bunch of old women is never going to get you the full story. You wouldn't believe the things you hear and learn by meeting club members in person, and having a chat over a beer. 

So as always, I'm always easy to be found in person where there's something going on with Supra's, most probably this Sunday in fact! If I can be arsed to get up early lol. I'm definitely not hard to find, either everyone knows me and will direct you to me, or you will hear me before you see me lol And no doubt you will bump into James (Littlenum) too at future events, as he has a huge circle of friends within the club and we all enjoy getting together 🙂

So please come and say hello and have a chat over a beer in the future 🙂

4 hours ago, Burna said:

Jame's big mistake was taking on work from people who didn't have the money. I said this to him when Supra-love's car appeared in the workshop, which was another case of not enough money to try and live a supra dream, to the point where the trailer that came to get the car that Luke had arranged had to wait as James wouldn't release the car as final payment still hadn't been made. The final payment did get paid eventually that morning, but it didn't come from Supra-love's bank account, so what does that tell you

Been through this before, you didn’t know me when my car went to James and you definitely didn’t know my finances. James didn’t even know me the time my car went there. 
I always had money when James requested it, sometimes he did have to wait a day or so when we moved money around, this is really confusing, money has never been an issue for me.
Final payment was done once me and my guy managed to get hold of James the morning we came to collect it as he wasn’t there, it was never about releasing the car, Only thing James did say was he checked his bank and no payment, this is because I didn’t have his details for the transfer, once I got them I paid, simple as that. 
Then James was talking about the Burna run and even bought some unused gaskets that were left over, this only all kicked off once I had some parts missing, lots of things loose or damaged and the headgasket was back to front on the engine build. 
We could of sorted it all out and it wouldn’t of been an issue.
As for where my money comes from is non of your business or anyone elses but if you really have to know me and the mrs put our money in a secure account for big payments. I’m not sure what else I can say here, wish you all the best anyway! 

3 minutes ago, Supra-love said:

Blah Blah Blah lol

Oh I did know of you Luke and I don't lie, ask anyone. As I've said before I warned James to get all monies up front the day I saw your car turn up in his unit, as I had previously seen your posts and heard from people that you were trying to do things on the cheap because you were skint. Also there's a record of your final payment coming from someone else's bank account on the final day James washed his hands of you and your car lol

Luke, if you were so unjustly treated, I'll say to you as I said to Ash, stop your crying and take it to court, it really is that simple, but again, you're just talking shit, and wont lol

22 minutes ago, Supra-love said:

I haven’t said a word about what I’m doing. 👍🏼

Great! Chop chop then! Can't wait for that ball to get rolling! lol But going by past experience of you, and you asking to pay piece meal payments every month to pay for the work on your car (And yes there's loads of evidence of that through payment records) we’ll be waiting a hell of a long time for you to pay for a good solicitor! Lol Because, in your own words you "didn't have the money", including recently when you spoke to James about your head gasket being the wrong way round, and James did the right thing and sent you £150 to help put it right, as again you were pleading poverty, now call me a liar Luke if none of that is true, please 😉 As I can prove everything to anyone who asks me in person 🙂

19 minutes ago, Annabella said:

Girls, you'll have Tyson on your ass 😊

Mike knows me very well, and he also knows that anything I post here I definitely would say to the persons face. All of what I have posted is true, and I'm more than happy to discuss it further with anyone in person I meet at Supra events etc... Like I said before, I'm really not that hard to find! lol

And I think that's the majority of the problem with forums and facebook etc... especially here, far too many washer women members who are more than happy to jump on a lynching, but never ever show there face at any meets, any events, or any trips away. I know for a fact that most of the people who have commented on this thread never show their face, as I use to run most of the big events, and I've never once seen the names appear on any of my booking lists.

I'm old school, and don't believe in posting anything I wouldn't say to your face, and I don't need to hide behind a keyboard 🙂

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Burna said:

Mike knows me very well, and he also knows that anything I post here I definitely would say to the persons face. All of what I have posted is true, and I'm more than happy to discuss it further with anyone in person I meet at Supra events etc... Like I said before, I'm really not that hard to find! lol

And I think that's the majority of the problem with forums and facebook etc... especially here, far too many washer women members who are more than happy to jump on a lynching, but never ever show there face at any meets, any events, or any trips away. I know for a fact that most of the people who have commented on this thread never show their face, as I use to run most of the big events, and I've never once seen the names appear on any of my booking lists.

I'm old school, and don't believe in posting anything I wouldn't say to your face, and I don't need to hide behind a keyboard 🙂

That's my point, people don't get anywhere doing their dirty washing on line, he said, she said. This thread will get wrapped up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Supra-love said:

Hopefully he will come sort this mess out 😀 

I’m sure you hope so lol As everything I’ve said here is all true, no threats to anyone, just finally putting the truth across to what all I have seen is lies and sob stories. Like I said any club members can come and ask me the full story in person, as there’s waaaay too much to post on here, or better still ask the man in person, James himself, he’s a chatty friendly bloke and will be more than happy to make your acquaintance, a massive amount of club members will attest to that 🙂  

4 minutes ago, Supra-love said:

I’m bored now. Got much better things to be doing than keep proving my point over and over again. 

Lol Oh no surprise there then, because you haven’t actually proved anything have you Luke. Hopefully you will in court eh 😉 Never going to happen lol 

8 minutes ago, Annabella said:

That's my point, people don't get anywhere doing their dirty washing on line, he said, she said. This thread will get wrapped up.

Exactly mate, hence why I said they should stop their ranting and crying, and take it to court 🙂 It will go nowhere on here, and the truth always comes out behind the scenes 😉 

@oxygene can you confirm if there is any other advice you need from members before I bring this thread to a timely close? I feel it has served it's purpose now, neither party believes they are at fault, any number of posts or opinions aren't going to change that fact. There are 2 courses of action, take it on the chin as a life lesson and move on or take it court to plead your case. James is no longer on the forum, so there is nothing that the club can do about this, it's just going round in circles.

I'd take this time to make an important note, this club is a community of enthusiasts, the club facilitate that community by arranging events and hosting this online forum. We do not recommend or endorse any hobbyists or traders, that is done by our members in a democratic way. The club is not a shop, auction house or trader, we are not affiliated in any way with our traders and have no vested interest in them. If on the rare occasion there is a disagreement, we facilitate an open two way conversation to help reach a resolution. We are not a legal body or legal practitioner and as such, have no legal powers should you not be able to reach a mutual agreement. At this point you will need to take advice from appropriate sources to decide a course of action, which may or may not be court.

Ultimately, any services/parts/sales are done at your own risk, it is your responsibility to do your due diligence and protect yourself as much reasonably practicable.

• Like 1

• Tyson locked this topic